League Reconstruction 20/21 season

36 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Think we worked that out a long time ago.  It's you lot that are slowly catching on. Even the SFA can't bring themselves to punish us.

We have actual cases of COVID to footballers  in a city that is being locked down due to an outbreak, and the games can still be played in that city within the 14 day isolation period and the affected club can still travel beyond the 5 mile limit everyone else is being restricted to because - wow look everyone - football clubs in Scotland are operating in a "sporting bubble". But since joining this forum I've been told the gov doesn't care about football, and football isn't special. The SPFL said their hands were tied. No bubble was possible.

That bubble could very easily have been set up to finish fixtures from say start July and delay the start of the next season until mid Sept as England have done.  In fact had they done that, the current spike would have happened during the pre-season for the next season.

That Doncaster though. So competent.

You’re back!

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Nobody in Aberdeen is being restricted to 5 miles for work purposes. 

How many other people working for a company with positive cases are being allowed to travel? The government themselves said Scottish football clubs are operating within a "sporting bubble" (that apparently involves players going out on the lash). It's their language.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Only an utter fucking idiot could consider being fined a success.

I presume they also assume being stood up is a good date, pissing themselves a good way to go to the toilet and falling down stairs a good way to exit a building.

5 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

What has St Mirren cheating in, and being correctly punished for said cheating, in a national cup competition got to do with any of this?

I was drawing a comparative example of a disproportionate fine to a minor offence to a nominal fine for that committed by Hearts and PT.

Anyway, what are you doing in a thread in a part of the forum which relates to  2 tiers above where your team will commence playing in 10 weeks?

Edited by Arch Stanton

Just now, Ric said:

I presume they also assume being stood up is a good date, pissing themselves a good way to go to the toilet and falling down stairs a good way to exit a building.

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

You obviously don’t realise that only one of the 8 players to be missing on Saturday was guaranteed a starting place.

You need to stop engaging with this arsehole, nothing you say will get through.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

I was drawing a comparative example of a disproportionate fine to a minor offence to a nominal fine for that committed by Hearts and PT.

You cheated in the Scottish Cup. You should have been thrown out. 

Anyway, what are you doing in a thread in a part of the forum which is 2 tiers above where your team will be commence playing in 10 weeks?

The thread has some relevancy to my club. Unlike all the Maureen curtain twitchers on here. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, Ric said:

We were told in court we could be "oot the gemme" so yeah, a success considering £2500 is less than 2% of this months FoH take. I hope we pay PT's fine too. hey maybe Budge will get Anderson to throw in another 50 grand for everyone too?

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Just now, jagfox BLM said:

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

:lol:

Aye, absolutely.

Remind me again how your club were relegated, whined like a child, had to pay legal costs, lost a tribunal then were fined.

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You obviously don’t realise that only one of the 8 players to be missing on Saturday was guaranteed a starting place.

Will look with interest at the team they put out.

7 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

How many other people working for a company with positive cases are being allowed to travel? The government themselves said Scottish football clubs are operating within a "sporting bubble" (that apparently involves players going out on the lash). It's their language.

I was pointing out your utter crap that Aberdonians are restricted to 5 miles travel.  They aren't.

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Where have you been hiding since the result of the Arbitration Panel consigned your team to its rightful place in the Championship? All mouth in the weeks leading up to it then the result goes spectacularly against your club and you’re nowhere to be seen. Until tonight, when your club is victorious in receiving a fine which you’ll have to pay out on top of all of the Arbitration  expenses, along with Partick Thistle. 

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

We were told in court we could be "oot the gemme" so yeah, a success considering £2500 is less than 2% of this months FoH take.

That's the absolute extreme maximum possible punishment for the rulebreaking. Nobody with half a brain thought that was seriously going to happen, and certainly not after Lord Clarke glowered at it a bit.

If you were seriously expecting anything more than a  four-or-low-five-figure fine, that's because you're an utter fucking idiot, as the man says.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Aim Here

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Ric said:

:lol:

Aye, absolutely.

Remind me again how your club were relegated, whined like a child, had to pay legal costs, lost a tribunal then were fined.

Ric when unfairly accused of a wrongdoing: "It's a fair cop. It's unfair but I'll just move on. Here I'll put the handcuffs on myself to save you the job. Don't want to inconvenience anyone or, god forbid,  be seen to be whiny do I. How would I show my face on Pie and Bovril again! Meekly accepting your fate is the name of the game after all."

58 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I recall St. Mirren being fined over a rule breach in 2006.

IIRC the rule changed at the start of the season so that the Scottish Cup required 3 outfield players  in the starting 11 who were U21 and the club should have known this. However when they turned up for the away game v Spartans the Ref  supplied Gus MacPherson with the team form from the previous season which followed the old rule of 3 U21s in the matchday squad.

Again, rather than just fill in that form, they should have gone to the Ref's room and sought clarification however the team was juggled and 2 outfield U21 players started with 2 more on the bench. Spartans manager Mikey Lawson did some digging and then cliped to the SFA, clearly hoping Saints would be expelled.

The fine for this "heinous" crime of filling in the form supplied by the SFA? £25k!!!!!

It was eventually reduced to £12.5k on appeal but it was a ridiculously excessive fine at the time.

No, what they should have done is known the rules of the competition they were playing in and then not breached them.