League Reconstruction 20/21 season

12 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I totally agree, but genuinely feel that it's a bit sad.

I really saw him  as a voice of reason.  His slight detachment used to lend him that very objectivity that's now vanished.  I didn't always agree with him, but he generally seemed rational.  He's apparently taken leave of his senses though.  If he can't be reunited with them, it'll be a pity.

:lol:

I believe that most Hearts fans will accept the outcome and move on, myself included.
When fans are allowed back to matches they will go home and away regardless of what is said on JKB.

As there always has been, there will be anger towards the SPFL & SFA, nothing new there as most feel regardless of all the recent events that they are poorly run/administered and favour two clubs.
The reality for us Hearts fans is there were very poor decisions made by those in charge at HMFC, with regards to Managers/Coaches and signing of players.
Would we have avoided finishing bottom if the season had concluded naturally, probably not in my opinion, as we were terrible against bottom half sides with a Manager who was out of his depth and no better than the one he replaced.
There have been some positives for us in recent weeks with the signing of RN, JJ and CG. Add in promises of financial assistance and we will move forward in a reasonable position all things considered.

Hopefully the relegation clauses in players contracts are severe to the point a number choose to move on (should anyone want them). 

Now simply looking forward to the day that I can sit next to (or near) my mates, have a beer before and after the game and watch some live football.
As pathetic as it no undoubtedly is, I'd love to receive a fiver for every rendition of the old Sevco ditty "fuk the SFA" that we hear at Hearts games this coming season. I have a hunch I'd be as rich as old Budgie herself come next May !

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Fucking hell, who is Moira Gordon? Is it Ann Budge in disguise?

Anyway, an article that hits all the 'high' spots.  There's pish about how the season should have been played out (including the requisite 'but look at England!' bullshit), tears about Doncaster saying he feels vindicated, breathtaking arrogance, hypocrisy and outright stupidity by claiming a 'selective interpretation of events', barely concealed insinuations that the courts are corrupt, comparing the decision to tax evasion and general mewling that is totally detached from reality.  

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/sport-opinion/moira-gordon-vindication-spfl-should-hang-their-heads-shame-2926806

What a pile of pish. Thomasina English, if you ask me.

Just thinking. 

I know the SPFL leadership are not exactly inspiring and could have been handled better. Particularly publicly but kind of feel like some of the flack directed at them is just to use them as an easy target scapegoat due to their failings in gaining a sponsor etc.

A motion was put forward to potentially end season. The majority evidently wanted that hence the vote result. Including Hearts!

There was an offer as well to review potential reconstruction.  The club's were allowed to shape this. Based on Sportsound there was opportunities to pursue other options that didn't change Premiership but was ignored by clubs. Clubs were then given an option put fwd by the club's on the reconstruction panel. The majority got what they wanted. 

They're found to have not done anything illegal. I know improvements need to be made about how it's run but for them to be vilified during this is actually a bit off the mark. They've given the club's the platform as a majority to make decisions. Isn't that the essence of a members organisation?

Even things like voting structure. That again was something the members voted for and agreed many years ago!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Fucking hell, who is Moira Gordon? Is it Ann Budge in disguise?
Anyway, an article that hits all the 'high' spots.  There's pish about how the season should have been played out (including the requisite 'but look at England!' bullshit), tears about Doncaster saying he feels vindicated, breathtaking arrogance, hypocrisy and outright stupidity by claiming a 'selective interpretation of events', barely concealed insinuations that the courts are corrupt, comparing the decision to tax evasion and general mewling that is totally detached from reality.  
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/sport-opinion/moira-gordon-vindication-spfl-should-hang-their-heads-shame-2926806

It’s the Scotsman.. it’s half a step away from being a fanzine!

21 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Just thinking. 

I know the SPFL leadership are not exactly inspiring and could have been handled better. Particularly publicly but kind of feel like some of the flack directed at them is just to use them as an easy target scapegoat due to their failings in gaining a sponsor etc.

A motion was put forward to potentially end season. The majority evidently wanted that hence the vote result. Including Hearts!

There was an offer as well to review potential reconstruction.  The club's were allowed to shape this. Based on Sportsound there was opportunities to pursue other options that didn't change Premiership but was ignored by clubs. Clubs were then given an option put fwd by the club's on the reconstruction panel. The majority got what they wanted. 

