League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, Sparticus said:

Has to be a points deduction for this twosome.Both have acted horrendously all the way through and put other clubs at risk in a careless fashion.

Nope. This is a punishment by the SFA so it won't give in-competition penalties to teams for competitions not run by the SFA. Plus, the SFA has had it's knuckles rapped for imposing penalties that weren't explicitly written down in it's rulebook before so they won't try, say, expelling Hearts from the Scottish Cup.

2 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Here's a Green Day song for them

Considering they won't be playing any competitive football until October then I think this Green Day song would be more appropriate for Hearts.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Nope. This is a punishment by the SFA so it won't give in-competition penalties to teams for competitions not run by the SFA. Plus, the SFA has had it's knuckles rapped for imposing penalties that weren't explicitly written down in it's rulebook before so they won't try, say, expelling Hearts from the Scottish Cup.

Oh well.Just have to chuck them out the league then. Pass the hankies lol.

3 minutes ago, pawpar said:

Considering they won't be playing any competitive football until October then I think this Green Day song would be more appropriate for Hearts.

Everyone is wearing masks.

Seven months has gone so fast

Wake me up when September ends

43 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Everyone is wearing masks.

Seven months has gone so fast

Ann Budge has fines to pay

Our glamour game's Arbroath away

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

I suspect it depends why, since there are a lot of instances of teams playing in foreign leagues. Most cases would be teams in border areas, or teams in exclaves, where it's simply more practical in terms of travel and logistics to be in one or other league. Then you have some political issues (Derry FC) making it easier for teams to be in one league or another. And then you have Swansea and Cardiff, who aren't near the border, but play in England, otherwise they'd just beat the other Welsh teams senseless year on year).

I suspect Wales could be a template for an OF move down south.

It depends on a few things, whether cultural, like Derry, or geographic like Berwick. In some cases like Swansea and Cardiff they came about because there was not a Welsh League for them to compete in when they were founded so joined the English league.

San Marino Calcio playing in the Italian league and Monaco playing in the French are two others, although I think that has more to do with them being professional teams rather than amateur ones so there wasn't a league for them to play in as such. IIRC the Liechtenstein team (or teams) play in the lower German divisions too.

All that being said, there is not a hope in hell UEFA would sanction either Hearts of Thistle playing under different associations as it would set a precedent that could see any number of teams swap. I can't be entirely sure of this, but I think the chat about the OF switching to the English FA - which equally would be given short shrift by UEFA if an official approach was ever made - there was some hint that even if they did that then the association couldn't put them forward for European qualification (if they ever qualified of course). Not sure why that would be, but I'm sure that was the trade off some spoke of at the time.

As always this could all be utter mince, I've not checked on Google, it's all done from memory.

Edited by Ric

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I just couldn't stop myself from replying to that. I tried, honestly but he'll probably block me now.

Ewan Murray at The Grauniad.........Banderson at the EEN...........Tom English at Pacific Quay.

A triumverate of testicles willing to swallow the JamboJizz.

🤮