League Reconstruction 20/21 season

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

St. Mirren have won the Renfrewshire Cup over 50 times.

King of the Diddies!!!

King of the Riddies more like.

Aberdeen have won the Aberdeenshire Cup an inconceivable 51 (fifty one)* times, not a (dare I say it) puny 50 times!

Not only that 16 of our wins came before we were even formed!  SO HUD AT!

*includes constituent clubs (Orion FC x 5, Aberdeen x 5 and Victoria Utd x 6)

Yours, yer diddy daddy

aDONis

3 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Aberdeen have won the Aberdeenshire Cup an inconceivable 51 (fifty one)* times, not a (dare I say it) puny 50 times!

Yours, yer diddy daddy

aDONis

Bon Accord FC must still hold the record as the diddiest of diddies though (non-affiliated to Aberdeen FC, despite the scurrilous rumours to the contrary).  

19 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Yours, yer diddy daddy

aDONis

#goingfor52

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

New totals: Aberdeen 23, Hearts & Hibs 10 each, clear in fourth St Mirren 6, Dundee United 5, Dundee & Motherwell 4 each, Kilmarnock, East Fife and Clyde 3 each, Dunfermline Athletic 2, Dumbarton, Raith Rovers, Partick Thistle, Falkirk, Livingston, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Ross County and St Johnstone 1 each

Winners since 1945-46                  

Team & Trophy Total League titles Scottish Cup North American Soccer League Eastern Conf Festival of Britain Quaich League Cup/Southern League Cup Dryburgh Cup Summer Cup Anglo Scottish Cup European Trophy

Hibs (10) 3 1     3 2 1    
East Fife (3)         3        
 Dundee (4) 1       3        
Motherwell (4)   2     1   1    
Hearts (10) 2 4     4        
Dumbarton(1)       1          
Aberdeen (23) 4 7 1   7 2     2
Clyde (3*)   2             *1
St Mirren (6)   2     1     3  
Dunfermline Athletic (2)   2              
Dundee United (5) 1 2     2        
Raith Rovers (1)         1        
Partick Thistle (1)         1        
Kilmarnock (3) 1 1     1        
Falkirk (1)   1              
St Johnstone (1)   1              
Inverness CT (1)   1              
Ross County (1)         1        
Livingston (1)         1        

Good effort.

Really does show Hearts to be the 3rd force that they so often proclaim to be.  If by 3rd you mean almost 5th, that is. 

48 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

St. Mirren have won the Renfrewshire Cup over 50 times.

King of the Diddies!!!

You also got knocked out on your own midden at the semi-final stage in 1991 by an amateur team - Bellaire Athletic - and subsequently refused to take part for the next five years in the most humiliating temper tantrum in the history of Scottish football. 

CdS2JR0WwAIEFkw.jpg.d2f3076868181b2eeafc8602136daa59.jpg

Our own 52 RC triumphs and no fewer than ten post-war league titles - the only club to complete 'La Decima' in the entire history of Scottish league football apart from the two bigot outfits - must also be added to the thread records.

Edited by vikingTON

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

You also got knocked out on your own midden at the semi-final stage in 1991 by an amateur team - Bellaire Athletic - and subsequently refused to take part for the next five years in the most humiliating temper tantrum in the history of Scottish football. 

38 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

What about the Discovery Cup? Only the time it was a multiple team format though, not a one-off game.

The Discovery Cup was a braw day out. We went through to Tannadice the year Wolves and Sheff Wed played in it. The highlight was definitely the fans game in the middle of the two games - great entertainment watching a bunch of Dundonians pretty much trying to kick shit out of each other, with the occasional bit of football breaking out!

