League Reconstruction 20/21 season

11 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

18 (SPFL) - play each other twice a season, home and away.  

12 (League 1) - have a 6/6 split.

12 (League 2) - have a 6/6 split. 

Brora and Kelty brought up.  Would make our leagues a lot more interesting rather than the same old **** every year.   Will never happen though.  The OF have too much of a stranglehold on ticket revenues.  A lot of teams need their potentially two visits a year.  As far as the SPFL expansion goes, I would gladly welcome clubs like Dunfermline, Dundee, Hearts, ICT etc into the top division.  I would rather have their variety than playing the OF. 

That won't happen as there needs to be 4 Old Firm games.  Plus, I mean, no one wants Dundee in the Premiership.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

The league doesn't have a sponsor for next season though so the prize pot presumably stands at the TV deal and not much else.

The Ladbrokes deal is only about £2.5m a year, so there's still another £4.5m or so from other sources (Championship TV, BBC highlights, BBC Alba, Mitre and other non-headline sponsors, licensing for computer games etc).

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

That won't happen as there needs to be 4 Old Firm games.  Plus, I mean, no one wants Dundee in the Premiership.

Still seething at your Chief Exec making you look like a right minter?

12 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Brora and Kelty brought up.  Would make our leagues a lot more interesting rather than the same old **** every year.   Will never happen though.  The OF have too much of a stranglehold on ticket revenues.  A lot of teams need their potentially two visits a year.  As far as the SPFL expansion goes, I would gladly welcome clubs like Dunfermline, Dundee, Hearts, ICT etc into the top division.  I would rather have their variety than playing the OF. 

Agreed.  A bit of variety would be good, gets a bit humdrum watching the same fixtures played on repeat, potentially to the end of time.  11-1 voting structure does need to change (although I am aware that my club's esteemed ex-chairman had a role in maintaining this).  Bigger leagues would hopefully increase the competitiveness of the cups too.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Still seething at your Chief Exec making you look like a right minter?

A minter for correctly pointing that he's, quite literally, all every Dundee fan on here ever posts about?  There's absolutely nothing minterish about that I'm afraid.

He's box office, and The Caley are box office.  Dundee are not.

27 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Hearts have been the worst team in the league for some time now. I'm sure they produced a table that covered the calendar year of 2019 and Hearts were bottom?

This is not bad luck, you have been shite for years and this relegation is completely deserved. The bigger injustice would be if coronavirus had saved you.

Get doon. Stay doon.

Your desperation to avoid playing Hearts is both pleasing and predictable.  ^_^

Edited by Mr. X

18 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

18+12+12 = 42, Brora and Kelty up. Who is going out the league?

"Turkish" barbers, hand car wash, vape shops, phone unlockers, endless potential

I wonder what we can look forward to. We've done the pawn shops and bookies,, maybe tanning salons or storage companies, who I believe are often cash rich and need to process it.

6 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Your desperation to avoid playing Hearts is both pleasing and predictable.  ^_^

If I couldn't take the prospect of losing to Hearts I wouldn't support Hibs.

I fully expect that, despite your impending relegation, you'll still beat us in the semi final if that's ever played.

By the way, I've just checked on Transfermarkt and, yes, bottom of the table for 2019 among teams who played in both seasons.

You've been absolutely rotten since Cathro arrived (one surprising start to the season under Levein apart), and relegation is exactly what's deserved.

1298124035_Screenshot(4).png.e214223e923e6811ce585c45864495d3.png

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

needs to be 4 Old Firm games.

The whole problem. Right there. 

Fucking cancer they are. 

'We' do not need four old filth games. 

Until that mantra gets in the sea it's the same old shite, rinse and repeat. 

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A minter for correctly pointing that he's, quite literally, all every Dundee fan on here ever posts about?  There's absolutely nothing minterish about that I'm afraid.

He's box office, and The Caley are box office.  Dundee are not.

