League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, JamesM82 said:

To explain: FAW curtailed the Welsh league due to covid. TNS (champions in most recent seasons) complained about this because Connah's Quay (old friends of Killie and various Challenge Cup teams) were awarded the title on PPG. TNS sued the FAW, but the (English) High Court has told them to get stuffed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53182025

As horrible an outfit as the Nomads are on the park, they appear to have been a class act off it. Therefore it's lovely to see them bending it right up TNS, who are a horrible outfit on and off the pitch.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

As horrible an outfit as the Nomads are on the park, they appear to have been a class act off it. Therefore it's lovely to see them bending it right up TNS, who are a horrible outfit on and off the pitch.

The real reason for the gripe from TNS is probably that they have gotten used to receiving a few hundred grand  from UEFA for making up the numbers in CL and EL qualifying each summer.

13 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

The real reason for the gripe from TNS is probably that they have gotten used to receiving a few hundred grand  from UEFA for making up the numbers in CL and EL qualifying each summer.

TNS will still play in the Europa League along with Bala Town and Barry Town, Connahs Quay bagging the Champions League spot.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

TNS will still play in the Europa League along with Bala Town and Barry Town, Connahs Quay bagging the Champions League spot.

True, but the big advantage of starting in the CL for TNS is that when (not if) they lose in CL qualifying, they parachute into the EL. TNS have sometimes got to QR3 by winning the CL first round, losing the second round and then parachuting into EL third round. Whereas the Welsh teams in the EL don't normally get any further than QR1, unless their seeded opponent (hello Killie) make a hash of it.

1 minute ago, JamesM82 said:

True, but the big advantage of starting in the CL for TNS is that when (not if) they lose in CL qualifying, they parachute into the EL. TNS have sometimes got to QR3 by winning the CL first round, losing the second round and then parachuting into EL third round. Whereas the Welsh teams in the EL don't normally get any further than QR1, unless their seeded opponent (hello Killie) make a hash of it.

Aye, that always seems unfair to me, even more so in the later rounds. I love it when wee clubs like Cefn Druids get to play in Europe though by scraping it into the Welsh Cup final and getting pumped by the likes of TNS who have already qualified.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think we can at least rule out Thursday as a start date.

Who is that? Seen that account pop up in arguments recently. Seems to average 145 tweets a day, thought I posted here too often but that's impressive.

Edited by Tannadeechee

13 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Who is that? Seen that account pop up in arguments recently. Seems to average 145 tweets a day, thought I posted here too often but that's impressive.

f**k knows. JKB quote him and he seems about as reliable as Leslie Deans. Some h^n pretending to be ITK.

17 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Pretty sure he likes to retweet Scottish Protestants Against Discrimination so that should give an insight to his character. 

The nutters planning to walk from Aberdeen, Kirkcaldy and Dundee next Friday night and Saturday have raised £48,226 and counting. I won't be joining them at Tannadice from Inverness, but if I lived locally I'd be ready with a stretcher, or as I don't, a few quid. Apart from Kirkcaldy that is...

Balmoral to Tannadice Walk

Stark's Park to Tannadice Walk

Tynecastle to Tannadice walk

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
23 hours ago, The DA said:
But if you have a few million in the bank and money coming in from your supporters' trust, you can still complain about losing money from other income sources.

Threatening to terminate players contracts into making them take a wage cut however......

That's called Budgenomics.