League Reconstruction 20/21 season

28 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Screenshot_20200730-091003_Reddit.jpg

That is uncanny.

Genuine question: has the league confirmed either way if it has revised its charter, or rules, or whatever, to provide crystal clear guidance about cut-off points for how many matches need to be played before a season isn't voided, etc etc. Or is the line very much that, as has been proven via the legal system, nothing was done wrong so we'll just take it to a vote again next time?

I just feel a lot of potential hassle could be avoided if they simply tighten some of the wording up.

15 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Given that we’ve got about 10 weeks till Hearts play a match and we’re going to have a fair number of arrivals and departures anybody confidently making predictions that Hearts will walk this or struggle is getting ahead of themselves.

Hearts will obviously be favourites by a country mile and rightly so. But nothing is set in stone and now the fight to stay up is over the infighting has begun which could have an impact. Those for and against both Budge and this proposed boycott are really now starting to turn on each other big time. The anger towards other clubs is moving to anger within the fanbase towards each other.

Edited by Yorky

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

That is uncanny.

Genuine question: has the league confirmed either way if it has revised its charter, or rules, or whatever, to provide crystal clear guidance about cut-off points for how many matches need to be played before a season isn't voided, etc etc. Or is the line very much that, as has been proven via the legal system, nothing was done wrong so we'll just take it to a vote again next time?

I just feel a lot of potential hassle could be avoided if they simply tighten some of the wording up.

Don't think so. The latest was their attempts to get emergency powers for the coming season which failed.

I suspect in time they will do exactly that, however it will likely require voted on.....

I'm sure everyone will agree that 9 games to go or more is sufficient for a null and void call anyway.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm sure everyone will agree that 9 games to go or more is sufficient for a null and void call anyway.

Well, yeah, that's just common sense.

Joking aside, I would say if three full rounds of fixtures have been played, then the league can be called in the event of a Government lockdown, without going to a vote. Two full rounds of fixtures are adequate to take it to a vote and still be called if the vote is successful. Fewer than that and it would be voided.

There ought to be provision (perhaps ringfenced emergency funding) to play outstanding games under strict testing conditions if a few teams haven't played the same number of matches. 

Edited by Coventry Saint

20 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

There ought to be provision (perhaps ringfenced emergency funding) to play outstanding games under strict testing conditions if a few teams haven't played the same number of matches. 

Not necessary.

In my experience, PPG works beautifully in such scenarios.

Joking aside, I would say if three full rounds of fixtures have been played, then the league can be called in the event of a Government lockdown, without going to a vote. Two full rounds of fixtures are adequate to take it to a vote and still be called if the vote is successful. Fewer than that and it would be voided.

Leaving scope for a vote defeats the purpose of agreeing things in advance.

I think it should be 50% or more of games played then the season can be called on PPG, less than 50% then its null and void. Although in both senarios, esp less than 50%, you would hope that they would give it time to try and get it played later on. Half is usually around christmas so you have 5 months to try and complete the season.

2 hours ago, steelmen said:

I think it should be 50% or more of games played then the season can be called on PPG, less than 50% then its null and void. Although in both senarios, esp less than 50%, you would hope that they would give it time to try and get it played later on. Half is usually around christmas so you have 5 months to try and complete the season.

Even then, it's hard to see how it can be too prescriptive.

What if we had to shut down in January for a couple of months?  If we resumed in March, how many games should we attempt to shoe horn into the next month or so. Can you imagine the machinations if the OF were close together?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Leaving scope for a vote defeats the purpose of agreeing things in advance.

I see what you're saying, but I've actually just suggested adding exec powers to call it or null and void it at the two extremes of the potential scenario. I think leaving a vote in place for the 'inbetweeny' scenario would be reasonable. But I do see what you're saying.

In reality, I do believe that a vaccine will be developed, that hygiene and distancing habits will have changed forever, and this won't arise again.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

That’s my scenario, Hearts have scraped over the threshold for PPG but Arbroath have had a few games postponed due to the wind, season is null and void.

2 hours ago, Yorky said:

Hearts will obviously be favourites by a country mile and rightly so. But nothing is set in stone and now the fight to stay up is over the infighting has begun which could have an impact. Those for and against both Budge and this proposed boycott are really now starting to turn on each other big time. The anger towards other clubs is moving to anger within the fanbase towards each other.

I’d take that with a pinch of salt mate. Some of the infighting on their forum is no more than a couple of Hibbys playing a blinder (especially the boy jimmy cant) 

I still think the boycott chat is irrelevant. Fans will not be in attendance in any significant number in any stadia, especially with what Boris has announced at dinner time.

5 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I’d take that with a pinch of salt mate. Some of the infighting on their forum is no more than a couple of Hibbys playing a blinder (especially the boy jimmy cant) 

I still think the boycott chat is irrelevant. Fans will not be in attendance in any significant number in any stadia, especially with what Boris has announced at dinner time.

What did he announce? missed it mate,  I check P&B before the news ha sad I know...

I’d say 50% isn’t enough to call the season.

I’d go with less than 50% the season is null and void with prize money shared equally.
Between 50% and 75% and prize money could be awarded based on league position but no promotion or relegation.
Over 75% and the season can be deemed over with promotion and relegation.

That could introduce its own issues if we were one or two games away from one of the thresholds when we had to stop though....

You would like to think there would at least be contingencies in place before the season starts so everyone knows what will happen if the season has to be stopped and we won’t be caught out again.

I won’t, however, be betting my mortgage on it.

Just now, Bohemian said:

What did he announce? missed it mate,  I check P&B before the news ha sad I know...

The planned attendance of a limited number of spectators at Lords and the Snooker in Sheffield has been knocked on the head due to the R rate going over 1.0 again.

We have seriously grim times ahead for sport.

24 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

The planned attendance of a limited number of spectators at Lords and the Snooker in Sheffield has been knocked on the head due to the R rate going over 1.0 again.

We have seriously grim times ahead for sport.

Yeah saw Ronnie O'Sullivan bumping hims gums the other day about crowds at the snooker, saying they were being used as guinea pigs in an experiment.. 

9 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/189484-boycott-away-grounds/page/19/

The Diets have gone full Sevco 

Never go full Sevco 

Hmmm, amid that thread, and it's glorious talk of picket lines and scabs, one rather sceptical poster - the voice of relative sanity there, and therefore suspected of being a Hibs fan - used a turn of phrase that sounded vaguely familiar.

Traynor.thumb.png.c1a30e5eabc84e1093314e0e1881356b.png

Where have I heard that wording before?

Traynor2.png.003ffa0a2f7914eb96261fcd257b0a58.png

A Rangers statement written by Jim Traynor and a Hearts forum posting by JimmyCant, both demanding the right to attend away games? The accusations that he's a Hibs interloper might be a little bit misdirected.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

That is uncanny.

Agree with you 100%, crazy if they don't.