League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Doesn’t every team have the same set of fixtures in league play?

No, Hearts have the advantage of the likely challengers all coming to them twice. 

3 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Doesn’t every team have the same set of fixtures in league play?

They have to go twice to Tynecastle and the teams that finished 3rd and 4th last season.

13 home games and 14 away.

Just now, Aim Here said:

The Championship teams are playing each other an odd number of times, so there's an imbalance in home/away games.

Yeah but it is 9 games behind closed doors so no tangible home advantage really followed by playing everyone home and away, no? A very slight imbalance but I can’t think of a scenario here where I’d look at two sets of fixtures and think ‘oh that is tougher on one team’

21 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Real talk, do you reckon any of your 'challengers' last season can push Hearts? I always feel like Dunfermline should be better than they are, and I guess people might be looking to Dundee to do something. Obviously the latter would be the prime choice from a hilarity point of view. ICT, maybe?

I could be well off the mark but Hearts are not going down in the same manner as they did in 2013/14 when I felt they had used the 15 point deduction and transfer embargo to build a team focussed on winning the Championship it's early days and maybe they're still licking their wounds but I've yet to see evidence of a repeat - they've still got to be favourites but some of their fans are "counting chickens" IMO.

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

You rate him far higher than anyone I've spoken to.

And I'm going for InverBears Heart of Caledonian Partick Thistle.

I'd imagine a merger that staunch would be seeking to eradicate both the Caledonian and the Thistle.  Culloden Waverley Union FC would be my guess. 

1 hour ago, Golden Gordon said:

I'd imagine a merger that staunch would be seeking to eradicate both the Caledonian and the Thistle.  Culloden Waverley Union FC would be my guess. 

Maybe just Brexit FC. Doesn't get much stauncher than that.

1 hour ago, ribzanelli said:

Yeah but it is 9 games behind closed doors so no tangible home advantage really followed by playing everyone home and away, no? A very slight imbalance but I can’t think of a scenario here where I’d look at two sets of fixtures and think ‘oh that is tougher on one team’

Why do you think there will be 9 games behind closed doors? The whole point of delaying the restart until October was in the hope that fans could attend from day 1.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Why do you think there will be 9 games behind closed doors? The whole point of delaying the restart until October was in the hope that fans could attend from day 1.

Given the responses I’m starting to doubt myself but I was fairly sure that was the case. I’ve obviously gone off piste here so apologies for that 

There is clearly going to be more pressure put getting fans back for the OF derby than any other game, and it's equally clear the game was scheduled as late as possible in order to facilitate that.

2 hours ago, ribzanelli said:

Given the responses I’m starting to doubt myself but I was fairly sure that was the case. I’ve obviously gone off piste I'm clearly half pissed here so apologies for that