League Reconstruction 20/21 season

That's correct. Points deductions are NOT on the cards as this is an SFA charge, and the leagues are.run by SPFL. 
Copy from the SFA Judicial Panel protocol

1751427640_Screenshot_2020-07-15-08-13-15-13262864212.thumb.png.10076534daf6031e631f916989de9536.png
It would be poetic justice if they got an increased parachute payment only to have a bigger fine from the SFA.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Sure St Mirren smashed them 8-0.

Yeah, that was the 1999-2000 season we won the championship...though it was closely followed by our own embarrassment against them where we played them at Cappielow and drew 0-0 after being forced to wear day-glo yellow Morton tops as the kitman brought the wrong strips!

*shudders!

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

More Pub Quiz shite...

Only Rapid Vienna, Monaco and Derry City have ever been league champions of a country they aren't geographically a part of.

I fucking hate ending a sentence with a preposition but I've been drinking.

Wolves were US champions in 1967.  Beat Aberdeen in a play-off.

9 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:
I thought you might be interested in the attached statement I'm releasing to the media. 
You may post this on Kickback. 
I would hope that even the Kickback members who do not approve of my comments appearing on the forum , will accept that the interests of our club should be defended as widely and comprehensively as possible. Perhaps my comments might assist in that. 
Leslie Deans. 

It is with complete astonishment that I learn the SFA have charged the clubs with having the temerity to defend themselves in the Court of Session. This action is nothing more than a blatant and unsubtle attempt to influence the outcome of the arbitration tribunal.  The SFA  are attempting to pressurise the tribunal members to find against the clubs. Have the clubs accepted there is a breach of article 99?  Even if such a breach has taken place , why are the SFA  attempting to interfere with administration of justice?. Do they think they are above Scotland's supreme civil court?
Why could this not have been left until after the proceedings are terminated?

It would seem that their actions are an attempt to undermine the courts authority and the judicial process.  That is tantamount to contempt of court which is a criminal offence.

Any finding against the clubs will  inevitably be viewed as tainted. One wonders what kind of message that sends about Scottish football and Scotland as a whole?  

Leslie  Deans 

At least he managed to refrain from name-checking hibsarepants this time.  Progress of a sort, I suppose.

15 minutes ago, bluearmyfaction said:

Wolves were US champions in 1967.  Beat Aberdeen in a play-off.

Ah the summer of '67 when UK teams competed in the USA and were given American names.

Those that competed were as follows:

Wolverhampton Wanderers became the LA Wolves, Aberdeen the Washington Whips, Hibs the Toronto City, Sunderland the Vancouver Royal Canadians, Stoke the Cleveland Stokers, Dundee United the Dallas Tornado, and Glentoran the Detroit Cougars.

As stated by bluearmyfaction LA Wolves beat Washington Whips 6-5 in the final.

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

That's correct. Points deductions are NOT on the cards as this is an SFA charge, and the leagues are.run by SPFL. 

Copy from the SFA Judicial Panel protocol

Screenshot_2020-07-15-08-13-15-1326286421~2.png

Happy for temporary reconstruction to go ahead to accommodate SFA fines only.

41 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Ah the summer of '67 when UK teams competed in the USA and were given American names.

Wolverhampton Wanderers became the LA Wolves, Aberdeen the Washington Whips, Hibs the Toronto City, Sunderland the Vancouver Royal Canadians, Stoke the Cleveland Stokers, Dundee United the Dallas Tornado, and Glentoran the Detroit Cougars.

There were more teams than that - Bangu, Cerro, ADO The Hague, Shamrock Rovers, Cagliari

46 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

We may well become the Washington Whips once more, given the new ownership.

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

There were more teams than that - Bangu, Cerro, ADO The Hague, Shamrock Rovers, Cagliari

Aye fair enough min, I merely listed the UK teams that competed.

I am obviously far too young to actually remember it.

This link tells the story and pretty sure there are game highlights available somewhere online if you search

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jul/14/united-soccer-association-championship-game-1967

4 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Aye fair enough min, I merely listed the UK teams that competed.

I am obviously far too young to actually remember it.

This link tells the story and pretty sure there are game highlights available somewhere online if you search

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jul/14/united-soccer-association-championship-game-1967

I remember it - it was quite a big deal (for the supporters of those teams involved, at least) at the time - Francie Munro got a transfer to Wolves out of it.

ETA: As you were, just re-read your post and you did specifically say UK teams. 

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I remember it - it was quite a big deal (for the supporters of those teams involved, at least) at the time - Francie Munro got a transfer to Wolves out of it.

Tell you what, every day is a school day right enough.

Knew Munro left us for Wolves and went on to play for them for years and years but didn't know he scored a hat trick against them in that match

Could he be the last defender of ours to score a hat trick until Consi against Dundee ?

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

More Pub Quiz shite...

Only Rapid Vienna, Monaco and Derry City have ever been league champions of a country they aren't geographically a part of.

I fucking hate ending a sentence with a preposition but I've been drinking.

I was curious about Rapid Vienna and  I don't even think that's true. According to Wikipedia they won the German championships in World War 2, but the country was annexed by Nazi Germany at the time and the Austrian Leagues had been absorbed into the German system, so in both international and footballing terms they were de facto the same country, possibly without FIFA or International recognition.

7 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I was curious about Rapid Vienna and  I don't even think that's true. According to Wikipedia they won the German championships in World War 2, but the country was annexed by Nazi Germany at the time and the Austrian Leagues had been absorbed into the German system, so in both international and footballing terms they were de facto the same country, possibly without FIFA or International recognition.

Talking of the Anschluss, I reckon Budge missed a trick during the reconstruction vote:

Stimmzettel-Anschluss.jpg

15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Are a Welsh team who just happen to play home games in England.

What's Welsh about them? They're based in England and as far as I know all their players are Scousers apart from one Kiwi. They're as Welsh as MK Dons are South Londoners.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Wish I could find more information on the plans and the thought process. Surely that wasn't the extent of it?

It did not go down well with the Clydebank support. The crowds massively fell off (sure they once got 58 folk for a game) and they took to cheering the opposition's goals towards the end.

They were relegated in 99/00, taking numerous hidings along the way, finishing on 10 points. I recall we pumped them 6-0 at East End. Sure St Mirren smashed them 8-0. They actually finished 5th in the second division the season after and then 4th before folding.

He's a rambling flange who clearly has little idea of what he's on about, as has been shown on multiple occasions.

Clydebank didn't fold, their fans has raised the money to buy the club only for Jim Ballantyne to outbid them at the last minute and move them to Airdrie as Airdrie United due to Airdrieonians folding the previous year.