League Reconstruction 20/21 season

12 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

This is where I am. If the three named clubs were satisfied the SPFL would represent their interests, and their argument does seem to be entirely the same, they had no need to enter the proceedings themselves.

Like the Court of Sessions, it's handy to have 2 defence strategies rather than just the one.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Your club has just sued them all for £10 million you numpty! :lol:

The three teams should have a condition that if their promotions are cancelled then Hearts and Partick have to pay them £10 million in lost revenue. Sounds fair.

Guest 8GamesToGo
20 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

The three teams should have a condition that if their promotions are cancelled then Hearts and Partick have to pay them £10 million in lost revenue. Sounds fair.

Do keep up, it's not about what's fair. That's just for crybabies. If they are cancelled it's because the panel ruled they never should have happened in the first place, or rather the relegation shouldn't have happened. We've had promotion with no or with limited relegation before. Move on, drink medicine, you know the drill... in any case if relegation is overturned, all we have is a 13-10-10-9 league. I'm sure the SPFL in their infinite wisdom and supreme competency will be able to figure something out that doesn't harm anyone unnecessarily. I suggest promoting the two non league teams and making it 14-10-10-10 as the fairest solution. I'm sure D Utd and Raith will be all for it.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Do keep up, it's not about what's fair. That's just for crybabies. If they are cancelled it's because the panel ruled they never should have happened in the first place, or rather the relegation shouldn't have happened. We've had promotion with no or with limited relegation before. Move on, drink medicine, you know the drill... in any case if relegation is overturned, all we have is a 13-10-10-9 league. I'm sure the SPFL in their infinite wisdom and supreme competency will be able to figure something out that doesn't harm anyone unnecessarily. I suggest promoting the two non league teams and making it 14-10-10-10 as the fairest solution. I'm sure D Utd and Raith will be all for it.

Who knows, two spaces might just open up for them....

Guest 8GamesToGo
10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Who knows, two spaces might just open up for them....

Amazing that Hearts are the bad guys for suggesting (actually Livingston first suggested it ages ago) the solution that would cause the least financial damage to the most clubs (which is what reconstruction would be) while the SPFL side threatened to put two clubs out of business just for standing up for themselves like clubs around Europe in a similar situation have been doing. Do none of you think for a second you might be backing the wrong horse here just for the opportunity to stick the middle finger at some other clubs?

Guest 8GamesToGo
17 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Fingers crossed

Well as Dundee Utd and Raith have the begging bowl out already they might be two contenders. Hope not.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Amazing that Hearts are the bad guys for suggesting (actually Livingston first suggested it ages ago) the solution that would cause the least financial damage to the most clubs (which is what reconstruction would be) while the SPFL side threatened to put two clubs out of business just for standing up for themselves like clubs around Europe in a similar situation have been doing. Do none of you think for a second you might be backing the wrong horse here just for the opportunity to stick the middle finger at some other clubs?

Not really, reconstruction would have meant financial damage to most clubs, this way it's only for the ones who were worst at playing football. You know, the usual thing.

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not really, reconstruction would have meant financial damage to most clubs, this way it's only for the ones who were worst at playing football. You know, the usual thing.

Reconstruction has always been the solution that spread the pain the thinnest and widest. After playing to a finish it was the fairest solution that rewarded all clubs in promotion positions and didn't punish any teams in relegation positions. After that, null and void would have been the fairest and least damaging, just hugely unfair on D Utd, Cove and Celtic in particular. After that we have the solution they went for - the absolute worst one from a fairness and financial pov. FFS PT and Stranraer didn't even know they'd have a league to play in for a while there.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

The 14-10-10-10 would have imposed revenue losses of approx 300-500k each season for most bottom 6 teams. - less share of tv money and spfl prize pot, fewer games against top 6, reduced hospitality Lower attendances after the split and less sponsorship etc

So an ongoing loss of 1.5m to 3m each year lost to Scottish football. All to save hearts for possibly one season after you won 4 games...

So keeping leagues as they are is the “situation that would cause the least financial damage to Scottish football”

The only *bad guys" thing Hearts did was the arrogance by Budge in her proposal where she couldn't help herself but remind all the clubs (why I don't know) that Hearts are a big club and the Premiership needs them, and then propose to send almost half of League One into the bottom tier for no real reason.  Outwith that, no issue with what they have done, I would want Ayr to do the same.  I was just pissing about, I've always said I don't want Hearts or Partick kicked out, it just fit nicely 😁 .  

