League Reconstruction 20/21 season

44 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The Caley will be third at the very worst. We still have decent firepower and the defences in the Championship are utter shite.

I have you lot down for second. Not sure why so many are writing you off as challengers.

5 minutes ago, resk said:

The BBC?! The guys who had English, McCann, Biscuits, Levein and more crawling all over Sportsound talking about how "reconstruction has to happen".... "the big clubs have to be in the top tier", regular interviews with Hearts, Partick, Brora and Kelty, plus Richard Gordon posing questions like "can anyone tell me any disadvantages to a 14 team top league?", to no reply? That BBC, aye?

What summed up the BBC was Tommy Wright's interview. He called them out for the fact they only bothered to send a journalist to a prior match press conference 3 times the whole of last season. 

Wonder who Saints were playing on those 3 occasions? 🙄 

8 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Would that not kibosh the documentary they're currently making with, er, the BBC?

The Wizard of Tynecastle- The Banter Years. A documentary / reboot of the Wizard of Oz.

Wizard of Oz - Budge

Dorothy - Robbie Neilson 

Toto - Tom English

Tin Pot Man - Steven Pressley

The Brainless Scarecrow - Neil McCann

The Lion Barsteward - Craig Levein 

The Wicked Witch of Holyrood - Nicola Sturgeon 

Winged Monkey - Allan "Biscuits" Preston

25 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Now that Hearts of Thistle have been moved to a lesser league for next season, wasn't there still an outstanding case over them taking the football world to court ? Not that I'm asking for points deduction or anything...really.

The SFA case for them taking it to court instead of arbitration is still outstanding, yes, and the hearing is scheduled sometime early next month. Because the case DID get to arbitration, and the law courts did order Hearts and Thistle to recompense the SPFL for the legal costs involved in forcing them to obey the rules, it's kindof a case of no lasting harm done, so I wouldn't expect much in the way of sanctions, beyond a smallish fine. A points deduction is off the table, since the SFA isn't going to apply sanctions to a competition it doesn't run.

15 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The Wizard of Tynecastle- The Banter Years. A documentary / reboot of the Wizard of Oz.

Wizard of Oz - Budge

Dorothy - Robbie Neilson 

Toto - Tom English

Tin Pot Man - Steven Pressley

The Brainless Scarecrow - Neil McCann

The Lion Barsteward - Craig Levein 

The Wicked Witch of Holyrood - Nicola Sturgeon 

Winged Monkey - Allan "Biscuits" Preston

Who can play the Munchkins, I wonder?

Spoiler

20200730_203053.png.9aefdf577d5c226c2290caddf263f0aa.png

13 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Real talk, do you reckon any of your 'challengers' last season can push Hearts? I always feel like Dunfermline should be better than they are, and I guess people might be looking to Dundee to do something. Obviously the latter would be the prime choice from a hilarity point of view. ICT, maybe?

Meh, we are where are because we deserve to be there tbf. We haven't nailed a managerial appointment in absolute years, presently it doesn't seem like Crawford is going to be the man to turn us into a top 12 team again. We look like we have a really decent squad but it wouldn't surprise me if we're scraping around 4th/5th.

Robertson is the best manager by a distance in the championship presently, can't see Dundee mounting any sort of challenge tbh. 

Dunfermline are building a strong-looking team but don't seem to have the right man to lead them, Caley have a great manager but a constantly diminishing team with many good players leaving, and Dundee have an unproven manager with a squad not living up to their potential.

I personally doubt Hearts will struggle to win the league, but hopefully one of those 3 teams finds the right balance... 

... preferably Dundee, of course.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee