Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Recommended Posts

Remember, Hearts might go down and they might stay up. But hey, some new trips might be fun anyway. They've accepted it either way and are simply watching with serenity while everyone has meltdowns. It's all good in EH11 baaaaby.

3 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Maybe pass that on to your chairman, the bent c**t.

 

3 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

The death of your club will be a joyous day for our game. You've served your purpose to Lawwell and collected your pieces of eight.

Save the Albert Kidd gags for the funeral, we'll all have a good laugh.

 

2 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

The crying will commence once you all start going to the wall. Lawwell doesn't care.

Scum Club, Scum City.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Remember, Hearts might go down and they might stay up. But hey, some new trips might be fun anyway. They've accepted it either way and are simply watching with serenity while everyone has meltdowns. It's all good in EH11 baaaaby.

 

 

 

74B79B74-E953-485A-AF59-08F6B08BD349.jpeg.72ffe5a3ff8cc2dfd85f61e4086d9465.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Glad something makes you happy, Lordy-Parp. I didn’t realise you had an interest in football. Have you now been released from your commission to fight an online guerilla war against Brexit on the Political forum?

😂

U OK diet-***? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Please stop making obviously sensible points?

No.

The bottom line is that we all know deep down that relegation based on a season that was never completed is wrong.

We also know that if this had happened this time last year, St Mirren would have been making exactly the same argument Hearts are making now. Of course, St Mirren's desire to be saved from a relegation battle by just arbitrarily stopping the season now doesn't seem to be attracting the same scorn as Hearts' self-interest.

And the final point is one that I've brought up repeatedly but never had an answer to. If this is all about saving Hearts as a 'big club', then why did this not happen in 1999 when we were bottom with 8 games to go? Why did this not happen in spring 2013 when we went into administration and were obviously going to be relegated a year later? Why only now?

The clear answer is that everybody understands that what is happening just now is basically unfair.

See the source image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In England they are discussing merging league 2 with the National league and splitting into North and South divisions.

Do they have the same stupid voting structure down there as us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

If only Dundee United's stadium wasn't Premiership compliant...

I understand that rule is only for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I understand that rule is only for us

Not at all. Ourselves and Partick Thistle were also both fucked over unnecessarily by this rule. 

Difference is we both actually took the hit and improved our stadiums instead of signing Chris Waddle. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Remember, Hearts might go down and they might stay up. But hey, some new trips might be fun anyway. They've accepted it either way and are simply watching with serenity while everyone has meltdowns. It's all good in EH11 baaaaby.
 


I think you mean LN1 as opposed to EH11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



The death of your club will be a joyous day for our game. You've served your purpose to Lawwell and collected your pieces of eight.

Save the Albert Kidd gags for the funeral, we'll all have a good laugh.


l279a.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest JTS98
6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It appears that he's now cracked out his dotting account. :lol: 

Hiya @BonniePrinceCharlie, hiya pal!

I do not have any account other than this one.

No idea who BonniePrinceCharlie is.

It's not me. I seldom red dot anybody. The only time I dish them out is for openly offensive posts. I certainly don't red dot posts on the basis of disagreeing with them. That's a weird thing to do on a discussion forum where the ability to reply is freely available.

Worrying about dots on a fitba forum is worrying behaviour. I've got my own pals who follow me around red dotting my posts.

Bizarre way to behave, bizarre thing to care about.

Edited by JTS98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d appreciate if heart just took their medicine and ducked off before the league reconstruction politics gives dad an aneurism!

Theres much more important things going on in the world beyond Hearts having shite  sesason. 
 

Sense of proportion needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the 'philosophy of the league style competition' it is accepted that there is no such thing as a league table until all matches in the league program; i.e. all have played each other once at home and once away in a traditional round-robin tourney; have been completed. Obviously, it's a bit different in the SPFL Premier due to their 'odd' schedule, but the point remains... there are no champions, no wooden-spoons and indeed, no other positions achieved until every planned match has been completed.

In effect, this means that any unfinished league season is naturally null and void. As much as I despise n&v, the philosophy is definite on this.

Another thing I want to mention is the argument that teams being elevated to higher divisions cause any teams already in those divisions some palpable harm. I guess that there's a truth in that these latter teams would no longer be playing matches versus the teams that they might've been playing otherwise, that'd likely have brought bigger supports with them.

However, also in that scenario, such teams swap that factor for the one in which they now likely become 'the big fish' within their newly created division, concommittant with a likely much improved playing record in a technically easier division. Which fact in itself likely draws a better average home support, due to those improved results.

The 'but we're effectively relegated to the bottom division' argument, while kinda true, is somewhat 'straw-man', as of course, their standing within their division is much improved & further proof against relegation to Tier 4. Further, they'd have greatly improved promotional chances (that itself will also build crowds) and with promotion they'd enter a Tier 2 division of rather easier average oppositional strength than before restructuring.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cornishman said:

In the 'philosophy of the league style competition' it is accepted that there is no such thing as a league table until all matches in the league program; i.e. all have played each other once at home and once away in a traditional round-robin tourney; have been completed. Obviously, it's a bit different in the SPFL Premier due to their 'odd' schedule, but the point remains... there are no champions, no wooden-spoons and indeed, no other positions achieved until every planned match has been completed.

In effect, this means that any unfinished league season is naturally null and void. As much as I despise n&v, the philosophy is definite on this.

The completely made up philosophy that you've decided upon in your own head, you mean? There are precedents of league seasons in Scotland (and elsewhere) being considered completed despite all the fixtures not being played.

Edited by craigkillie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest JTS98
5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The completely made up philosophy that you've decided upon in your own head, you mean? There are precedents of league seasons in Scotland (and elsewhere) being considered completed despite all the fixtures not being played.

That seems a pretty obtuse response to the previous poster's perfectly reasonable point.

It is a generally accepted philosophy that the season isn't finished till it's finished. We hear this constantly from fitba people. 'One game at a time, prizes aren't dished out in Month X'. 'We need to do better ,but there are still points to play for and we won't give up'. Etc.

Hardly something the previous poster 'has decided in his own head'.

Indeed, after their thirtieth league game last season, St Mirren's head coach had this to say.

"But it's still in our hands, we've a lot of big games ahead of us. Games that are going to look like this, have that level of edge that this had. But we've got to be smarter when we get into those games."

Of course Scotland has a precedent for this. From 80 years ago under a different governing body. I don't think we need to be bound to that.

Edited by JTS98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

That seems a pretty obtuse response to the previous poster's perfectly reasonable point.

It is a generally accepted philosophy that the season isn't finished till it's finished. We hear this constantly from fitba people. 'One game at a time, prizes aren't dished out in Month X'. 'We need to do better ,but there are still points to play for and we won't give up'. Etc.

Hardly something the previous poster 'has decided in his own head'.

Of course Scotland has a precedent for this. From 80 years ago under a different governing body. I don't think we need to be bound to that.

You are either enjoying killing time playing this long drawn out wind up, or you are genuinely a fucking lunatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

You are either enjoying killing time playing this long drawn out wind up, or you are genuinely a fucking lunatic.

I'm genuinely not sure what part of the quoted post you disagree with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...