I'm no fan of the 14 team top flight for absolutely selfish reasons and I am glad my club did not back it, no idea in the slightest why Inverness should be promoted nor why team's being relegated when the season ended was treated as surprising given that's what we do at the conclusion of the season every year.  

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, flood said:

The 14-10-10-10 would have imposed revenue losses of approx 300-500k each season for most bottom 6 teams. - less share of tv money and spfl prize pot, fewer games against top 6, reduced hospitality Lower attendances after the split and less sponsorship etc

So an ongoing loss of 1.5m to 3m each year lost to Scottish football. All to save hearts for possibly one season after you won 4 games...

So keeping leagues as they are is the “situation that would cause the least financial damage to Scottish football”

Good incentive to finish top 6 then and everyone would know the rules when they start. Calling the league, handing out titles and Euro places and reconstruction would have benefitted at least Hearts, PT, Stranraer, Kelty, Brorra, Brechin, Hamilton (as the team facing a playoff), Falkirk, Raith, D Utd, Cove, Celtic, Caley, Well, Aberdeen and Rangers. Dundee and Ayr might have some right to feel aggrieved at not having a playoff chance for promotion. Aside from that no-one would have lost significant money. They'd all just have to focus on getting into the top 6 or whatever.

The decision they made to call it with relegation, Euro spots awarded and no playoffs benefited Celtic, Dundee Utd, Rangers, Well, Raith, Cove, Brechin, Hamilton, County, St Mirren and whoever else was in danger of relegation down the leagues. It seriously damaged Hearts, PT and Stranraer, as well as the teams in playoff for promotion places. It's pretty clear which was the solution that caused the least damage

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Reconstruction has always been the solution that spread the pain the thinnest and widest. After playing to a finish it was the fairest solution that rewarded all clubs in promotion positions and didn't punish any teams in relegation positions. After that, null and void would have been the fairest and least damaging, just hugely unfair on D Utd, Cove and Celtic in particular. After that we have the solution they went for - the absolute worst one from a fairness and financial pov. FFS PT and Stranraer didn't even know they'd have a league to play in for a while there.

What are your thoughts on the fine details of the reconstruction plan? For example the redistribution of prize money going forward, how the split would work, how we would revert to 12-10-10-10 in a few seasons?

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The only *bad guys" thing Hearts did was the arrogance by Budge in her proposal where she couldn't help herself but remind all the clubs (why I don't know) that Hearts are a big club and the Premiership needs them, and then propose to send almost half of League One into the bottom tier for no real reason.  Outwith that, no issue with what they have done, I would want Ayr to do the same.  I was just pissing about, I've always said I don't want Hearts or Partick kicked out, it just fit nicely 😁 .  

I'm no fan of the 14 team top flight for absolutely selfish reasons and I am glad my club did not back it, no idea in the slightest why Inverness should be promoted nor why team's being relegated when the season ended was treated as surprising given that's what we do at the conclusion of the season every year.  

I was catching up with Sportsound podcasts today and someone said that exact same thing about D Utd and I agree with him.

Good incentive to finish top 6 then and everyone would know the rules when they start. Calling the league, handing out titles and Euro places and reconstruction would have benefitted at least Hearts, PT, Stranraer, Kelty, Brorra, Brechin, Hamilton (as the team facing a playoff), Falkirk, Raith, D Utd, Cove, Celtic, Caley, Well, Aberdeen and Rangers. Dundee and Ayr might have some right to feel aggrieved at not having a playoff chance for promotion. Aside from that no-one would have lost significant money. They'd all just have to focus on getting into the top 6 or whatever.

The decision they made to call it with relegation, Euro spots awarded and no playoffs benefited Celtic, Dundee Utd, Rangers, Well, Raith, Cove, Brechin, Hamilton, County, St Mirren and whoever else was in danger of relegation down the leagues. It seriously damaged Hearts, PT and Stranraer, as well as the teams in playoff for promotion places. It's pretty clear which was the solution that caused the least damage

Absolute nonsense

but then we expect nothing less of you

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, ribzanelli said:

What are your thoughts on the fine details of the reconstruction plan? For example the redistribution of prize money going forward, how the split would work, how we would revert to 12-10-10-10 in a few seasons?

Same way as they've done in the past. It's not like reconstruction is a new thing in Scottish football.