League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo
9 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The main purpose of him asking for those executive powers was so that he could bypass the vote in cases like the one we just had so that he could just put through a 'lets not relegate Hearts' type proposal by executive decree and bypass the hassle of the last 3 months. It's not that different from what Leslie Deans was proposing - an executive override to the decision (although he was demanding a different mechanism - just call the status of the league an 'emergency' and overrule the shit out of everything - that would likely have been challenged in the courts).

You guys don't seem to know what you want. Do you want the clubs to be able to vote to relegate you next time, or not? If whatever the SPFL chief does gets a ton of mindless flak regardless of what way his decision goes, then really you're not doing this for Hearts or for Scottish fitba', you're on a witchhunt.

I was responding to someone saying he's done a simply grand job.

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

One that's utter bollocks

Two Raith Rovers have said this could finish them. This is not DU but DU ,RR and Cove. It is also something that may well have repercussions for many clubs.

"Take your medicine" Isn't that how this works? There were other options, bringing it back to the title of this thread. 

From the BBC today

Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers have asked Scottish Premiership clubs to pledge £5,000 each towards their costs as they defend legal action taken by Hearts and Partick Thistle.

Championship clubs have been asked to pledge £2,000 each, with League One and League Two sides asked for £1,000.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

34 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They're completely different things, and I'm not sure why so many posters (including the non-thick ones such as yourself) are struggling with this.

The 2019/20 SPFL has to be finished before the 2020/21 SPFL can start. It is impossible to continue playing both seasons simultaneously. There is no such issue for the Scottish cup because it is a knock-out tournament, the results of which have absolutely no impact on the subsequent season.

16 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Given they've said they're only going to schedule it when fans are allowed, I'd say yes it will be in front of roughly that amount of people. Unless of course Hearts fans boycott/think they'll lose.

They ended the league early because there is a substantial increase in TV money for the coming season. Attempting to finish the league meant they would have breached their contract with Sky for that and have to renegotiate it. This after Sky knew that BT had bid 13m less a season than they did. Why exactly do you think the only clubs not wanting to end the league were those who were impacted by relegation/non promotion and Rangers who need to appeal to their nutjob support?

I get all this and I would have been all for playing the final had the semi finals been completed. But to me it is now going to feel like a different competition as each team will have different squads and in Hearts case probably a vastly different squad. I just don't see why the need to finish the cup given that there is already going to be pressure on fans attending games and trying to cram fixtures in.

If you are saying they will wait until they can get large crowds back together then it could be towards the end of the year so then next years Scottish cup may have started and the league cup may be finished or at least nearing the latter stages so then the question will be asked to wait for crowds to go back until that final can also be complete. France are due to play their cup final on the 24th July, not sure about Holland but I've faith they will get it done. Typical Scotland will wait and end up making a mockery of it.

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

From the BBC today

Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers have asked Scottish Premiership clubs to pledge £5,000 each towards their costs as they defend legal action taken by Hearts and Partick Thistle.

Championship clubs have been asked to pledge £2,000 each, with League One and League Two sides asked for £1,000.

Given that Hearts and Thistle are suing all these clubs for their share of £10 million that's cheap at the price.

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I sometimes worry that I spend too much time on Pie & Bovril but this guy is something else.

Like we've all got normal active lives right now 😄 As someone who has paid into FoH from the start and who has long believed Scottish football governance needs a complete overhaul I'm very invested in this. I'll be off soon. I genuinely am surprised at the support for the SPFL over this. no surprise from fans of clubs who have gained from the deicison-making, but genuinely surprised about fans of some other clubs not affected or like Falkirk who were going for a title. Each to their own.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

From the BBC today

2 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

What's your view on D Utd owned by wealthy American oil magnate asking for £1,000 each from part-time league two clubs without two pennies to rub together in the middle of a recession a few months after Utd bought themselves a title by going into 3m of debt then sealing promotion by voting for it?

See bold. See point one on previous reply. I'll say it again, that is utter bollocks. I could.explain, but I fear putting more facts in front of you will go the same way as all the other ones. It has also been commented on by myself and others many times explaining the situation at United.

I also point out the answer to my second point, this is not Dundee United. This is Dundee United, RAITH ROVERS and COVE RANGERS. RR have already said this could be extremely dangerous. We do not know the deal between the 3 clubs.

10 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Yes and we return to the amazing coincidence of contact football possibly happening exactly when the SPFL need it to and crowds possibly returning just in time for the OF derby.

