League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I see Aston Villa escaped relegation. Amazing, almost like any club could have done it.

Hearts certainly couldn’t, because our season ended.  

They weren’t relegated because of a prediction, or estimate about where they’d be after 38 games.  They were relegated on the unequivocally factual basis that they were bottom after 30.  

Nae luck. 

8 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Hearts certainly couldn’t, because our season ended.  

They weren’t relegated because of a prediction, or estimate about where they’d be after 38 games.  They were relegated on the unequivocally factual basis that they were bottom after 30.  

Nae luck. 

Youd think their name was drawn out a hat the way they mewl about it, same with Partick fans.

Are any of the promoted clubs having a banner saying 'Promoted unfairly' as we could have blown it if we'd played all the games. Hopefully the season kicked off ok yesterday,no large gatherings outside the grounds etc. Are all the clubs involved in streaming the games now, and how does this work in spfl 1 & 2 ? 

10 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Partick Thistle fans are Crowdfunding for a banner, if anyone would like to donate:

For years we have been discredited by a delusional, farce of a board selling the Scottish game short. This year the truth in their passion has come to the face with Partick Thistle and others being relegated on a singular basis in extremely unfair fashion. After a vote by other clubs putting themselves first we need to show the rest of the world what we are up against and why we will not stand for anything less than justice for this catastrophic closure to an uncompleted season, putting ourselves at a huge, unfair disadvantage in the process. Together let’s join and raise for a huge flag which will be taken home and away to with the words “Scottish football - Corrupt to the core” getting the message across and with media attention hopefully giving us a stool to stand on. A club and fan base like no other. Together We are Thistle

https://gf.me/u/yjvs9r

tenor.gif.46f7dfd87b5f237e475232abc638525e.gif

They might as well stand in shite...

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

They might as well stand in shite...

That might the draw attention of more people than a mere flag.

I don't quite see that 42 clubs all voting in their own interest and the majority of members votes being detrimental to three clubs with minimal other support can be classed as corruption. Unless corruption now means acting against the interests of Partick Thistle et al.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Youd think their name was drawn out a hat the way they mewl about it, same with Partick fans.

You really would.

I've seen the relegations described as "arbitrary".  I think that lots of them have convinced themselves that their club has been randomly selected, then singled out for some hideous punishment.  I don't know if it's the Sky marketing of the EPL or what, but people now seem to regard relegation as the end of the world, rather than an annual event, for a varying group of clubs.  

Their bleating in the face of dreadful underachievement from their teams, coupled with a little bad luck at the end, is simply embarrassing.

51 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

That might the draw attention of more people than a mere flag.

I don't quite see that 42 clubs all voting in their own interest and the majority of members votes being detrimental to three clubs with minimal other support can be classed as corruption. Unless corruption now means acting against the interests of Partick Thistle et al.

I'm amazed at where we find ourselves - but like you I see the situation as being selfish rather than corrupt.

Again I go back to April & Budgie being tasked with finding a solution - her original idea of reconstruction for one season only was the moment where any sympathy for Hearts in particular was lost. The financial fallout to Scottish football of the pandemic is clearly gonna last more than a season and  by the time Budgie came back in June with a permanent  :whistle 14 team Top Flight the  moment had passed although personally I think the argument that by then it was too late to change was weak & yeah selfish.

Really Thistle's ire should be directed  at Ann Budge - I find it amazing that after losing her £3m "secret" benefactor, no doubt substantial legal fees (even if it is gonna be paid by benefactors but that's still money that won't be available a second time) and potentially an SFA fine  - all for a case Budgie belatedly admitted she'd been advised by Hearts QC was an "uphill battle" that any Hearts fan can  still support her as Chair of the club. 

Edited by btb

Are any of the promoted clubs having a banner saying 'Promoted unfairly' as we could have blown it if we'd played all the games. Hopefully the season kicked off ok yesterday,no large gatherings outside the grounds etc. Are all the clubs involved in streaming the games now, and how does this work in spfl 1 & 2 ? 
Hopefully we'll be allowed crowds by October