League Reconstruction 20/21 season

IIRC the Liechtenstein team (or teams) play in the lower German divisions too.

The seven Liechensteiner clubs play in the Swiss system but can only qualify for Europa League via the Liechtenstein Cup & don't play in the Swiss Cup. In theory one of them could make the Champions League by winning the Europa League but that's never going to happen.

On the subject of teams playing in another country FC Andorra from Andorra play in the Spanish 3rd tier & are owned by Gerrard Pique. As a quirky side note there's a team called Andorra CF who are not from Andorra the country but Andorra in Aragon.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

There's been some gold this last ten pages but I think my favourite part so far is Pet lashing out at the band Green Day for being part of the establishment. 

3 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Here's a Green Day song for them

1 hour ago, pawpar said:

Considering they won't be playing any competitive football until October then I think this Green Day song would be more appropriate for Hearts.

I love all of these posts obviously.

Unfortunately I cant buy any more greenies, so just have a virtual kiss on both cheeks chaps 😘

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

The seven Liechensteiner clubs play in the Swiss system but can only qualify for Europa League via the Liechtenstein Cup & don't play in the Swiss Cup. In theory one of them could make the Champions League by winning the Europa League but that's never going to happen.

Is it the Swiss? I knew it was a foreign league. The rest of that is cracking pub quiz stuff, isn't it?

Hearts fans' almost sole crumb of comfort now is a line I've seen trotted out on so many occasions today. They think it's their sole saving grace.

'Lord Clark said the SFA bringing disciplinary actions against Hearts is illegal'

Which is both 1) a fucking hilarious bit of reaching to get to compared with what he actually said  and 2) completely disregarding that he later stated the following:

In my view, it is clear that all of the member clubs and the SPFL have agreed that the articles of the SFA, the articles of the SPFL and the rules of the SPFL are binding upon them. As to whether the terms of the SFA’s articles of association were incorporated into the SPFL articles and rules, I apply the approach taken by Lord Hamilton in Babcock Rosyth Defence Ltd v Grootcon (UK) Ltd 1997 SLT 1143, at 1150-1151 and I conclude that there can be no real room for doubt that the parties intended to embrace article 99 of the SFA’s articles (as well as the other articles) into their contract. In any event, I also accept the submission that the issue of incorporation is not itself essential for the reason that all of the parties in this litigation have signed up to and agreed to be bound by the terms of the SFA articles themselves. 

It's quite baffling that there are a lot of Hearts fans who genuinely think that this Lord Clark gentleman would look kindly upon them throwing another wobbly and stomping straight back to court. It was clear from the ruling that this was purely a football ruling to be made by the ruling body and there would be further court consideration only if the arbitration process was in some way compromised or not carried out in a legal manner.

Hearts screaming, 'We don't like it, that's not fair' is not going to bring this case to court if the arbitration process is all above board. It's fucking mental that so many people think this is a genuine path that it could go down.

Is it the Swiss? I knew it was a foreign league. The rest of that is cracking pub quiz stuff, isn't it?
For more pub quiz stuff the 2nd & 3rd et al teams of the seven clubs are able to take part in the cup thus a reserve team can possibly make it further than their first team. The only other national cup that still has reserve teams taking part is the Estonian Cup.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Keep me right on this, I recall a Scottish team (Clydebank?) wanting to play in the League of Ireland a decade or two ago.

I can't remember how far the idea got.

They wanted to move to Dublin and play in Scotland. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

They wanted to move to Dublin and play in Scotland. 

I'd like to know the reasoning behind that move😂 The Irish barely support their local teams.  I could see the idea when Wimbledon tried because they were in the top flight in England and that's popular in Ireland...

What's all this talk of points deductions and being chucked out of the league?

Folk are aware that the SFA don't run the leagues, yes? They have no authority to impose points deductions, as funny as that would be. Likewise they have no authority to chuck a team between leagues.

However, the SPFL membership criteria states that clubs must be a member of the SFA, so technically the SFA could revoke the membership of Hearts and/or Partick. They won't do that though.

2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I'd like to know the reasoning behind that move😂 The Irish barely support their local teams.  I could see the idea when Wimbledon tried because they were in the top flight in England and that's popular in Ireland...

No doubt like all tinpot ideas the old firm were involved. 

7 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Here comes covid again, stopping us where we are,

It's points per game again, Ann Budge says it's not fair

This would be a beautiful accompaniment, as the camera pans out from a sodden Tynecastle, to end the BBC Hearts documentary.

Doon in Maroon: An Incredulous Year. 

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Hearts fans' almost sole crumb of comfort now is a line I've seen trotted out on so many occasions today. They think it's their sole saving grace.

'Lord Clark said the SFA bringing disciplinary actions against Hearts is illegal'

Which is both 1) a fucking hilarious bit of reaching to get to compared with what he actually said  and 2) completely disregarding that he later stated the following:

In my view, it is clear that all of the member clubs and the SPFL have agreed that the articles of the SFA, the articles of the SPFL and the rules of the SPFL are binding upon them. As to whether the terms of the SFA’s articles of association were incorporated into the SPFL articles and rules, I apply the approach taken by Lord Hamilton in Babcock Rosyth Defence Ltd v Grootcon (UK) Ltd 1997 SLT 1143, at 1150-1151 and I conclude that there can be no real room for doubt that the parties intended to embrace article 99 of the SFA’s articles (as well as the other articles) into their contract. In any event, I also accept the submission that the issue of incorporation is not itself essential for the reason that all of the parties in this litigation have signed up to and agreed to be bound by the terms of the SFA articles themselves. 