On 10/05/2020 at 17:01, TheScarf said:

The Caley, and Mr Gardiner, causing record amounts of seethe. Tasty.

On 10/05/2020 at 16:32, TheScarf said:

Gardiner has broken the Dundee fans. Absolutely succulent.

On 10/05/2020 at 15:43, TheScarf said:

The Caley live rent free in so many peoples head. Naturally it’s Celtic and Dundee fans mainly.  Given they’ve been our bitches for over a decade. 

Throwing Scot Gardiner into the mix makes it even more savoury.

On 07/05/2020 at 21:31, TheScarf said:

Scot Gardiner has the Dundee fans in absolute knots. You hate to see it.

Then the news broke of him doing all this for the **** whilst simultaneously shafting his own club...

On 12/05/2020 at 17:45, TheScarf said:

he has to go. 

I've seen Gardiner at our 25th anniversary dinner and he just seemed like a complete idiot.

Like I said,

Minter.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Then the news broke of him doing all this for the **** whilst simultaneously shafting his own club...

Like I said,

Minter.

I could go back and quote the multiple posts from Dundee fans about Gardiner since he joined The Caley but it would take me 42 years.

He's an idiot, but he's box office and there's nothing you, or any other Dundee fans can do about that.  

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Reconstruction needs a vote - a vote that has already failed once an would probably fail again.  Calling the league and relegating Hearts (because they're bottom) only needs the SPFL Board to make the call.  Nothing to do with 'fairness'.

You can shout about reconstruction but, if the other clubs don't want it, then it's not going to happen.

That's pretty much what my post said, yeah. I don't blame Budge for trying but she's on a hiding to nothing. If Hearts weren't caught up in this, I wouldn't necessarily expect them to care about saving the bottom team in the interests of "fairness" either.

47 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Hearts have 0 games left to play though? the leagues been played out and the last matches awarded points on an average points system?

So it is fair hearts go down.

We had 8 games scheduled to play, which we were entitled to play according to the league rules, and now those have been cancelled. It's pretty obvious what I'm talking about unless you're being wide.

And before anyone starts, I'm not saying they shouldn't have been cancelled. It's what had to happen, but it doesn't mean it's fair - a completely fair outcome isn't possible.

See all this TV contract stuff that the papers make sound mega by rolling up 4 years worth to quote as £120m or whatever? That's only £30m a year. It's less than 15% of the combined turnover of the Scottish clubs. Not to be sniffed at, but is it really worth it?  Ignoring what best suits attending fans and being ordered to play games at 10 o'clock on a Monday morning or whenever SKY determine they've got a gap in their schedules. Never getting a derby or a game against the OF on a Saturday afternoon*. Never getting an OF away game televised. I know £120m sounds a lot and probably gets Doncaster a 6-figure bonus, but FFS shouldn't Scottish football be able to do better?

*Insert "well, yous'll no be playin them anyway" .....gag below.

Given that half the turnover in the league goes to one club, half the remainder will go to another one and two or three clubs* that 15% is somewhat deceptive

* maths simplified and intended for illustrative purposes only

Hearts lads seem to be losing sight of the fact they are getting relegated because they are shite.

Not because telly, Celtic, the voting structure or any of the other mental gymnastic reasons they are spouting .

Because they are garbage, let's not forget that.

22 minutes ago, DC92 said:

That's pretty much what my post said, yeah. I don't blame Budge for trying but she's on a hiding to nothing. If Hearts weren't caught up in this, I wouldn't necessarily expect them to care about saving the bottom team in the interests of "fairness" either.

We had 8 games scheduled to play, which we were entitled to play according to the league rules, and now those have been cancelled. It's pretty obvious what I'm talking about unless you're being wide.

And before anyone starts, I'm not saying they shouldn't have been cancelled. It's what had to happen, but it doesn't mean it's fair - a completely fair outcome isn't possible.

Same for everyone then.We all had to play 8 games so they done the right thing.Enjoy Arbroath.