League Reconstruction 20/21 season

True, but if the events of the past 36 hours are anything to go by, they'll be spinning the lack of away fans as a victory for the boycott and a demonstration of the might of the maroon pound.
Is the Maroon Pound (MP) a closed currency or is it freely traded on the currency markets ? I suspect rather than the penny the denominator of the MP might be the Dooner, 100 Dooners to the MP. Wonder for example if I went to my local Ramsdens exchange would I be able to buy some MPs and at what rate ?

8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

That article is pure arrogance.

Condescending dismissal that fans just revel in their rivals getting relegated, even though we know it's 'unfair' really. The bold Tom is the only one thinking clearly here, apparently.

Article is pure unadulterated pish!

He knows he has lost the fight, misread the room and is now trying to mitigate it. He is also trying to shoe horn governance of SPFL into it (39% votes for a review into the SPFL governance), it's a smoke screen to the COVID-19 hit league finishing early, a separate issue. He is trying to use it to save face. Anyone of any intelligence sees through it.

I agree with you regarding the condescending time about the "glee" in misfortune hitting a rival etc. Sorry Tom that's shite and you know it.

Tom English, a previously well thought of BBC Sport Scotland correspondent, has backed the wrong horse, ignored facts that don't fit his point, spun comments to fit his agenda and thrown away all objectivity. He has lost all credibility. The sad thing is he can't see it.

Edited by Tannadeechee

19 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

I believe that most Hearts fans will accept the outcome and move on, myself included.

When fans are allowed back to matches they will go home and away regardless of what is said on JKB.

As there always has been, there will be anger towards the SPFL & SFA, nothing new there as most feel regardless of all the recent events that they are poorly run/administered and favour two clubs.

The reality for us Hearts fans is there were very poor decisions made by those in charge at HMFC, with regards to Managers/Coaches and signing of players.

Would we have avoided finishing bottom if the season had concluded naturally, probably not in my opinion, as we were terrible against bottom half sides with a Manager who was out of his depth and no better than the one he replaced.

There have been some positives for us in recent weeks with the signing of RN, JJ and CG. Add in promises of financial assistance and we will move forward in a reasonable position all things considered.

Hopefully the relegation clauses in players contracts are severe to the point a number choose to move on (should anyone want them). 

Now simply looking forward to the day that I can sit next to (or near) my mates, have a beer before and after the game and watch some live football.

Oi,  we are getting quite comfortable laughing at hearts fans. And here you are coming out with sensible well composed analysis of your situation.  What the f**k do you expect us to do with that?  

Edited by parsforlife

18 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

I believe that most Hearts fans will accept the outcome and move on, myself included.

When fans are allowed back to matches they will go home and away regardless of what is said on JKB.

As there always has been, there will be anger towards the SPFL & SFA, nothing new there as most feel regardless of all the recent events that they are poorly run/administered and favour two clubs.

The reality for us Hearts fans is there were very poor decisions made by those in charge at HMFC, with regards to Managers/Coaches and signing of players.

Would we have avoided finishing bottom if the season had concluded naturally, probably not in my opinion, as we were terrible against bottom half sides with a Manager who was out of his depth and no better than the one he replaced.

There have been some positives for us in recent weeks with the signing of RN, JJ and CG. Add in promises of financial assistance and we will move forward in a reasonable position all things considered.

Hopefully the relegation clauses in players contracts are severe to the point a number choose to move on (should anyone want them). 

Now simply looking forward to the day that I can sit next to (or near) my mates, have a beer before and after the game and watch some live football.

Fair play. 👍

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

If clarification were needed:

Boycott.thumb.png.3e089ed4cc01ea3ca9974b49b0949743.png

Some notes on this:

The numpty who concocted this poll only allowed people to pick one stadium to visit - it's quite likely that people will go to multiple away days. Meaning that there will inevitably be some among that 44.44% who picked ICT who would also be going to other away games, but that ICT was the top one on their list.

A lot of folks on Kickback would reside outside of Scotland and wouldn't be intending to attend away games at all under normal circumstances - and yet only 24% are going to abstain entirely. The 'None at all' option will be overestimating the strength of the boycott of away games, since it would include people who wouldn't go to away games in a normal year.

Even if you consider ICT an 'allowed' away day, and even if you assume that the people who picked ICT aren't intending to go to any other away day, that still leaves 1/3 of Kickback as scabs. Extrapolating to the entire support, that means that the travelling support would be merely the size of, say, Dundee. The Championship chairmen will hardly be quaking in their boots to see a St Mirren/Dundee-sized away support in the league, as opposed to a Hearts-sized one. That's what they'd be expecting in a normal season.

