League Reconstruction 20/21 season

31 minutes ago, ropy said:

Yes, could well have, but in fact, given the form at the time, it was more likely that they would have lost the game.

You are correct that they have the most legitimate claim, but it is a small one.

Indeed. Hope James Anderson was using his own cash to spread around Scottish Football before the vote on reconstruction, and not the investors whose money he's paid to look after. And the same for his (or whoever's) promise to Partick Thistle. Great to see all the cash getting thrown around but it does look an awful like FIFA style bribery, and I doubt his investors would take too kindly to be associated with it.

Edited by welshbairn

58 minutes ago, steelmen said:

If St Mirren were bottom, there would have been a bit of moaning and groaning but they would have taken their ‘medicine’ and tried for extra cash behind doors. Their ceo doesn’t have to cover their ass for all the monumental mistakes they have made.

What have we got to do with it? It's no fair.

We were NINTH when the fat lady started singing, just a few minutes after Jon Obika picked up the ball and ran with it into the Hearts net.

52 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Wasn’t having a go at you, just bored on a Sunday afternoon, but you quoted me first....

No worries, what you said was 100% correct.  I also feel that invoking Celtic in any non-Celtic related argument is P&B's answer to Godwin's Law.

We were NINTH when the fat lady started singing, just a few minutes after Jon Obika picked up the ball and ran with it into the Hearts net.

I am keeping with the ‘facts’... maybe

If that goal hadn’t been scored, if hearts had scored, if your granny had baws... we wouldn’t be in this position

6 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I have accepted it. We will be in League 1 and will likely be shat upon again by the SFA. The season should have been null and void, but Celtic needed their 9 in a row.

Wait so Partick Thistle who never won a single game in 2020 should be saved while Dundee United 14 points clear at top should have been penalised. I think you have a warped sense of fairness based on the fact your team was at bottom of the league. Brass neck to save your skins at the expense of a team who accumulated 33 points more than you.

Imagine having wealth far beyond those you were competing with, having gate receipts from 20k fans, having a youth structure only matched by a few clubs in the country, having well funded medial and fitness facilities, having an independent foundation in place to constantly funnel cash into the club.

Imagine despite all that you were bottom for 9 of the last 10 games in the season, your highest position  being 8th a position you held just twice, winning just 4 games all season, none of them against the two teams above you.

Now, imagine claiming it was "unfair" you were relegated. You'd have to have a bit of a brass neck to do that, right?

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Imagine having wealth far beyond those you were competing with, having gate receipts from 20k fans, having a youth structure only matched by a few clubs in the country, having well funded medial and fitness facilities, having an independent foundation in place to constantly funnel cash into the club.

Imagine despite all that you were bottom for 9 of the last 10 games in the season, your highest position  being 8th a position you held just twice, winning just 4 games all season, none of them against the two teams above you.

Now, imagine claiming it was "unfair" you were relegated. You'd have to have a bit of a brass neck to do that, right?

Not just unfair, but unfair from two corrupt organisations who are working a conspiracy against them.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

6 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

Wait so Partick Thistle who never won a single game in 2020 should be saved while Dundee United 14 points clear at top should have been penalised. I think you have a warped sense of fairness based on the fact your team was at bottom of the league. Brass neck to save your skins at the expense of a team who accumulated 33 points more than you.

792d8f9d0acb317239f8adf75fc4cc6d.jpg

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I’m convinced he goes on a rampage every time he sees the word “Ayr”. He replies to just about every mention of us with some tear-stained rant about natural levels.

It’s fucking beautiful.

Aye, us lot every single time. 

0_Billy-Findlay.jpg

4 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Let’s consider for a moment your team being a point behind & the likely team who was in front the other arse cheek. 

The real reality would have been the league would not have been called we’d still be restarting the league on 1 / 8 & to f**k with whoever didn’t have players because of contracts etc

or

The tantrum would have been nuclear, the vhictims would have went straight to cos do not pass arbitration. 

facts.

What was I saying about certain responses not being particularly rational? 

Absolutely outstanding bonkerdom!  Hats off.

2 hours ago, steelmen said:

Thought someone said it was a Partick fan who was representing them for free? Although he probably won’t be up for paying half of the spfl’s fees

Aye their QC is a Partick Thistle fan. 

4 hours ago, Romeo said:
4 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:
Let’s consider for a moment your team being a point behind & the likely team who was in front the other arse cheek. 

The real reality would have been the league would not have been called we’d still be restarting the league on 1 / 8 & to f**k with whoever didn’t have players because of contracts etc

or

The tantrum would have been nuclear, the vhictims would have went straight to cos do not pass arbitration. 

facts.

It's not fair

The utter walloper seems to think I'm a Celtic fan.

A disgusting allegation.

2 hours ago, AllyM said:

It only touched his hand a wee bit, he didn't pick it up. 

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

741680302_TweetiePie.thumb.jpg.becdba130cbfa8ffe4a7b5c679530a20.jpg

FTFY

That's tremendous.

I'm wondering if such skills could be used to put Albert Kidds smiling napper on an upper body shot involving a Hibs top?  Apparently him in his Dundee top is frowned upon as a submission to the cardboard cutout Hibs crowd gig.  Asking for a friend likes.