League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

I will admit, I have called this incorrectly. While thinking if it went to court they'd have been given short shrift, I was of the mind that the arbitration panel may have favoured some form of compensation. I'm happy that this has been proven incorrect.

I'm in the same boat.

I didn't really see any case for them winning (in my purely layman knowledge) but thought they'd compromise at some small compensation. I did/do feel a degree of sympathy for how they were eventually relegated but the chain of events has made this very pleasing.

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

Do Hearts not have to find some fundamental wrong in the process and outcomes of arbitration in order to go back to court? After all they agreed to it.  They cant play the 'it's no fair' card again. 

Needs to be proving the panel did something illegal or the ruling was somehow also illegal. 

Going above their remit etc would be example. 

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

I will admit, I have called this incorrectly. While thinking if it went to court they'd have been given short shrift, I was of the mind that the arbitration panel may have favoured some form of compensation. I'm happy that this has been proven incorrect.

What I will say is it must be a sickener to the decent Hearts support on here. Not the trolling muppets but the ones who have had to sit back and watch their club hit "slow motion car crash" mode. I do genuinely feel a bit for them. For the rest? Aye, well they can easily do one.

Who are they then?

Early August. The SFA won't kick them out over this since their only crime is opposing the SPFL motion to sist to Arbitration (they are entitled to bring the case to the Court of Session in the first instance, to ensure they got it on the books before the time limits). My guess is it'll be a small 'slap on the wrist' fine
It was quite a serious breech of SFA rules resulting in large costs, bringing the game into disrepute and uncertainty during a time of crisis. The SFA wouln't want to set a precedent so a £10m fine would seem appropriate.

It was quite a serious breech of SFA rules resulting in large costs, bringing the game into disrepute and uncertainty during a time of crisis. The SFA wouln't want to set a precedent so a £10m fine would seem appropriate.
£8m for Hearts to pay.

£2m for Thistle to pay.

4 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Partick are worse in my eyes. They cowered behind Hearts, letting them be the focus for all the deserved flack while believing in and wanting the exact same thing Hearts did.

Thistle ( IMHO ) are like the guy in the pub , who wouldn’t say boo to a goose , but when his big , bad mate shows up , wants to fight the full pub ...

Just now, NorthBank said:
18 minutes ago, Aim Here said:
Early August. The SFA won't kick them out over this since their only crime is opposing the SPFL motion to sist to Arbitration (they are entitled to bring the case to the Court of Session in the first instance, to ensure they got it on the books before the time limits). My guess is it'll be a small 'slap on the wrist' fine

That would require an 81% vote to change the rules, shouldn't be a problem.

3 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Appropriate, but against the rules, sadly. Maximum fine is £500,000 but I suspect the actual fine will be well short of £100k.

Anyways, the costs were already awarded against Hearts and Thistle for making the SPFL fight them to punt the case to arbitration, so the SFA fine will be entirely, and deservedly, punitive.

Edited by Aim Here

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Appropriate, but against the rules, sadly. Maximum fine is £500,000 but I suspect the actual fine will be well short of £100k.

Anyways, the costs were already awarded against Hearts and Thistle for making the SPFL fight them to punt the case to arbitration, so the SFA fine will be entirely, and deservedly, punitive.

Can't they place a transfer embargo upon them, that's what happened with Rangers' iirc.

Intrigued to see the reaction of Tom English to this. He backed the wrong horse from the start, continued to double down at every turn and completely trashed his credibility in Scotland. The findings today make a mockery of his stance the entire way through.

He surely doesn't have anywhere to go now other than admit he was wrong.