League Reconstruction 20/21 season

It just all adds to our badness towards Hearts:

Dundee 2 Hearts  0  - we sold the league to Celtic in 1986

St Mirren 3  Hearts 2 - we stole the league cup in 2013

St Mirren 1 - Hearts 0  - we relegated Hearts in March 2020

St Mirren 1 - Hearts 0  - we relegated Hearts again in April 2020

St Mirren 1 - Hearts 0  - we relegated Hearts again in May 2020

St Mirren 1 - Hearts 0  - we relegated Hearts again in June 2020

6 false positive CoVID tests - we blew Hearts arbitration argument about recommencing football in July out the window in July 2020

*St Mirren 1 - Hearts 0  - we relegated Hearts again in July 2020

*pending

Edited by AllyM

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think this is genuinely the essence of our current situation.

Ann Budge doesn't really 'get' relegation.

This was brought home to me early on when she spoke of an injustice, in that Dundee United were getting rewarded having invested heavily in their team, whereas Hearts were not.  She spoke as if the actual results of football matches were merely incidental. 

Obviously, had the season run for 38 games and finished with Hearts bottom, she'd not be pursuing legal challenges and the like - she's not stupid.  However, I think she'd almost feel as she does now anyway.  I think that to her, the fact that your income can suddenly be vastly reduced on account of having to play in a different division, is intrinsically unfair.  

It's that belief that is inspiring the fight.  It's the pandemic that's allowing it.

It’s called entitlement 

3 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

If this isn't announced by 4pm we're looking at Monday surely.

I am likely wrong, but the arbitration panel wouldn't need to be announcing anything I'm sure I read somewhere on here.

If true, then it would be up to the clubs to do the announcing and that successful business person daftie would be crowing and gloating about it within seconds if they'd had a positive outcome.  Nae news likely means she has, for about the 32nd time running, failed.  

2 minutes ago, AllyM said:

It just all adds to our badness towards Hearts:

Dundee 2 Hearts  0  - we sold the league to Celtic in 1986

St Mirren 3  Hearts 2 - we stole the league cup in 2013

St Mirren 1 - Hearts 0  - we relegated Hearts in March 2020

St Mirren 1 - Hearts 0  - we relegated Hearts again in April 2020

St Mirren 1 - Hearts 0  - we relegated Hearts again in May 2020

St Mirren 1 - Hearts 0  - we relegated Hearts again in June 2020

6 false positive CoVID tests - we blew Hearts arbitration argument about recommencing football in August out the window in July 2020

*St Mirren 1 - Hearts 0  - we relegated Hearts again in July 2020

*pending

F*ckin Paisley Snakes.

😁

10 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

If this isn't announced by 4pm we're looking at Monday surely.

Will depend on if the Arbitration evidence/hearings have even finished. 

Presume after that the panel will have some deliberation time as well before making and announcing decision?

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

22 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

If true, then it would be up to the clubs to do the announcing and that successful business person daftie would be crowing and gloating about it within seconds if they'd had a positive outcome.  Nae news likely means she has, for about the 32nd time running, failed.  

If we can take it as read that there is no embargo on the decision being made public, after all why should there be - it's not like the SPFL are traded on the stock exchange - then I can't see that sort of info being kept under wraps by any club and certainly not for a whole weekend.

If there has been no announcement then, imo, no decision has been reached.

21 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Will depend on if the Arbitration evidence/hearings have even finished. 

Presume after that the panel will have some deliberation time as well before making and announcing decision?

I believe the deliberation time began when the witnesses and closing legal arguments had been made, which going by my reckoning had been done by late Wednesday, early Thursday. Could be wrong, of course.

Edited by Ric

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Aim Here said:
If you're going to pedant at us, then it's acronyms, not anagrams. Anagrams are where you make a new phrase out of existing letters, like "bang nude" from "Ann Budge".

The thought of Ann Budge and bang nude has put me off tea!!!

Ok, have "bean dung" instead. 

I am likely wrong, but the arbitration panel wouldn't need to be announcing anything I'm sure I read somewhere on here.

Wouldn’t Doncaster be foaming at the mouth to gloat about it though? The silence is a bit weird unless the decision hasn’t been made yet. Wish it would just be announced.

Just listened to today's Radio Scotland Fitba Podcast - two topics were discussed and the outcome - they weren't sure whether Saints would be eligible to play against Livi next weekend and they had no idea about which way the arbitration panel might jump but suggested that Dundee's missing vote might be significant. :death

1 minute ago, King_Of_Kings said:

Wouldn’t Doncaster be foaming at the mouth to gloat about it though? The silence is a bit weird unless the decision hasn’t been made yet. Wish it would just be announced.

I see him as a tad more professional than Budge, and can probably keep his powder drier.

But as you say, just get it done for fucks sake.  As entertaining as it has been it's wearing real thin now and I am eagerly awaiting a glass of Jambo tears to go with my tea later.  

11 minutes ago, Ric said:

If we can take it as read that there is no embargo on the decision being made public, after all why should there be - it's not like the SPFL are traded on the stock exchange - then I can't see that sort of info being kept under wraps by any club and certainly not for a whole weekend.

If there has been no announcement then, imo, no decision has been reached.

I believe the deliberation time began at when the witnesses and closing legal arguments had been made, which going by my reckoning had been done by late Wednesday, early Thursday. Could be wrong, of course.

Could well be.  I prefer to think of her raging in her conservatory getting her browbeaten husband to take and retake her statement as her fury builds, glass of sherry spilling all over the Axminster, dog booted up the arsehole and making a beeline for the garden.

10 minutes ago, btb said:

Just listened to today's Radio Scotland Fitba Podcast - two topics were discussed and the outcome - they weren't sure whether Saints would be eligible to play against Livi next weekend and they had no idea about which way the arbitration panel might jump but suggested that Dundee's missing vote might be significant. :death

Lets me honest the likes of Neil Mccann are guessing as much as we would be about the significance of any evidence. 

I mean it could well be extremely significant but its not like they have a clue!