League Reconstruction 20/21 season

No-one seems to have an answer to why the playoffs couldn't happen. Lucky old Hamilton. Clubs facing playoffs being on the board who came up with the proposal to cancel them of course is own no way a conflict of interest.

This is about not piling on extra harm to some clubs only (while others benefit - I'm looking at Hamilton for one) during a fucking economic crisis.

Giruy from an established Premiership club.

Not really. You're asking for a complete plan for playing football during a pandemic. (A very Neil Doncaster thing to do - paste buck and all that).
I'm just asking you why 3 playoff games can't be played given contact football has started.

You do know there is a lot more than 3 playoff games? If we are using hearts’ ‘it’s not fair’ argument when should the teams in 3rd and 4th not be a allowed to take part?

Are you wastecoatwilly? As he was going on about this shite too and it’s simply unworkable in the time frames given. Teams have very few players under contract to take part.

Nice to see BonniePrinceRedDot is out in force this morning.

Would you care for some reasoned argument?Some intelligent discussion? A bit of banter (what I’m led to believe forums are for)?  Nah, f**k it...I’ve got a red dot and know how to use it. Just aim indiscriminately at anyone who disagrees with my world view and pull the trigger! 

#sad

Just now, JimmyMirren said:

Would you care for some reasoned argument?Some intelligent discussion? A bit of banter (what I’m led to believe forums are for)?  Nah, f**k it...I’ve got a red dot and know how to use it. Just aim indiscriminately at anyone who disagrees with my world view and pull the trigger!

Did you not witness the utter mess they are when they actually engaged? Trust me, their 'drive-by dotting' is as erudite and intelligent as it gets.

8 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I've just asked for all of my accounts on Jambos Kickback to be closed down after reading hundreds of posts revelling in people becoming infected with this deadly virus.

Absolutely deplorable. 👎😡

Bravo, someone give this man a greenie. 👏

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think even Budge herself said nobody should be disproportionately  punished by the current situation. Hearts/Thistle believe relegation is a disproportionate punishment.

I think this is genuinely the essence of our current situation.

Ann Budge doesn't really 'get' relegation.

This was brought home to me early on when she spoke of an injustice, in that Dundee United were getting rewarded having invested heavily in their team, whereas Hearts were not.  She spoke as if the actual results of football matches were merely incidental. 

Obviously, had the season run for 38 games and finished with Hearts bottom, she'd not be pursuing legal challenges and the like - she's not stupid.  However, I think she'd almost feel as she does now anyway.  I think that to her, the fact that your income can suddenly be vastly reduced on account of having to play in a different division, is intrinsically unfair.  

It's that belief that is inspiring the fight.  It's the pandemic that's allowing it.

10 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Why was a temporary (or permanent) 14-10-10-10 not viable?

The situation arose because of the global pandemic & the subsequent financial crash - the temporary reconstruction proposed by Budge was selfish and did not offer enough to the majority of Scottish clubs I remember Saints, Livi, Hamilton all asking for permanent reconstruction while Budge was only arguing for a temporary deal of 1/2 years, a number of L1/2 clubs like Elgin & Stenhousmuir came out and criticised the Budgies (sic) original proposals all prior to the potential vote date - I don't like to find myself agreeing with Bill Leckie but Budge "misread the room" and squandered any sympathy towards Hearts from other clubs. The league was subsequently declared finished & teams began planning for the financially perilous 20/21 making offers etc. before Budge came round to the idea of permanent reconstruction. 

I hope that covers the reasons why temporary (April) & permanent (June) reconstruction failed to happen - IMO & I guess the majority of non-Hearts fan the result is largely down to Budgies greed/stupidity back in April . I'd agree that the SPFLs role in this has been shoddy and if your QC can prove malfeasance over the Dundee vote back in the day you might even win your case at arbitration.

In the meantime you've lost your mystery benefactor and were ordered to pay your own legal costs & 50% of the SPFLs too - as a continuing member of the SPFL you'll presumably also be paying your share of that too :unsure: - gotta love that successful businesswoman Ann Budge.

Meanwhile the worst that can happen for my club is that we get what we originally wanted! :thumsup2

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Good to see that someone recognises this. 

I had to start there to answer 8gamestogos asinine question.

Do you believe Budge/Hearts handled the process well?

Edited by btb

16 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I've just asked for all of my accounts on Jambos Kickback to be closed down after reading hundreds of posts revelling in people becoming infected with this deadly virus.

And it now looks possible the tests were a false positive result. 

And the half decent Hearts wonder why their club is so disliked. 

Subhuman scum.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This was brought home to me early on when she spoke of an injustice, in that Dundee United were getting rewarded having invested heavily in their team, whereas Hearts were not.  She spoke as if the actual results of football matches were merely incidental. 

Obviously, had the season run for 38 games and finished with Hearts bottom, she'd not be pursuing legal challenges and the like - she's not stupid.  However, I think she'd almost feel as she does now anyway.  I think that to her, the fact that your income can suddenly be vastly reduced on account of having to play in a different division, is intrinsically unfair.  

It's that belief that is inspiring the fight.  It's the pandemic that's allowing it.

I think there's some truth to this, yes.

She seems to take a very business-like (insert successfull businesswoman joke here) approach i.e. Hearts have been forced to operate in a completely different trading environment than before Covid, which is entirely unfair.

Don't get me wrong, it is a brutal outcome but the fact their operating model isn't suited to the Championship is entirely their own fault. Like everyone else is, you need to adapt.

26 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

They've certainly got a spring back in their step after hearing the news about the St Mirren (St Lie down ha ha ha :wacko:) backroom staff testing positive.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/189456-st-lie-down/

21 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think she knew full well they've got next to no chance of winning in court or in arbitration, but she was desperate to keep the fans on side after blowing the FoH cash on that half arsed and double the budget new stand, and after making a total bollox of the football side. A few hundred thousand wasted pounds on legal fees was worth every penny by the looks of the mugs on JBK.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They've certainly got a spring back in their step after hearing the news about the St Mirren (St Lie down ha ha ha :wacko:) backroom staff testing positive.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/189456-st-lie-down/

Not unsurprising, but if they actually stood back and thought about it, it actually hampers their case of claiming the league was called too early and that games could have been played.

JKB is hardly a hotbed for Mensa members though.

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Only because the sporting part has been taking away, reintroducing the sporting part on a semi final-final basis would sort the lower leagues with no compensation.