League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They would have had a really positive atmosphere, as regularly winning gives you that, and would have built up good momentum going back up that could have been carried in to their first season back in the Premiership. The brief sojourn in the Championship would be swiftly forgotten.

Instead it seems that the atmosphere at Tynecastle has been irrevocably altered to a bitter 'everyone is against us' one that will often drain momentum and positivity. Wins won't be about their team doing well, they will be about 'getting it up' others and 'showing them'. 

You can bet that every single decision, from a refereeing mistake (even the smallest, most marginal one) to an unfavourable cup draw and/or fixture list to another team signing someone in front of them to anything else they perceive to not go in Hearts' favour will now be jumped on and used as 'evidence'.

Sounds very familiar

Cmon. They are too big for championship 

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

782 page thread, pretty crazy. I knew we were a "big club"' but this is getting embarrassing.

Of course Hearts is a big club in Scottish terms.

Of course this makes their predicament and conduct yet funnier.

Why would anyone have difficulty in admitting that?  It's all part of what's made this so enjoyable.

I'm loving the irony of a Hearts fan complaining about the page count of this thread, when it's been inflated massively by painfully dull Hearts fans desperately trying the thread the needle by repeating the same tired old arguments that had been debunked months ago. It's a shame that P&B no longer shows who has posted most on a thread.

7 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

Did @8GamesToGo get banned or did he just take my advice when I told him to go back under his bridge? I don’t think he’s been on or commented since...

He's busy putting together an army to take on the SFA monster. God bless him.

9 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

Did @8GamesToGo get banned or did he just take my advice when I told him to go back under his bridge? I don’t think he’s been on or commented since...

Oh he'll be here, it's just a lottery as to which one of his dozen pseudonyms he's using....

How far back do you need to look to really class Hearts as a big club compared to the rest of us.

In the last 1/4 of a century by my count Hearts have won 2 major trophies and suffered 2 relegations. Compare that to my own team and you see where I’m going with this.

If you prefer to look over a shorter period, say 10 years, then their record is 1 Scottish Cup and 2 relegations. Hardly the track record of a massive club.

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

How far back do you need to look to really class Hearts as a big club compared to the rest of us.

In the last 1/4 of a century by my count Hearts have won 2 major trophies and suffered 2 relegations. Compare that to my own team and you see where I’m going with this.

If you prefer to look over a shorter period, say 10 years, then their record is 1 Scottish Cup and 2 relegations. Hardly the track record of a massive club.

Hertz are just the same as any club in Scotland outside of the arse cheeks.

Shite and completely insignificant.

The thing that sets them apart is the blissful unawareness of this and its fucking beautiful to watch.

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

They've won 3 Scottish Cups in the last quarter century.  Before the first of those, they'd won nothing in ages though.

It's not important though.  They're a big club because in relative Scottish terms, they get big crowds.  A big underachieving club is always funny.  

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Big bad hearts causes Dundee love in!

😴

Yeah.... and Hibs, Aberdeen, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Dumbarton, Alloa, East Fife, Kilmarnock, Hamilton Accies, Ayr United, Clyde, Livi, Motherwell, QOS, Peterhead, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Morton, Ross County, Raith Rovers, Edinburgh City, Cove Rangers, Celtic, Cowdenbeath, and any others* that have come on here and stuck the boot into Hearts.

*Apologies if I have forgotten anyone.

Edited by MacArab

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They've won 3 Scottish Cups in the last quarter century.

Well worth all the money, the borrowing, the debt, all the business shafting and the many years of sheer and utter turmoil ahead of them. Problem any future Hearts owner will have now is that the fans expect that level of vastly over paid "success" to be the norm. While other clubs, such as our own, earn their silverware on merit.

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

Yeah.... and Hibs, Aberdeen, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Dumbarton, Alloa, East Fife, Kilmarnock, Hamilton Accies, Ayr United, Clyde, Livi, Motherwell, QOS, Peterhead, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Morton, Ross County, Raith Rovers, Edinburgh City, Cove Rangers, Celtic, Cowdenbeath, and any others* that have come on here and stuck the boot into Hearts.

*Apologies if I have forgotten anyone.

This is going beyond Scotland. In time because of this, Hearts will simultaneously be the biggest and most laughed at club in these isles.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

They would have had a really positive atmosphere, as regularly winning gives you that, and would have built up good momentum going back up that could have been carried in to their first season back in the Premiership. The brief sojourn in the Championship would be swiftly forgotten.

Instead it seems that the atmosphere at Tynecastle has been irrevocably altered to a bitter 'everyone is against us' one that will often drain momentum and positivity. Wins won't be about their team doing well, they will be about 'getting it up' others and 'showing them'. 

You can bet that every single decision, from a refereeing mistake (even the smallest, most marginal one) to an unfavourable cup draw and/or fixture list to another team signing someone in front of them to anything else they perceive to not go in Hearts' favour will now be jumped on and used as 'evidence'.

Sounds very familiar

I'm not so sure it'll be a smooth season for them, they're not exactly in a good place on the pitch, there'll be some sorting out needed there for Neilson to start with. He's got the chip on their shoulders as an incentive right enough, but they were pretty lacklustre in their fight to get off the bottom of the Premiership, so just how much fight and mental strength is in their current ex Premiership duds.

They've won 3 Scottish Cups in the last quarter century.  Before the first of those, they'd won nothing in ages though.
It's not important though.  They're a big club because in relative Scottish terms, they get big crowds.  A big underachieving club is always funny.  

Imagine forgetting there 2nd place trophy.

Don’t you remember the 6 page rant about how hearts were the last team to run the OF close for the championship???

Or are you one of those who think Aberdeen should have that bad of honour?