This is Kickback - the echo chamber of hardcore Hearts fans who actually bother to read, absorb, and believe the sort of pish being fed to them by Leslie Deans, Tom English and/or each other. I would expect that it's users are amongst the most vehement supporters of the Hearts boycott, compared to the bulk of Hearts fans. And I expect that the expressed intentions on Kickback before the season won't be matched by the actual actions during the season. Yet here we have a boycott that is, at best, only supported by 2/3 of the fans, even if you ignore that we're only looking at the bluster of raging fans from the hardest core group of them, without it needing to be matched by actual actions, and with a broken poll that overestimates the support of the boycott.

Conclusion: The Hearts away games boycott is dead already.

They don't even know what they're boycotting. More than Inverness voted in favour of the last reconstruction. 

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Would like to think the SFA make a statement asap, game results are usually  legit after so many minutes played (some leagues) so let's say once you've played everyone home and away, that's it, results stand. Glad the Hearts thing is over now, just waiting for the TV  mini series to come out. How about playing for 0 points as losing/getting beaten IS unfair.

Why would the SFA make a statement? Unless you somehow think they run the leagues?

13 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Article is pure unadulterated pish!

He knows he has lost the fight, misread the room and is now trying to mitigate it. He is also trying to shoe horn governance of SPFL into it (39% votes for a review into the SPFL governance), it's a smoke screen to the COVID-19 hit league finishing early, a separate issue. He is trying to inside it to save face. Anyone of any intelligence sees through it.

I agree with you regarding the condescending time about the "glee" in misfortune hitting a rival etc. Sorry Tom that's shite and you know it.

Tom English, one of a multitude of sub par BBC Sport Scotland correspondents, has backed the wrong horse, ignored facts that don't fit his point, spun comments to fit his agenda and thrown away all objectivity. He has never had any credibility to lose and is an utter steaming toley of a journalist. 

Fixed that last paragraph for you.

7 hours ago, Shotgun said:

It appears that one Jambo has a thought stirring deep, deep inside his brain.

The whole thing has left me utterly bemused. Were we really in the wrong all the way all along? I believe the panel were experienced and impartial so I just can't fathom how they came to this conclusion. Is that my maroon tinted specs? Did we deserve this?

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

That sounds like a neat little earner and would round off the humiliation nicely. Can we have some sort of fight-club arena set up in the Gorgie Road Sainsbury's car park and have Jambos batter each other senseless with dustbin lids and broken bottles in front of live internet streaming, with the winner scoring themselves a couple of tickets to Stark's Park?

The winner gets 2 tickets to Stark’s Park. The loser gets 4. 

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

Tom English, a previously well thought of BBC Sport Scotland correspondent, has backed the wrong horse, ignored facts that don't fit his point, spun comments to fit his agenda and thrown away all objectivity. He has lost all credibility. The sad thing is he can't see it.

I totally agree, but genuinely feel that it's a bit sad.

I really saw him  as a voice of reason.  His slight detachment used to lend him that very objectivity that's now vanished.  I didn't always agree with him, but he generally seemed rational.  He's apparently taken leave of his senses though.  If he can't be reunited with them, it'll be a pity.

Fucking hell, who is Moira Gordon? Is it Ann Budge in disguise?

Anyway, an article that hits all the 'high' spots.  There's pish about how the season should have been played out (including the requisite 'but look at England!' bullshit), tears about Doncaster saying he feels vindicated, breathtaking arrogance, hypocrisy and outright stupidity by claiming a 'selective interpretation of events', barely concealed insinuations that the courts are corrupt, comparing the decision to tax evasion and general mewling that is totally detached from reality.  

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/sport-opinion/moira-gordon-vindication-spfl-should-hang-their-heads-shame-2926806

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, an article that hits all the 'high' spots.  There's pish about how the season should have been played out (including the requisite 'but look at England!' bullshit), tears about Doncaster saying he feels vindicated, breathtaking arrogance, hypocrisy and outright stupidity by claiming a 'selective interpretation of events', barely concealed insinuations that the courts are corrupt, comparing the decision to tax evasion and general mewling that is totally detached from reality.  

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/sport-opinion/moira-gordon-vindication-spfl-should-hang-their-heads-shame-2926806

Yes, another absurd piece of writing.

It seems that certain people don't realise that relegation is a thing.  It was not invented this summer.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, another absurd piece of writing.

It seems that certain people don't realise that relegation is a thing.  It was not invented this summer.

It's just a rabble rousing piece to gain favour with the JKB masses. I'm not actually sure who she is but presume she's got some link to Hearts?

You could pick apart her 'arguments' very easily. Using the Scottish cup as an example of why we could have finished the leagues is peak head in the sand argument. 

The article is 90% white noise with a couple of very poor actual points.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Moira Gordon is a dreadful writer, its difficult to take much of what she says seriously.

I am not calling her a Jambo apologist by the way, she would probably write the same thing if it were Hibs.

Her biggest problem is she is really poor at analysis, finds it difficult to see through the story and write anything even vaguely interesting.

Best ignored, to be honest.