League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They didn't have a ground of their own and were losing circa £6k a week.

For some reason the chairman thought relocating to Dublin would solve that. He claimed they'd get 500 fans each game and that they'd also sell loads of merchandise for some reason. I don't recall the plans being any more detailed than that, and have no idea why they thought it would work, why they thought people of Dublin would turn up and why they thought it was in any way a good idea.

The Irish and Scottish FAs both firmly told Clydebank to bolt.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12306832.clydebank-switch-to-dublin-is-laughed-off-footballs-hierarchy-dismisses-clubs-notion-as-just-a-poor-irish-joke/

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/30-Clubs/5406-breaking-the-bankies

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/clydebank-get-on-the-dublin-bound-train-1.128469?mode=amp

Cheers.. maybe he was thinking about ex Pats and an away support over for a knee up in temple bar..  but even a paltry sum of 500 would of been ambitious ha

42 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Hearts screaming, 'We don't like it, that's not fair' is not going to bring this case to court if the arbitration process is all above board. It's fucking mental that so many people think this is a genuine path that it could go down.

Our very own 8GTG has stated many times that if Hearts don't get the result they want at arbitration, they'll "just take it back to court." After all, Lord Clark told them he'd clear his calendar to handle it.

48 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

There's a story that when Pele signed for the original New York Cosmos in the 70s, their financial backer, Warner Communications president Steve Ross was at some function, boasting that they were going to win the Soccer World Cup. When it was explained to him that this was a competition for countries, not clubs, he told his aides "We should look into buying one of those small country's teams. How much would it cost to buy Scotland?" 

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I honestly can't get their train of thought in regards to this. Unless something stinks with the actual arbitration process itself, then it will not go back to court.

I don't understand why they are punishing themselves by getting all excited that it might if the arbitration doesn't go their way.

Funny though.

I don't even know where they are getting that the judge condemned the SFA/SPFL or that he said their punishments were illegal. From what I've seen he acknowledged the SFA/SPFL rules and acknowledged that all the clubs signed up to them and that's why he sent it to an arbitration. He did say the potential punishments were "severe" but no where did he state (from what I've seen) that the punishments are illegal or unjust.

1 minute ago, King_Of_Kings said:

I don't even know where they are getting that the judge condemned the SFA/SPFL or that he said their punishments were illegal. From what I've seen he acknowledged the SFA/SPFL rules and acknowledged that all the clubs signed up to them and that's why he sent it to an arbitration. He did say the potential punishments were "severe" but no where did he state (from what I've seen) that the punishments are illegal or unjust.

He did make a note that there was a potential problem with the rule, because the severity of the punishment could potentially make it illegal. To quote:

The provision refers to penalties of up to £1,000,000 and/or suspension or termination of the club’s membership of the SFA being imposed if a court action is raised. In my opinion, the existence of that potential penalty (which includes expulsion or as Mr Moynihan put it, being put “out of the game”) is a factor which requires to be considered when analysing the lawfulness or otherwise of Article 99.15.

He was flagging up a potential issue though. I'm not even sure the SFA will actually fine Hearts and Thistle (the rule explicitly allows for bringing proceedings to the CoS to make sure it's on the books before a time limit runs out, so my guess is that it rests on whether opposing the motion to sist it to the SFA is breaking the rules), and I suspect the fine will be mild, if there is one. Expulsion won't be on the cards.

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

He did make a note that there was a potential problem with the rule, because the severity of the punishment could potentially make it illegal. To quote:

He was flagging up a potential issue though. I'm not even sure the SFA will actually fine Hearts and Thistle (the rule explicitly allows for bringing proceedings to the CoS to make sure it's on the books before a time limit runs out, so my guess is that it rests on whether opposing the motion to sist it to the SFA is breaking the rules), and I suspect the fine will be mild, if there is one. Expulsion won't be on the cards.

6JS74Ss.gif.e59db3bdd026ae2d3e55fb3363fa3943.gif

13 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

601244771_Screenshot2020-07-15at00_13_04.thumb.png.dbbb59bec5e99b06ee41ee1dd3973beb.png

Got to be a Hibs fan on the windup? Hearts as the Rosa Parks of Scottish football.

That's incredible. Might be the best bit so far. 

Rosa Hearts

41 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

601244771_Screenshot2020-07-15at00_13_04.thumb.png.dbbb59bec5e99b06ee41ee1dd3973beb.png

Got to be a Hibs fan on the windup? Hearts as the Rosa Parks of Scottish football.

If only the Hearts team hadn't shat it on the last day of the 58/59 season they'd have won the league had they beaten Celtic.

If only the Hearts team hadn't shat it on the last day of the 64/65 season they'd have won the league had they not been beaten 2-0 at home to Kilmarnock.

If only the Hearts team hadn't shat it on the last day of the 85/86 season they'd have won the league had they avoided defeat by Dundee.

Baws, Uncle, Auntie etc.

Edited by Arch Stanton

2 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Everyone is wearing masks.

Seven months has gone so fast

Wake me up when September ends

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Ann Budge has fines to pay

Our glamour game's Arbroath away

Wake me up when September ends

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Here comes covid again, stopping us where we are,