League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

Even trying to be as objective as I can, I don't see how relegating teams with 8 games to go is more fair than reconstruction. The argument is that the teams in 3rd/4th place have as much a claim as the teams in 2nd, but those teams are being denied promotion by the current proposal anyway and they'd have a theoretically better chance of promotion next season with an expanded top league.

If your argument is that we shouldn't have reconstruction because the current model is better then that's fair enough, but it's a different argument.

What's happening now isn't happening because it's the fairest way, it's happening because it's the least inconvenient. That was always going to be the case because the SPFL is a members-run organisation and clubs will vote for their own interests, not out of altruism. We're one of the few getting shafted out of it and I don't necessarily blame Budge for trying to stop that, but it's a waste of time. I wouldn't expect us to give a f**k if it was someone else.

I do blame Budge for making a catastrophic arse of running the club for the last 5 years, but that's another matter.

Reconstruction needs a vote - a vote that has already failed once an would probably fail again.  Calling the league and relegating Hearts (because they're bottom) only needs the SPFL Board to make the call.  Nothing to do with 'fairness'.

You can shout about reconstruction but, if the other clubs don't want it, then it's not going to happen.

4 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Even trying to be as objective as I can, I don't see how relegating teams with 8 games to go is more fair than reconstruction. The argument is that the teams in 3rd/4th place have as much a claim as the teams in 2nd, but those teams are being denied promotion by the current proposal anyway and they'd have a theoretically better chance of promotion next season with an expanded top league.

If your argument is that we shouldn't have reconstruction because the current model is better then that's fair enough, but it's a different argument.

The largest part of the argument against reconstruction is that Budge wants it to be temporary, if she proposed a permanent 14-10-10-10 then theres not a huge argument against it. Wanting it to be temporary kills it.

38 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

If the Board decide to call the season now then that becomes the end of the season.

You will be in bottom place and should be relegated because that's the rules.

I take offence at your remark but you have just made yourself look like an ignorant knuckle dragger.

37 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No need for that.

I have bowed to Jack'sgranda's judgement of what is "too far" and edited it (slightly)

19 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I don't see how relegating teams with 8 games to go is more fair than reconstruction.

No it's because of the rules.

16 minutes ago, The DA said:

What's happening now isn't happening because it's the fairest way, it's happening because it's the least inconvenient.

16 minutes ago, The DA said:

We're one of the few getting shafted out of it

tenor-3.gif

Sorry, didn't realise I was quoting the DA's quote.

Edited by johnnydun

In an ideal world, the fairest way to reconstruct the leagues would be a 20-22 split.  This would allow Hearts to remain in the Premiership, Partick to remain in the Championship & Stranraer couldn't be relegated from League One, as both it & League Two wouldn't exist any more.

Now, I'm quite new to this whole football thing, so I wonder if anyone could tell me how important concepts such as: competition, jeopardy & sporting consequence are to the game as a whole?

If the 20-22 split were to occur, it would be quite interesting to see how the plight of Brora Rangers & Kelty Hearts could be marshalled in the sporting press to argue for the regulation four OF games a season.  

21 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

tenor-3.gif

Sorry, didn't realise I was quoting the DA's quote.

For one dreadful moment, I thought I was posting in my sleep.

32 minutes ago, DC92 said:

What's happening now isn't happening because it's the fairest way, it's happening because it's the least inconvenient. That was always going to be the case because the SPFL is a members-run organisation and clubs will vote for their own interests, not out of altruism. We're one of the few getting shafted out of it and I don't necessarily blame Budge for trying to stop that, but it's a waste of time. I wouldn't expect us to give a f**k if it was someone else.

I do blame Budge for making a catastrophic arse of running the club for the last 5 years, but that's another matter.

Hearts have 0 games left to play though? the leagues been played out and the last matches awarded points on an average points system?

So it is fair hearts go down.

7 hours ago, Mr. X said:

In the Maroon corner  you have other supporters that can plainly see Hearts are getting very unfairly treated.  Everything should be done to ensure no team carries a disproportionately large burden because of Covid 29 shutdown.  Reconstruction is just to suit Hearts because Hearts are the only team that are getting shafted in the top league.  No other team in the Premiership is being voted out by their rivals, at a cost  of 3 million and possibly more. 

Hearts have been the worst team in the league for some time now. I'm sure they produced a table that covered the calendar year of 2019 and Hearts were bottom?

This is not bad luck, you have been shite for years and this relegation is completely deserved. The bigger injustice would be if coronavirus had saved you.

Get doon. Stay doon.

7 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

it would be quite interesting to see how the plight of Brora Rangers & Kelty Hearts could be marshalled in the sporting press to argue for the regulation four OF games a season.  

The big question is how we can get 4 old/dead firm games a season to satisfy Sky, Brora and Kelty promoted, and still get Hearts demoted.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

The big question is how we can get 4 old/dead firm games a season to satisfy Sky, Brora and Kelty promoted, and still get Hearts demoted.

Ah, is that the aim of this whole league reconstruction thing? I must of got my wires crossed somewhere, thanks for keeping me right!

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Again hIbs invented you, unlike you our history is entirely ours at no time did your rivals play a part in our fine history. 

Diet hobo 😏

50 / 50 chance you'd make a tit of it.  What a plum!  

Also, hobo?  So very Kickback of you.  

3 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Ah, is that the aim of this whole league reconstruction thing? I must of got my wires crossed somewhere, thanks for keeping me right!

Yes. Nobody gives a f**k about Partick and Stranraer.

38 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Yip pretty sure rudi wouldn’t have signed had he known it was hibs aborted child 👶 

He's a money grabbing welt so I'm sure he would.

Did he not demand appearance money to pour a pint in the Diggers during your all too recent financial disgrace?