League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Where have you been hiding since the result of the Arbitration Panel consigned your team to its rightful place in the Championship? All mouth in the weeks leading up to it then the result goes spectacularly against your club and you’re nowhere to be seen. Until tonight, when your club is victorious in receiving a fine which you’ll have to pay out on top of all of the Arbitration  expenses, along with Partick Thistle. 

Never been so happy with a fine. Like getting a yellow card when we could have been off. Wanted to celebrate with an appropriate GIRUY.  To be fair I've taken more abuse on here than I've dished out. Mostly wondered what folks' thoughts on this "sporting bubble" was, especially in the middle of a serious outbreak.

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Never been so happy with a fine. Like getting a yellow card when we could have been off. Wanted to celebrate with an appropriate GIRUY.  To be fair I've taken more abuse on here than I've dished out. Mostly wondered what folks' thoughts on this "sporting bubble" was, especially in the middle of a serious outbreak.

Do you not think they could have played out the court case to avoid the fine?

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Why is this c**t on our forum and not arguing with the Alloa Arbroath Inverness fans (or whoever might be in Hearts shitey seaside division......) on their diddy forum?

Shouldn't you be celebrating getting £2m for Kamberi? Oh, it was £150k. As you were.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, itzdrk said:

Do you not think they could have played out the court case to avoid the fine?

Wish it had been played to in court in public like we wanted. Apparently it's Hearts and PT wanting to keep things private though.

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

Wish it had been played to in court in public like we wanted. Apparently it's Hearts and PT wanting to keep things private though.

Must be some pretty damning stuff in there considering their own legal team wanted it to be open and transparent to the public. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Must be some pretty damning stuff in there considering their own legal team wanted it to be open and transparent to the public. 

The SPFL's? No, they want to release the bits they like but not the evidence heard. So we still don't know what went on with that Dundee vote.

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Read the end of the 2nd sentence of the post you quoted.

I've read it and I'm not sure what relevance it holds. First of all, it doesn't matter what the referee does, it is St Mirren's responsibility to ensure that they follow the competition rules, not his, and ignorance is not an excuse. Second of all, I've read several accounts from the time, and not one of them mentions this supposed rogue teamsheet from the referee. Even Chick Young's pathetic woe is us BBC column of the time doesn't mention anything about the referee being involved in any way, just that St Mirren were trying to argue a technicality about the wording of the teamsheets.

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Shouldn't you be celebrating your £8m compensation package?  Oh, it was pay the court costs and a fine.  As you were.

It's OK we'll organise a walk. Hold on, our fans care enough about our club that we give it 150k a month anyhow. And our owner cares enough that all costs and fines are being paid without fans being asked for a penny. So, we're good thanks. Apart from the whole unfair demotion thing. That's still a shitter.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

The SPFL's? No, they want to release the bits they like but not the evidence heard. So we still don't know what went on with that Dundee vote.

Which evidence? The evidence being all those documents and phone records that Hearts and Thistle solemnly promised Lord Clarke that they'd keep confidential, because it was just to be used for the court case?

Why does that have to be published? The Court of Session only generally puts up the judgement portions of their cases on the website. And if Hearts and Thistle were trying to coerce the SPFL into allowing it to be published, why didn't they tell Lord Clarke at the time? Could it be that 'We're on a fishing expedition to find embarrassing things about the SPFL to throw at the general public' would have had Clarke dismissing the motion and booting their QC out of the courtroom faster than you could say 'vexatious plaintiff'?

It's not clear to me that Hearts and Thistle really do want to publish the evidence, but it plays to the peanut gallery - it's a good way of suppressing the ruling while still making it appear to their dupes and apologists that it's the SPFL's  fault.

Edited by Aim Here

6 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

It's OK we'll organise a walk. Hold on, our fans care enough about our club that we give it 150k a month anyhow. And our owner cares enough that all costs and fines are being paid without fans being asked for a penny. So, we're good thanks. Apart from the whole unfair demotion thing. That's still a shitter.

Aye, that's better than £8m right enough.

Guest 8GamesToGo
8 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Which evidence? The evidence being all those documents and phone records that Hearts and Thistle solemnly promised Lord Clarke that they'd keep confidential, because it was just to be used for the court case?

Why does that have to be published? The Court of Session only generally puts up the judgement portions of their cases on the website. And if Hearts and Thistle were trying to coerce the SPFL into allowing it to be published, why didn't they tell Lord Clarke at the time? Could it be that 'We're on a fishing expedition to find embarrassing things about the SPFL to throw at the general public' would have had Clarke dismissing the motion and booting their QC out of the courtroom faster than you could say 'vexatious plaintiff'?

It's not clear to me that Hearts and Thistle really do want to publish the evidence, but it plays to the peanut gallery - it's a good way of suppressing the ruling while still making it appear to their dupes and apologists that it's the SPFL's  fault.

Hearts and PT literally petitioned the court for a full public trial at which all evidence would be heard and people like Helms and Doncaster questioned under oath.

So you don't want to know what happened with the Dundee vote?

Given the SPFL has not introduced any guidelines around what to do if the league has to be stopped again, I would have thought every club would welcome if not a full inquiry at least some transparency to avoid the whole thing happening again.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

Aye, that's better than £8m right enough.

I don't think anyone thought we'd get 8m mate.

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

I didn't. So not everyone.

Seriously!  You really aren't the sharpest tool.  You were bottom of the league when it was called.  There was a vote on it too, and the majority were happy with the league being called.  The one you were at the bottom of.

And you didn't think you'd be relegated.  Truly bizarre.