It's quite baffling that there are a lot of Hearts fans who genuinely think that this Lord Clark gentleman would look kindly upon them throwing another wobbly and stomping straight back to court. It was clear from the ruling that this was purely a football ruling to be made by the ruling body and there would be further court consideration only if the arbitration process was in some way compromised or not carried out in a legal manner.

Hearts screaming, 'We don't like it, that's not fair' is not going to bring this case to court if the arbitration process is all above board. It's fucking mental that so many people think this is a genuine path that it could go down.

I've seen a few of them say this. They think that if they take this back to the Court of Session that Lord Clark will go mental at the idea of the SFA punishing Hearts as he stated (in their imagination) that he "wouldn't stand for it". They are running out of straws to clutch!!

I thought you might be interested in the attached statement I'm releasing to the media. 
You may post this on Kickback. 
I would hope that even the Kickback members who do not approve of my comments appearing on the forum , will accept that the interests of our club should be defended as widely and comprehensively as possible. Perhaps my comments might assist in that. 
Leslie Deans. 

It is with complete astonishment that I learn the SFA have charged the clubs with having the temerity to defend themselves in the Court of Session. This action is nothing more than a blatant and unsubtle attempt to influence the outcome of the arbitration tribunal.  The SFA  are attempting to pressurise the tribunal members to find against the clubs. Have the clubs accepted there is a breach of article 99?  Even if such a breach has taken place , why are the SFA  attempting to interfere with administration of justice?. Do they think they are above Scotland's supreme civil court?
Why could this not have been left until after the proceedings are terminated?

It would seem that their actions are an attempt to undermine the courts authority and the judicial process.  That is tantamount to contempt of court which is a criminal offence.

Any finding against the clubs will  inevitably be viewed as tainted. One wonders what kind of message that sends about Scottish football and Scotland as a whole?  

Leslie  Deans 

image.png.dd895dc6bbb9c01966704669527ac1f0.png

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:
I thought you might be interested in the attached statement I'm releasing to the media. 
You may post this on Kickback. 
I would hope that even the Kickback members who do not approve of my comments appearing on the forum , will accept that the interests of our club should be defended as widely and comprehensively as possible. Perhaps my comments might assist in that. 
Leslie Deans. 

It is with complete astonishment that I learn the SFA have charged the clubs with having the temerity to defend themselves in the Court of Session. This action is nothing more than a blatant and unsubtle attempt to influence the outcome of the arbitration tribunal.  The SFA  are attempting to pressurise the tribunal members to find against the clubs. Have the clubs accepted there is a breach of article 99?  Even if such a breach has taken place , why are the SFA  attempting to interfere with administration of justice?. Do they think they are above Scotland's supreme civil court?
Why could this not have been left until after the proceedings are terminated?

It would seem that their actions are an attempt to undermine the courts authority and the judicial process.  That is tantamount to contempt of court which is a criminal offence.

Any finding against the clubs will  inevitably be viewed as tainted. One wonders what kind of message that sends about Scottish football and Scotland as a whole?  

Leslie  Deans 

image.png.dd895dc6bbb9c01966704669527ac1f0.png

Class again Leslie. 👏👏

Get that fired off to The People's Friend. 👌

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Ann Budge has fines to pay

Our glamour game's Arbroath away

Wake me up when September ends

I felt a version of Basket Case might work, too, and then realised the lyrics were already perfect:

Do you have the time to listen to me whine
About nothing and everything all at once?
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

1 minute ago, King_Of_Kings said:

I've seen a few of them say this. They think that if they take this back to the Court of Session that Lord Clark will go mental at the idea of the SFA punishing Hearts as he stated (in their imagination) that he "wouldn't stand for it". They are running out of straws to clutch!!

I honestly can't get their train of thought in regards to this. Unless something stinks with the actual arbitration process itself, then it will not go back to court.

I don't understand why they are punishing themselves by getting all excited that it might if the arbitration doesn't go their way.

Funny though.

11 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

No doubt like all tinpot ideas the old firm were involved. 

They didn't have a ground of their own and were losing circa £6k a week.

For some reason the chairman thought relocating to Dublin would solve that. He claimed they'd get 500 fans each game and that they'd also sell loads of merchandise for some reason. I don't recall the plans being any more detailed than that, and have no idea why they thought it would work, why they thought people of Dublin would turn up and why they thought it was in any way a good idea.

The Irish and Scottish FAs both firmly told Clydebank to bolt.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12306832.clydebank-switch-to-dublin-is-laughed-off-footballs-hierarchy-dismisses-clubs-notion-as-just-a-poor-irish-joke/

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/30-Clubs/5406-breaking-the-bankies

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/clydebank-get-on-the-dublin-bound-train-1.128469?mode=amp