League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

No Eamonn Bannon, no party.

I mind a game at Tynecastle (must've been late 90s) that was on the telly and they had Bannon and Willie Miller in a portakabin studio right behind the United fans who were making a right old noise banging on the corrugated metal fence and singing "We've got Eamonn Eamonn Bannon on the wing on the wing" over again.

Rob McLean goes at half-time, "These United fans really love you Eamonn, but I don't think they've been singing a song for you Willie."

"Oh, yes they have!" replied Willie  😅 🐑

Bizarre as it may seem, but imagine if Hearts of Thistle win the battle, aren't relegated, what a complete f**k up with the new season on the horizon. Has to be far too late to change anything now, they've probably done the programme covers, found a different supplier for less pies etc, can't wait to hear the outcome.

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Statistical facts,  we’ve only been relegated once in the last  7 years.

How do you work that out? You were formally relegated as per SPFL rules on 10th May 2014 and again on 17th May 2020.

Aren't you the spanner who thought that Hibs played Arbroath in the Championship last time we were down? You're pretty terrible when it comes to checkable matters of fact. You want to get that sorted out.

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Statistical facts,  we’ve only been relegated once in the last  7 years.

No, but it's mathematically possible that you could be the first Scottish club in the modern age not to qualify for a European competition after winning the Scottish Cup! Something to hold on to in these hard times.  

21 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

How do you work that out? You were formally relegated as per SPFL rules on 10th May 2014 and again on 17th May 2020.

Aren't you the spanner who thought that Hibs played Arbroath in the Championship last time we were down? You're pretty terrible when it comes to checkable matters of fact. You want to get that sorted out.

You might want to check your spanner facts as I’ve never mentioned hibs playing anyone in the Championship.  

we have been demoted by vote in an incomplete season. 

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No, but it's mathematically possible that you could be the first Scottish club in the modern age not to qualify for a European competition after winning the Scottish Cup! Something to hold on to in these hard times.  

A Bairn telling a jambo “something to hold onto”

🙃

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Or, as the SPFL rules term it 'relegated'.

Ah,the SPFL.The bastion of integrity and the saviour of Scottish football.

While you are all laughing at Hearts,our game is falling apart.Honestly I don’t give a fcuk what league I’m watching next season as long as there is a next season.The beaks running our game are inept,we all know it.Cant wait to sit in my seat and watch some football,miss it very much.Stay safe.

26 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

You might want to check your spanner facts as I’ve never mentioned hibs playing anyone in the Championship.  

we have been demoted by vote in an incomplete season. 

Yeah, that's a relegation.  The rule book gets to state that, not some tits on Kickback.

9 minutes ago, woolf said:

Ah,the SPFL.The bastion of integrity and the saviour of Scottish football.

While you are all laughing at Hearts,our game is falling apart.Honestly I don’t give a fcuk what league I’m watching next season as long as there is a next season.The beaks running our game are inept,we all know it.Cant wait to sit in my seat and watch some football,miss it very much.Stay safe.

Without getting into it all again, Hearts are the SPFL.

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Bizarre as it may seem, but imagine if Hearts of Thistle win the battle, aren't relegated, what a complete f**k up with the new season on the horizon. Has to be far too late to change anything now, they've probably done the programme covers, found a different supplier for less pies etc, can't wait to hear the outcome.

It really will be a mess if the Panel comes out in Hearts/Thistle's favour, if they did I assume the onus would be on reorganisation, it'd push the top flight back to mid-September and I would imagine the easiest scenario for one season only (if SKY allows it) would be 3 divisions of 14 with 26 games.

Easier really just to blow up Tynecastle & Firhill!  :jerry

Edited by btb