League Reconstruction 20/21 season

7 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

We get at least 300k parachute payment. Where's the 500k or whatever parachute payment earmarked for Hamilton if they'd gone down via a playoff they luckily avoided by voting to avoid it? Just pocketed? Why hasn't that been offered.

You do know that part of the parachute playoff payments come out of the revenue from the playoffs, don't you? It hasn't been offered because it's still in the pockets of Inverness and Accies fans.

Have the SPFL and Hearts chosen their arbitrators yet? I can't remember seeing anything but thought they wanted to move quickly? 

Am i correct in assuming that once chosen they'll be discussing the case for a few days with the QCs and we'll just find out the outcome as opposed to any snippets being leaked?

8 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Ignore the 10m it's a lawyer-led starting point. Hearts would probably have accepted a million or so and probably still would. At the time that amount was mooted, Hearts and PT were possibly looking at NO football next season - ie demoted to a league not running - as clubs in the lower leagues were talking about not being able to operate at all. That's now sorted so I'd imagine our expectations have been lowered.

I don't know. A bit extra compensation for having to play 27 games only and lay off staff seems fine. Something for the Scottish cup nonsense of being put at a disadvantage compared to the other teams and missing out on a European spot potentially. I've always thought the parachute payment was silly, rewarding teams for getting relegated so I wouldn't expect anything in a normal season.

When you lose the arbitration case you will need to cover all costs: Dundee, Raith, Cove, Spfl, Sfa, is going to be at least 500k. Hope you've got it. Could be a poinding outside Budge's townhouse.  

Edited by Snifter Pee Rot

7 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Something for the Scottish cup nonsense of being put at a disadvantage compared to the other teams and missing out on a European spot potentially

You do understand that the euro spot went to 4th BECAUSE WE CANT PLAY FOOTBALL AT ALL AND NEED TO TELL UEFA BY A PREDETERMINED DEADLINE WHICH WE COULD NOT MEET.

Sorry for shouting,  but given you have been told this already I assumed you missed it.

28 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

If you're on a PC, hover your mouse cursor over 8GamesToGo's username or userpic, and a popup window comes up with the option to ignore him. Hope this helps.

Are you some type of detective? How could you possibly know...

Thank you, but what if you're the type of scumbag who is on their phone and cba booting up an old aptop?

15 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

When you lose the arbitration case you will need to cover all costs: Dundee, Raith, Cove, Spfl, Sfa, is going to be at least 500k. Hope you've got it. Could be a poinding outside Budge's townhouse.  

Sent this to Anne Budge save us the bother.  She’ll likely get back to me saying WTF is a poinding?

4 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Sent this to Anne Budge save us the bother.  She’ll likely get back to me saying WTF is a poinding?

Poinding (pronounced as if spelled pinnding) (Scots law) : that diligence whereby a debtor's property is carried directly to a creditor.

11 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

It's just not nice to look at.

Remind me how many times Hearts have gone into administration?

Once you do, I'll tell you how many times St Mirren have.

Maybe if your club operated with a financial prudence others do you wouldn't be in such trouble.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

I had to check, because I thought they'd been abolished by the Scottish Government, and indeed they had. Tommy Sheridan made sure that we could all safely refuse to pay our poll tax next time round...

Good man.  Has kind of become a parody of his former self.  If the OF* derby ever needs to be settled by other means, I would propose these two gentleman as proxies of their respective clubs.

0_Screen-Shot-2019-08-16-at-145157.png

JB.jpg

There was nothing stoping the SPFL getting all clubs together ages ago if calling the league early really was the only route they wanted to go down and coming up with a compensation package. At that time Budge was talking 3m and probably would settle for half. Instead they didn't even mention the relegated clubs in their announcement after the resolution was passed (eventually).
From the start the SPFL has set the tone of this. They've used the media to say they have no money, ie no compensation for you. This basically meant take it to court or nothing and forced Hearts and Pt's hands from the start.
They didn't take control of the reconstruction process. They didn't take control of anything to be honest. Club chairman have been all over the papers spouting all sorts of nonsense. Now very quiet all of a sudden - why's that? Nothing to gain for them I suppose.
They've set clubs against clubs. In social media the open misogyny has been absolutely disgusting, also from a couple of club chairmen in the press one in particular I can't remember his name. Do we honestly think one of the boys club members would have got this level of stick? Now they're promoting a tactic of actually encouraging open warfare between clubs. I only see this as helping Pt and Hearts but it's an absolute car crash and it's all on the SPFL. 
FreeVector-FreeVector-Broken-Record.jpeg

Are you some type of detective? How could you possibly know...
Thank you, but what if you're the type of scumbag who is on their phone and cba booting up an old aptop?
Android? (The phone, not you)
Click on username on a post to get their info, 3 dots in the top right corner, click to get option to ignore or block.

Guest 8GamesToGo
16 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Cant believe Hearts tried to poach players from Hibs on the promise of compo money only to be told in no uncertain terms that it was not happening.

Slapped about in public view.

At least we're not sacking the kit man to pay for signings.