League Reconstruction 20/21 season

5 hours ago, Aim Here said:

He did make a note that there was a potential problem with the rule, because the severity of the punishment could potentially make it illegal. To quote:

He was flagging up a potential issue though. I'm not even sure the SFA will actually fine Hearts and Thistle (the rule explicitly allows for bringing proceedings to the CoS to make sure it's on the books before a time limit runs out, so my guess is that it rests on whether opposing the motion to sist it to the SFA is breaking the rules), and I suspect the fine will be mild, if there is one. Expulsion won't be on the cards.

Aye. Fine them enough to cover the legal costs of the respondents. Means that doing this isn't a "cost free" option (as Thistle imagined).

45 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Hearts fans must be very proud of Leslie Deans. He has really helped their case with his expertise and his frequent media releases and he is definitely not an embarrassing tit.

If I remember rightly it's not even his area of "expertise".  People just see lawyer or solicitor and automatically think they must know what they're talking about.  

10 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Well, they quite possibly wouldn't. But the example I gave was specifically about whether the outgoing association  gave permission. Which Northern Ireland's equivalent of the SFA did in the case of Derry. 

If the SFA don't let them leave, which they wouldn't, then it wouldn't matter the slightest toss whether the League of Ireland, the Kazakhstani Premier or the Grand High Championship of Lapland welcomed them with open arms, they'd have to stay put.

And no need to be so defensive about Derry, but at least you didn't correct my spelling of the city name I suppose 😄

You weren't referring to the city, you were referring to the club/holding company running the club. :whistle

Has to be a points deduction for this twosome.Both have acted horrendously all the way through and put other clubs at risk in a careless fashion.

I thought the only sanctions possible were a fine set at a maximum depending on division or expulsion / ban from the Scottish cup ?

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

With minimal lyrical change we have Ann "Stevie Nicks" Budge singing to Neil Doncaster..…

"Stop Dragging My Hearts Down"

Baby, you'll come knocking on my front door
Same old line you used to use before
That's the game, well what am I supposed to do?
I didn't know what I was getting into

So you've had COVID trouble in town
Now you're sending some shite down

Stop draggin' my...
Stop draggin' my...
Stop draggin' my Hearts down

It's hard to think about what you've wanted
It's hard to think about votes we've lost
This doesn't have to be the big get even
This doesn't have to be anything at all

I know you really want to tell me goodbye
I know it's really all about self-interest

I'm going to court, your rules I will defy
The Hearts fans, salty tears they will cry

Stop draggin' my...

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
10 hours ago, Sparticus said:
Has to be a points deduction for this twosome.Both have acted horrendously all the way through and put other clubs at risk in a careless fashion.

I thought the only sanctions possible were a fine set at a maximum depending on division or expulsion / ban from the Scottish cup ?

That's correct. Points deductions are NOT on the cards as this is an SFA charge, and the leagues are.run by SPFL. 

Copy from the SFA Judicial Panel protocol

Screenshot_2020-07-15-08-13-15-1326286421~2.png

13 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

That's correct. Points deductions are NOT on the cards as this is an SFA charge, and the leagues are.run by SPFL. 

Copy from the SFA Judicial Panel protocol

Screenshot_2020-07-15-08-13-15-1326286421~2.png

£1m and termination of membership it is then.

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

More Pub Quiz shite...

Only Rapid Vienna, Monaco and Derry City have ever been league champions of a country they aren't geographically a part of.

Would Rapid Vienna winning the German title following the Anchsluss not be the same as Dynamo Kyiv winning the Soviet championship?

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

More Pub Quiz shite...

Only Rapid Vienna, Monaco and Derry City have ever been league champions of a country they aren't geographically a part of.

I fucking hate ending a sentence with a preposition but I've been drinking.

TNS

8 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Cheers.. maybe he was thinking about ex Pats and an away support over for a knee up in temple bar..  but even a paltry sum of 500 would of been ambitious ha

Wish I could find more information on the plans and the thought process. Surely that wasn't the extent of it?

It did not go down well with the Clydebank support. The crowds massively fell off (sure they once got 58 folk for a game) and they took to cheering the opposition's goals towards the end.

They were relegated in 99/00, taking numerous hidings along the way, finishing on 10 points. I recall we pumped them 6-0 at East End. Sure St Mirren smashed them 8-0. They actually finished 5th in the second division the season after and then 4th before folding.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Hearts fans must be very proud of Leslie Deans. He has really helped their case with his expertise and his frequent media releases and he is definitely not an embarrassing tit.

He's a rambling flange who clearly has little idea of what he's on about, as has been shown on multiple occasions.