League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo
30 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Hundreds of posts greeting about the unfairness of positions standing before the games have been finished. But Europe? f**k it, just call it early. What’s that got to do with Hearts eh.

The ones that benefit the famous obviously!!!!

Just admit it, it was simply wrong to relegate teams in this situation while arbitrarily allowing teams like Hamilton to escape a playoff that could be getting played right now. Both Hearts and PT had every chance of escaping relegation. We've seen in leagues aorund the world the last couple of months that 4 points is doable to make up.

That aside, we've been over this. Reconstruction significantly benefited all the teams in promotion positions and relegation positions plus a couple of lower league teams. It maintained the pyramid. It harmed no-one unnecessarily. It would have saved all the legal hassle and uncertainty. Christ, if Hearts and PT win this what happens then? What about any compensation even if Hearts/PT get relegated? It was always the best solution.

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Good grief.

So that's a no -  the play-offs couldn't have been played either? For what reason again... must have missed it in your rant there?

The reconstruction proposal voted on was Livingston FC's proposal by the way. It was a perfectly reasonable solution that took the "do no harm" approach for finding a solution to this whole mess. You might change your view on reconstruction soon 😅

No I won't.

Sorry if I didn't answer your question, you've spent weeks and weeks not answering questions. 

Frustrating isn't it?

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:
Derek McInnes, Les Gray, D Utd's new manager, John Collins, head of the SFA, numerous other clubs around the world, most sane people - just a few of the non Hearts/PT fans to think and voice that this was the most unfair way to go about things form the options available.

Serious question...does all this endless repetition make you feel any better about it ?

Why are folk asking me questions then?

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

No I won't.

Sorry if I didn't answer your question, you've spent weeks and weeks not answering questions. 

Frustrating isn't it?

I've literally given my position very clearly.

1. Keep open the option to play to a finish for as long as possible

2. Reconstruct

3. Null and void

4. What they did - call league early and relegate teams despite having a responsibility not to harm member clubs

No, I'm not going to develop an entire plan for you. That's what Doncaster is paid for. Why not just look at what other leagues did. Generally all countries have been following similar strategies and protocols throughout the pandemic.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

6 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

2. Reconstruct

3. Null and void

4. What they did

No, I'm not going to develop an entire plan for you. That's what Doncaster is paid for. Why not just look at what other leagues did. Generally all countries have been following similar strategies and protocols throughout the pandemic.

Professional sport was not allowed in Scotland until ay least 1st Aug. Potentially later at the time. By law. 

UEFA confirmed leagues need finished by 8th Aug. 

Multiple club chairman have gone on record to confirm that null and void wasn't an option because legally broadcasters WOULD have been entitled to ask for their money back. The club's simply could not risk that, particularly with the loss of income that was already set to happen at the time of voting. 

The idea put forward for reconstruction was absolutely fucking awful. Hence why the vast majority voted against it..it was not what was best for the game, it was the opposite. It was simply a keep Hearts up at the expense of the rest of the clubs. 

It's been explained. Many fucking times. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

2. Reconstruct
3. Null and void
4. What they did - call league early and relegate teams despite having a responsibility not to harm member clubs

Still flogging that poor horse? 🤣

1) Was never going to be finished before the mass contract expiry at the 31st of May so that’s out.
2) No viable solution got voted through. You tried and failed because your reconstruction proposal was a patent load of shite so that’s out.

The only realistic options were 3 or 4. Either shaft Dundee Utd/Raith/Cove or shaft Hearts/Thistle/Stranraer. Wasn’t bothered which one personally but the clubs voted for 4 and I can see why. Suck it up.

Why are folk asking me questions then?
It was a genuine enquiry, does repeating the same spiel for weeks help you ? It certainly wouldn't help me hence my question if it's a coping mechanism (say it enough and you genuinely believe it's true type thing) as it's certainly not going to influence any outcome. It would genuinely just build it up more inside me if I held a similar feeling of having been unfairly treated.

Just make it end...............

I almost dont really care which way it goes - obviously thats not true, I am desperate to see the poorly written, grammatically awful and unedited Budge "heads gone " statement once their expulsion is confirmed.

But surely to f**k after all of this 2 or 3 of these kickback wankers will stay off this board for ever?

Edited by Green Day

2 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

After that, reconstruction was the next best option for everyone. Another cluster f**k of self-interest and spite. 

I take it from that, that you are saying that nothing Hearts are doing is in their self interest. They’re either trying to f**k Scottish football by denying three clubs promotion, or else getting all of the other 40 clubs to pay them £8m for the good of the game, and not simply because it would benefit Hearts. Is that what you’re saying?

Edited by kingjoey

Guest 8GamesToGo
52 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I take it from that, that you are saying that nothing Hearts are doing is in their self interest. They’re either trying to f**k Scottish football by denying three clubs promotion, or else getting all of the other 40 clubs to pay them £8m for the good of the game, and not simply because it would benefit Hearts. Is that what you’re saying?

I'm saying Hearts (and PT - remember them? Stripy shirts? Kingsley?) were shoved in to a corner with no option but to defend ourselves - as all of your clubs would have done.

Other clubs were not threatened and penalised in the same way, and yet they still acted out of complete self-interest and it seems spite in the case of Championship clubs despite not facing anywhere near the financial losses of Hearts, Pt and Stranraer.

But sure, legal action and arbitration was by far the better outcome than reconstruction....

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
56 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Just make it end...............

I almost dont really care which way it goes - obviously thats not true, I am desperate to see the poorly written, grammatically awful and unedited Budge "heads gone " statement once their expulsion is confirmed.

But surely to f**k after all of this 2 or 3 of these kickback wankers will stay off this board for ever?

Ironic given a certain video doing the rounds.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 hour ago, Lex said:

Still flogging that poor horse? 🤣

1) Was never going to be finished before the mass contract expiry at the 31st of May so that’s out.
2) No viable solution got voted through. You tried and failed because your reconstruction proposal was a patent load of shite so that’s out.

The only realistic options were 3 or 4. Either shaft Dundee Utd/Raith/Cove or shaft Hearts/Thistle/Stranraer. Wasn’t bothered which one personally but the clubs voted for 4 and I can see why. Suck it up.

Why was a temporary (or permanent) 14-10-10-10 not viable?