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

New totals: Aberdeen 23, Hearts & Hibs 10 each, clear in fourth St Mirren 6, Dundee United 5, Dundee & Motherwell 4 each, Kilmarnock, East Fife and Clyde 3 each, Dunfermline Athletic 2, Dumbarton, Raith Rovers, Partick Thistle, Falkirk, Livingston, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Ross County and St Johnstone 1 each

Winners since 1945-46                  

Team & Trophy Total League titles Scottish Cup North American Soccer League Eastern Conf Festival of Britain Quaich League Cup/Southern League Cup Dryburgh Cup Summer Cup Anglo Scottish Cup European Trophy

Hibs (10) 3 1     3 2 1    
East Fife (3)         3        
 Dundee (4) 1       3        
Motherwell (4)   2     1   1    
Hearts (10) 2 4     4        
Dumbarton(1)       1          
Aberdeen (23) 4 7 1   7 2     2
Clyde (3*)   2             *1
St Mirren (6)   2     1     3  
Dunfermline Athletic (2)   2              
Dundee United (5) 1 2     2        
Raith Rovers (1)         1        
Partick Thistle (1)         1        
Kilmarnock (3) 1 1     1        
Falkirk (1)   1              
St Johnstone (1)   1              
Inverness CT (1)   1              
Ross County (1)         1        
Livingston (1)         1        

Scottish football started in 1945? You learn something new every day.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 hour ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Fucking hell, I never thought I'd miss the Kickback cretins, but after ten pages of diddy pish I'd welcome them back with open arms.

You called? 

Sorry, been enjoying representatives of other clubs finally crawling out of their bunkers to admit how unfair this has been on Hearts and PT and how they would all have done the same when it comes to standing up for themselves.

Guest 8GamesToGo
21 hours ago, Ric said:

I'm loving the irony of a Hearts fan complaining about the page count of this thread, when it's been inflated massively by painfully dull Hearts fans desperately trying the thread the needle by repeating the same tired old arguments that had been debunked months ago. It's a shame that P&B no longer shows who has posted most on a thread.

Just wanted to point out "debunking" is not the same as having an opinion different to someone else. You've debunked nothing. You're just blindly taking the SPFL's side, and it's incredible how many supporters are doing that given as long as I've followed Scottish football everyone has absolutely hated the blazers. It's the only thing that has ever united Scottish football fans.

None of us know what went on inside the heads of SPFL board members and club chairman when it comes to their thinking (or non-thinking) around ending the league, the resolution and the reconstruction vote.

Hearts and PT are trying to find out though so we can all argue form a more informed perspective. You're welcome!

Edited by 8GamesToGo

1 hour ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Fucking hell, I never thought I'd miss the Kickback cretins, but after ten pages of diddy pish I'd welcome them back with open arms.

1927 is not since 1945/46. HTH.

And be careful what you wish for - they're back.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Update & sllepnig

I'm just waiting for @Jimmy Shaker to finish his Highland League All-Time Table (1893-2020) on Fitbanorth to put Clachnacuddin* on the level they deserve. Not enough mention of the Stirlingshire and Challenge Cups here too re Falkirk. 

Spoiler

No, their financial embarrassments were nothing like Sevco and they aren't a new club.

15 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Just wanted to point out "debunking" is not the same as having an opinion different to someone else. You've debunked nothing. You're just blindly taking the SPFL's side, and it's incredible how many supporters are doing that given as long as I've followed Scottish football everyone has absolutely hated the blazers. It's the only thing that has ever united Scottish football fans.

None of us know what went on inside the heads of SPFL board members and club chairman when it comes to their thinking (or non-thinking) around ending the league, the resolution and the reconstruction vote.

Hearts and PT are trying to find out though so we can all argue form a more informed perspective. You're welcome!

Another thing that has always united us is our unconditional hatred of the old firm.

And Hearts.

15 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Scottish football started in 1945? You learn something new every day.

If you'd read the thread instead of diving in with both feet - a bit like your team - you would realise why the trophy list starts at 1945/46. 65 years seemed a bit arbitrary (geddit ?), post world war 2 seemed like a reasonable starting point. And if you go back to the start of Scottish football, the leading 3 remain unchanged, albeit Hearts have second place all to themselves. 

16 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Should have went with 3 trophies in 65 years to make your point. It's the same number as Kilmarnock for reference. Less than Hibs, Aberdeen or Dundee Utd. One ahead of St Mirren.

Which is why their sense of entitlement and demands to be treated as special is fucking baffling to everyone else.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Until now.

What was that about painfully dull Hearts fans constantly repeating the same tired old shit ad infinitum?

Got to say there are some genuinely fair Hearts posters on here, and have been for years. I have a certain amount of sympathy for them as I can't imagine how they feel about these losers stinking out the forum in their team's name.