League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I see what you're saying, but I've actually just suggested adding exec powers to call it or null and void it at the two extremes of the potential scenario. I think leaving a vote in place for the 'inbetweeny' scenario would be reasonable. But I do see what you're saying.

In reality, I do believe that a vaccine will be developed, that hygiene and distancing habits will have changed forever, and this won't arise again.

The clubs recently voted against giving the league executive powers.

They clubs need to sort something out very quickly. As folk are saying, it's madness not to have clear regulations in place. 

As for your last part, maybe, but it makes sense to have something that covers anything that could stop a season, not just this virus. 

2 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Hiya Peter, Hiya pal.

I've no idea who Peter is. 

Given you're still using patter from a blog of 15 years ago, it's little wonder you seem to be so ill-informed. 

Hearts fans turning on each when the siege mentality wears off at different times will be funny and all but I’m fascinated by what happens with Budge’s popularity.

Her Victor Orban approach for winning over the PHM’s seems to have been bafflingly successful. What happens when she goes back to constantly telling off a bunch of now furious imbeciles. Plenty more good content to come from this, imo.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

Even then, it's hard to see how it can be too prescriptive.
What if we had to shut down in January for a couple of months?  If we resumed in March, how many games should we attempt to shoe horn into the next month or so. Can you imagine the machinations if the OF were close together?

Not wanting to compare to the English league but they have finished their league relatively new quickly. A shutdown of a couple of months can be sorted by 2 games a week and an extended season (imagine both of the OF wanting that)

There is no perfect answer but I do struggle with null and voiding a season with a good chunk of games played.

Imagine utd were told that promotion was cancelled? They have invested so much money this season to get out of the championship and had pretty much achieved their goal only for it to be null and voided. They would have just lost a year of their players being under contract and got nothing for it.

1 hour ago, true_rover said:

My favourite part is them hiring a plane.

I think the reaction would be the home end pissing ourselves laughing.Screenshot_20200731-143405.jpeg

What is it with those guys & planes?  He also seems to be unaware that they would be funding an expensive public health message to the benefit of Raith fans. 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's a rather sad read.

I quite enjoyed it.  Apparently I support a despicable club who should lie in their own excrement.  I honestly don't know whether or not the club plans to follow this advice.  There's nothing on our OS about it yet.

I also like the post that said this: " I will not be at any of the away grounds of those that sought us harm.  ICT, Falkirk Stranraer, Partick thistle all good for me."

It's almost as if the clubs listed aren't necessarily, unlike all the rest of us, morally good; but instead saw a self-interest that mirrored Hearts'.  Nobody on there points this out though.  A remarkable place.