League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 hours ago, AJF said:

It’s going to be absolutely glorious if Dundee Utd and Hearts draw each other in the Scottish Cup (if it goes ahead).

Let's face it, if Hearts draw anyone except Partick (or Stranraer) it'll be funny as hell!

Or Falkirk
There are so many brilliant options. Personally I hope Celtic get the pleasure of scudding Hearts and Partick out of any cup that gets played.

I understand that other teams will want in on the action though.

28 minutes ago, The DA said:

Have Hearts said they're skint?  

Nah, but claiming you're losing £8m on the one hand while still bidding cash for players on the other is bound to rankle slightly.

Obviously rich people can claim for compensation too, but it doesn't really sit right with most folk.

30 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Nah, but claiming you're losing £8m on the one hand while still bidding cash for players on the other is bound to rankle slightly.

Obviously rich people can claim for compensation too, but it doesn't really sit right with most folk.

But if you have a few million in the bank and money coming in from your supporters' trust, you can still complain about losing money from other income sources.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

There are so many brilliant options. Personally I hope Celtic get the pleasure of scudding Hearts and Partick out of any cup that gets played.

I understand that other teams will want in on the action though.

I’ve personally got a little sympathy for Partick in this situation. Their relegation was slightly different to Hearts in that they had a game in hand, and their club statements have generally seemed quite reasonable.

It’s just unfortunate they are being overshadowed by Hearts and the toys out the pram approach they’ve adopted. 

12 minutes ago, The DA said:

But if you have a few million in the bank and money coming in from your supporters' trust, you can still complain about losing money from other income sources.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say - they're completely within their rights.

However - and I realise winning the PR war makes no difference when it comes to arbitration - but Hearts have lost sympathy over and over again this spring/summer. 

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ve personally got a little sympathy for Partick in this situation. Their relegation was slightly different to Hearts in that they had a game in hand, and their club statements have generally seemed quite reasonable.

It’s just unfortunate they are being overshadowed by Hearts and the toys out the pram approach they’ve adopted. 

I suspect Thistle think they're in a no-lose situation - a chance for some compo at no cost to themselves.  I hope the SPFL manage to find some way to make it clear to them that this just isn't on. 

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Did Mark Smith ever admit that the first goal was a fluke? Reminded me of Ronaldinho v England, though I think that was at least partly intentional, maybe the same for Smith.

Think it was a lucky sclaff. 

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Have Hearts said they're skint?  

Well there has been wage cuts of 10-30%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52470316

£150000 for Neilson then the signing of Craig Gordon and alleged bids in for Nisbet.

Depending on how it has been done,could be 1 or 2 "annoyed" players.

Edited by Tannadeechee

43 minutes ago, AJF said:

The game in hand thing is a bit of ared herring - they had won 6 of 27 played. They had not won for 9 matches. A sudden turnaround in form was not imminent. QOS, also poor, bettered them marginally on PPG, i.e. on games played, QOS had picked up more points on average. Like the whining Jambos, they were bottom on 'merit'.

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

The game in hand thing is a bit of ared herring - they had won 6 of 27 played. They had not won for 9 matches. A sudden turnaround in form was not imminent. QOS, also poor, bettered them marginally on PPG, i.e. on games played, QOS had picked up more points on average. Like the whining Jambos, they were bottom on 'merit'.

I get that, that’s why I said a ‘little’ sympathy 😂

12 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Well there has been wage cuts of 10-30%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52470316

£150000 for Neilson then the signing of Craig Gordon and alleged bids in for Nisbet.

Depending on how it has been done,could be 1 or 2 "annoyed" players.

It was £200k (allegedly)

The Gorgie money tree has had a good growing season apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

44k raised for the legal fees all in, the P&B cult are gonna have to get their hand in the pocket.

takes the FOH less that two weeks to raise that by fans making the effort to blink & breath😏😏😏😏😏😏

Don't you think it's shameful that rich people running a commercial business are exploiting the loyalty of their supporters by taking more money off them than necessary to support their club?

1 minute ago, The DA said:

I'd be annoyed if I played for Hearts, too.

Nah.

Play abysmally for 18 months, getting paid significantly more than players at 9 of the other clubs in your former league and your successful businesswoman CEO deflects attention and scrutiny from all of that by going around screaming "it's no fair".

Sounds like a decent gig to me.

The mercenary journeyman's dream club. 🇱🇻💜