League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo
27 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Exactly the same as you have now.

This has been explained to you countless times.

Football disputes go to arbitration, the club(s) complaining tell SPFL they want to take it to arbitration, the SFA are informed and they organise arbitration as per the Arbitration Act (Scotland) 2010. 

It is in the rules, go read them.

That is EXACTLY the same as now. Only difference is it would already have happened by now, all parties would be better off as they wouldn't have had the cost of CoS, and HMFC and PTFC wouldn't have an SFA charge for breaching SFA rules.

Just like if they'd taken the fair not the unfair option from the start.

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

I've read Lord Clark's opinion again and, although he makes reference to the severity of the penalties, I'm not 100% clear on that. The reference to the severity of the penalties is in parenthesis. 

"On the advice of responsible counsel, Hearts and Partick Thistle brought these proceeding in court alleging unfair prejudice on that and several other grounds. In my opinion, questions may arise as to whether in that context a bar on raising legal proceedings without the permission of the Board of the SFA, subjecting a club to potentially extreme sanctions..., can be viewed as contrary to public policy and hence unlawful."

In any case, being contractually obliged to go to arbitration and being punished for not doing so initially are two different things.

They are indeed two different things. But in this instance they are inextricably linked.

Guest 8GamesToGo
13 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The only fair solution in your clubs eyes was to give you exactly what you want, when that didn't happen the dummy got spat.

Not to be shafted during a pandemic when there are other options? Yeah you're right.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, aDONisSheep said:

What's worse is I believe it was also the 11th of May 🤮

Did it go down to the last 7 minutes?

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You think not?

Nope, it should have been left after the clubs voted against any changes, the timing was never right and in the middle of the whole Covid situation the decision to take it further was a poor one in my view. Hearts are not going to change the system or bring down the SFA, they simply don’t have the support of anyone else. I don’t believe there is a cat in hells chance they will be playing in the Premiership next season and any comp will be a fraction of what they want. I just don’t see what they are going to gain from this other than driving a wedge between the club and others.

Guest 8GamesToGo
38 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

The 1990–91 season was the 94th season of competitive football in Scotland. It was notable for the fact that there was a last day title decider at Ibrox between Rangers and Aberdeen.

Did it go down to the last 7 minutes? Think we have a different definition of the wire. Aberdeen lost by 2 points. Hearts lost by a couple of goals.

Point still stands - we are the last team to push the OF that close. 

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Just like if they'd taken the fair not the unfair option from the start.

Which was what? It certainly wasn't Hearts/Ann Budge's reconstruction attempts. Many clubs have commented on the fact the proposals were crap. We've been through this again and again and again.

Nope, it should have been left after the clubs voted against any changes, the timing was never right and in the middle of the whole Covid situation the decision to take it further was a poor one in my view. Hearts are not going to change the system or bring down the SFA, they simply don’t have the support of anyone else. I don’t believe there is a cat in hells chance they will be playing in the Premiership next season and any comp will be a fraction of what they want. I just don’t see what they are going to gain from this other than driving a wedge between the club and others.
Blaming others for their own failures? Hearts? As if that would happen.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Tannadeechee said:

Which was what? It certainly wasn't Hearts/Ann Budge's reconstruction attempts. Many clubs have commented on the fact the proposals were crap. We've been through this again and again and again.

14-10-10-10. The one clubs didn't even want to talk about then were supposed to support enough for there to be a vote on it.

Aberdeen and Hearts both would have won the league with a point in their last game. And yes, technically it did go to the last 7 minutes for Aberdeen. If they'd scored twice they'd have won the league.

Did it go down to the last 7 minutes? Think we have a different definition of the wire. Aberdeen lost by 2 points. Hearts lost by a couple of goals.

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Of course it went down the the last 7 minutes, they were playing each other.  What a ridiculous point to try and make.  

10 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

No, no I'm not. No other team has got as close since.

Yes, if you go by the finished league tables then yes 85/86 was the closest league with Dundee United 3 points back.

But you cannot argue that that was the last time a non OF team ran the OF close when Rangers and Aberdeen played each other last day, winner takes all. 

Screenshot_2020-07-14-18-44-30-0867581759.png

Screenshot_2020-07-14-18-45-00-0768082433.png

1 hour ago, 8GamesToGo said:

If only there had been a sensible, workable alternative that punished no teams unfairly and rewarded some other teams not currently in this fight.

Like charging Hearts and Partick for breaching rules they signed up to abide by and punishing both to the fullest available extent...by getting them both in the f*cking sea?

Not even Lord Clark could prevent that one. At the end of the day your club signed up for it as a member of the SFA, a members only club. You can’t refuse to follow the rules and expect to still be a member of the club.

I bet in 50yrs time you’ll be remembered in the same way Third Lanark are now. Enjoy the wilderness...

36 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

oh aye, near forgot, your team were turning into Barca with 8 games to go weren't they.....

I read that as Brora, which may have been more likely!

Poor Aberdeen, all they had to do that year was hold on until the 85th minute before conceding two late goals, and they could've laid claim to the prestigious title of most recent non old firm club to almost win the league. 

I hope the fact that, unlike Hearts,  they'll be playing in the top flight next season brings them some solace. 

So if I've got this straight..

Hearst say SPFL "might" have broken rules = Burn the whole corrupt cabal to the ground

Hearts 100% break rules which they signed up to = Move along nothing to see here..?

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Tannadeechee said:

Yes, if you go by the finished league tables then yes 85/86 was the closest league with Dundee United 3 points back.

But you cannot argue that that was the last time a non OF team ran the OF close when Rangers and Aberdeen played each other last day, winner takes all. 

Screenshot_2020-07-14-18-44-30-0867581759.png

Screenshot_2020-07-14-18-45-00-0768082433.png

How long did Aberdeen lead the league tat season?

A couple of goals difference is less than 2 points. As you have shown, Hearts were the last team to take it to the wire and push the OF that close.