They're found to have not done anything illegal. I know improvements need to be made about how it's run but for them to be vilified during this is actually a bit off the mark. They've given the club's the platform as a majority to make decisions. Isn't that the essence of a members organisation?

Even things like voting structure. That again was something the members voted for and agreed many years ago!

Course it is, Doncaster is just the panto villain to take all their flack, if they didn't want him there they'd have punted him years ago. 

4 hours ago, Green Day said:

Moira Gordon is a dreadful writer, its difficult to take much of what she says seriously.

I am not calling her a Jambo apologist by the way, she would probably write the same thing if it were Hibs.

Her biggest problem is she is really poor at analysis, finds it difficult to see through the story and write anything even vaguely interesting.

Best ignored, to be honest.

Even some sceptical words on JBK.

image.thumb.png.890ec9252360639366b331aa49cba2c0.png

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

200.gif

This is him calm. :lol:

#serenity

"I want lothian and borders police to arrest every fucker singing sectarian songs"

Surely that would cause a seismic decline in their home attendances. 🤔

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Just thinking. 

Exactly, it IS a members organisation. The SPFL IS the clubs. If clubs want change then they can present it to the board whereby it is then put to the rest of the clubs for a vote. Nothing is really done without clubs agreement.

Now the voting structures are a different arguement, but there has been chances to change it and it's been knocked back.

One thing that gets on my proverbial is the media constantly bad mouthing SPFL, football standards, we're a joke etc etc. No wonder we are struggling at times for sponsorship. I sincerely doubt we really that much different to most other leagues. The football standard isn't as bad as is made out, but we truly are at times a media bandwagon led bunch of moaning, negative bar stewards when it comes to our football. 

I agree with the SPFL critics that we could market better. I mean simple things, why not have some billboards in towns featuring local teams hyping up the season starting. Have some non OF* based advertising and hype. The SPFL Twitter is a start, get the YouTube channel more consistent that's just for starters. Stop caring if England, Wales, NI, Germany, France etc watch our game, who cares? I don't really care about their game, let's get locals watching and caring about clubs that represent their town and area. To do that we need a change in SPFL marketing which needs the clubs themselves to make and propose changes as they are the SPFL.

Sorry for going a bit off topic there, but it all does come back to the clubs to want betterment.

Edited by Tannadeechee

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

200.gif

This is him calm. :lol:

#serenity

Yeah when he's really calmed down and thinking a bit more rationally, he'll maybe be more inventive with his suggestions. Like having a guillotine out on the pitch for the HT entertainment and having the opposition Chairman put in it, then for a Hearts fan to come on and play kick keepy uppy with the decapitated head for 10 mins.

Some snipers up on the roof to shoot any opposition player even thinking about shooting at their goal. 

And in the off chance the opposition do score, Hearts fans supplied with Molotov cocktails to throw at the opposition fans when they celebrate scoring a goal against Hearts.

Sweeney Todd barber chair contraptions fitted to some of the away fans seats, where they get tipped backwards down a shoot into a pool full of crocodiles, and it all put up on a big screen for the fans to watch them being eaten.

And for any surviving away fans making it to the end of the game, flame throwers at the gates to burn them all on the way out as they're being chased out by all the Jambo fans carrying machetes.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah when he's really calmed down and thinking a bit more rationally, he'll maybe be more inventive with his suggestions. Like having a guillotine out on the pitch for the HT entertainment and having the opposition Chairman put in it, then for a Hearts fan to come on and play kick keepy uppy with the decapitated head for 10 mins.

Some snipers up on the roof to shoot any opposition player even thinking about shooting at their goal. 

And in the off chance the opposition do score, Hearts fans supplied with Molotov cocktails to throw at the opposition fans when they celebrate scoring a goal against Hearts.

Sweeney Todd barber chair contraptions fitted to some of the away fans seats, where they get tipped backwards down a shoot into a pool full of crocodiles, and it all put up on a big screen for the fans to watch them being eaten.

And for any surviving away fans making it to the end of the game, flame throwers at the gates to burn them all on the way out as they're being chased out by all the Jambo fans carrying machetes.

Still sounds more fun than encountering the stewards at Ibrox.