League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I think that despite the loss of Nisbet (and goalie pending) we've got the strongest team we've had in 10 years. Obviously that could be complete shite and we do a Brechin but I feel with Watson coming in at centre half and the additions of O'Hara, McManus and especially Dom Thomas, we should be pushing more this time. 

I was impressed with you when you beat us in the cup last season (and it probably did us a favour in terms of giving us a wake-up call). You looked quick and incisive; I was surprised you didn't go on to do a bit better in the league. Certainly had you down to challenge.

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I think that despite the loss of Nisbet (and goalie pending) we've got the strongest team we've had in 10 years. Obviously that could be complete shite and we do a Brechin but I feel with Watson coming in at centre half and the additions of O'Hara, McManus and especially Dom Thomas, we should be pushing more this time. 

I have to agree I see Dunfermline, Dundee and Hearts as the three that could win the title.

Inverness have to pull more rabbits out of hats, Ayr are a shadow of the team they were. Morton and Queen of the South are basket cases. 

Don't know what to expect from Raith but Arbroath and us will be solid enough.

17 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Real talk, do you reckon any of your 'challengers' last season can push Hearts? I always feel like Dunfermline should be better than they are, and I guess people might be looking to Dundee to do something. Obviously the latter would be the prime choice from a hilarity point of view. ICT, maybe?

I would be careful with forecasts, particularly after viewing some on this thread. The Blue Brazil diddies have had  the Pars diddies on their mantelpiece for a while. If we had not been unfairly denied a Play Off  I am sure that we would soon be in a position to exercise our natural superiority.:whistle

8 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I would be careful with forecasts, particularly after viewing some on this thread. The Blue Brazil diddies have had  the Pars diddies on their mantelpiece for a while. If we had not been unfairly denied a Play Off  I am sure that we would soon be in a position to exercise our natural superiority.:whistle

But as your chairman told the nation & Tom English, it was for the good of the game, you hold no grudges and you would not entertain going to court.

Edited by Tannadeechee

16 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

f**k it, I'll bite. You're only welcome here because your team scored  at the death in the 7-1 game which boosted many Pars fan's bank accounts ;) 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

This is a trap, right?

Not at all. His loan spell at the start of this year was a huge success. He's maybe not Premiership quality consistency wise but he's absolutely brilliant at this level. 

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

They certainly put Seaside League Falkirk to the sword in the Scottish Cup last season.

Think Which One GIF

Here's their League Cup Results:

Hearts 1-1 Dundee United (Hearts won on penalties)

Cowdenbeath 0-2 Hearts

East Fife 1-1 Hearts (East Fife won on penalties)

Hearts 2-1 Stenhousemuir  

Yes, the Championship really has a lot to fear from Hearts.

Edited by DA Baracus

32 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

But as your chairman told the nation & Tom English, it was for the good of the game, you hold no grudges and you would not entertain going to court.

Aye I ken!  I also used to  think  ex Cowden player, Club Captain and manager Craig Levein and  Hearts Chair Anne Budge would be a force for good in Scottish football. Donald Findlay  also summed up the present mess  perfectly when he told Tom English that Hearts  treatment was unfair but not unjust. If Crag and Anne had listened, a whole load of grief and long term rancour  could have been avoided.

40 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Here's their League Results:

Hearts 1-1 Dundee United (Hearts won on penalties)

Cowdenbeath 0-2 Hearts

East Fife 1-1 Hearts (East Fife won on penalties)

Hearts 2-1 Stenhousemuir  

Yes, the Championship really has a lot to fear from Hearts.

League Cup?

Once upon a time I was really looking forward to seeing what Craig Levein could do with the national team as he seemed quite progressive and unlike most Scottish managers at the time.

What a shit take that is. Never been a more petty, vindictive shitstain on the Scottish game since the day he was appointed to the national job.

I started to compare the top flight results of the two recently-relegated Hearts teams to see if it'd provide any indicator of their shape going into next season. Obviously they both ended up with 23 points, but in 13-14 they had that 15-point deduction.

Interestingly, they did pick up five wins in the final eight games that season. Maybe best to keep that quiet. 😬

What was the story there? Had they basically given up and went on a 'pressure's off' winning spree? Obviously they went down into a significantly tougher Championship that year (no offence to the current crop, but I think that's an unarguable point) and won it comfortably.

Just trying to get a feel for whether they really will skoosh it this season or if there's any chance of a challenge.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Real talk, do you reckon any of your 'challengers' last season can push Hearts? I always feel like Dunfermline should be better than they are, and I guess people might be looking to Dundee to do something. Obviously the latter would be the prime choice from a hilarity point of view. ICT, maybe?

I hope so.

They managed to finish 12th in the Premiership with the 3rd highest budget in Scotland so anything is possible.

Dunfermline have made some good signings but unsure about Crawford. 

Dundee have some decent players but have a vacant moron as manager plus a very difficult fixture list.

I don't think ICT will be anywhere near. They keep losing their best players and I'm expecting the scheming, sniveling *** Gardiner to try to rebrand them as something like the InverBears mid season.

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I started to compare the top flight results of the two recently-relegated Hearts teams to see if it'd provide any indicator of their shape going into next season. Obviously they both ended up with 23 points, but in 13-14 they had that 15-point deduction.

Interestingly, they did pick up five wins in the final eight games that season. Maybe best to keep that quiet😬

What was the story there? Had they basically given up and went on a 'pressure's off' winning spree? Obviously they went down into a significantly tougher Championship that year (no offence to the current crop, but I think that's an unarguable point) and won it comfortably.

Just trying to get a feel for whether they really will skoosh it this season or if there's any chance of a challenge.

:whistle

(Even winning all 8 wouldn't have kept them up - no pressure on them as they were gone anyway.)

8 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I hope so.

They managed to finish 12th in the Premiership with the 3rd highest budget in Scotland so anything is possible.

Dunfermline have made some good signings but unsure about Crawford. 

Dundee have some decent players but have a vacant moron as manager plus a very difficult fixture list.

I don't think ICT will be anywhere near. They keep losing their best players and I'm expecting the scheming, sniveling *** Gardiner to try to rebrand them as something like the InverBears mid season.

You rate him far higher than anyone I've spoken to.

And I'm going for InverBears Heart of Caledonian Partick Thistle.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

8 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Interestingly, they did pick up five wins in the final eight games that season. Maybe best to keep that quiet. 😬

It is interesting that without the 15 point deduction they would have made the play off place on goal difference. But yes pressure was off and more importalnly it was off everyone else. 

I like the "we're capable of putting at least 5 past every team in this league" line in one of the posts. 

Typed by someone who, I can only assume, hasn't actually watched hearts play football over the last 24 months. 

Delusional stuff. 
*cough*

Screenshot_20200730-133611_BBC%20Sport.jpeg

It is interesting that without the 15 point deduction they would have made the play off place on goal difference. But yes pressure was off and more importalnly it was off everyone else. 

It definitely wasn't off everyone else. They beat Hibs (twice), County, Thistle and Killie when we were all trying to avoid the play-off place.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Ayr will win it.