What are you talking about.  Our clubs have needed contact football, since games were abandoned.

Clubs are losing money hand over fist during this hiatus.

Contact football in August (if it goes ahead) and crowds in October (if they are allowed) are only months later than clubs 'need'.

Honestly, you need to stop digging!

Edited by aDONisSheep

Guest 8GamesToGo
8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Given that Hearts and Thistle are suing all these clubs for their share of £10 million that's cheap at the price.

Which they knew would happen months ago. No-one is going to get close to that amount by the way, but it would be a decent warchest to use for the Championship 🤣. Maybe Hearts fan James Anderson will help clubs out again.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, aDONisSheep said:

What are you talking about.  Our clubs have needed contact football, since games were abandoned.

Clubs are losing money hand over fist during this hiatus.

Contact football in August (if it goes ahead) and crowds in October (if they are allowed) are only months later than clubs 'need'.

Honestly, you need to stop digging!

So you don't think that the SPFL could have held off calling the league for a month? The gov has put dates on things and backtracked a few times during this whole thing (schools returning for example). It's an evolving situation which is why it would have been prudent to delay a decision longer.

5 minutes ago, steelmen said:

You really haven’t thought this through?

Thistle need to be relegated to give Raith their spot, Stranraer need to be relegated to give Cove their spot.

Having thistle, Falkirk, and airdrie play each other for a spot that doesn’t exist is sheer madness. Unless you want to start spreading it out and have QoS join in, but then why should we not include Montrose? They were in a play off place.

Unless you fancy revisiting the reconstruction discussion, I would file this idea under ‘no going to happen’

I think the goalposts have changed,if football can be played from the start of august and the lower leagues don't start until the middle of October we have a better idea of what is going to happen touch wood.
it's always about minimizing the damage done by covid 19,the fact we have a window for the lower leagues with the later start,would it be possible to finish some sort of football on the park,I'm not saying it would happen or it won't. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

See bold. See point one on previous reply. I'll say it again, that is utter bollocks. I could.explain, but I fear putting more facts in front of you will go the same way as all the other ones. It has also been commented on by myself and others many times explaining the situation at United.

I also point out the answer to my second point, this is not Dundee United. This is Dundee United, RAITH ROVERS and COVE RANGERS. RR have already said this could be extremely dangerous. We do not know the deal between the 3 clubs.

I don't care enough. They posted 3m of debt and paid a fortune for Shankland. 

Yes and it's not just Hearts, it's Hearts, PARTICK THISTLE and STRANRAER. Although you wouldn't know it if you read the coverage. We're the biggest so we get the heat. So are D Utd. Welcome to what we've been putting up with for months.

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

So you don't think that the SPFL could have held off calling the league for a month? The gov has put dates on things and backtracked a few times during this whole thing (schools returning for example). It's an evolving situation which is why it would have been prudent to delay a decision longer.

NO. It has been explained countless times. Clubs could not furlough staff untill they knew the leagues were over. Clubs, not all granted, were begging for the money as they still had costs to pay for with NO money coming in. 

We have only had permission for contact training for less than two weeks. The Scot Government also said originally NO FOOTBALL BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. Again for what feels like an eternity asking without an answer WHEN WOULD THE GAMES BE PLAYED????

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yep, you would need to included QOS in the mini tournament.

On top of Thistle, Airdrie and Falkirk, or Q.oS. instead of Thistle?

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I don't care enough. They posted 3m of debt and paid a fortune for Shankland. 

Yes and it's not just Hearts, it's Hearts, PARTICK THISTLE and STRANRAER. Although you wouldn't know it if you read the coverage. We're the biggest so we get the heat. So are D Utd. Welcome to what we've been putting up with for months.

No we didn't, shankland isn't the top earner and last.season wasn't in the top 4 earners at the club. Again devoid of facts.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The brora v Kelty v Brechin  for me you can do the same with Stranraer and thistle the fact that the league doesn't start gives this window.

Clubs at that level might having the makings of next year's squads but don't have their team for the season. I believe many of players changing clubs down here are on a small retainer with their wages to kick in when training starts. In completing their squads do clubs budget for players to go up, down or stay in the same league?  Add to that those clubs will be required to take players off furlough before commencing training. Your suggestions appear to be pie in the Bovril sky with little awareness of the economics of lower division life.

8 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

No, because that would have had a (self inflicted) impact on this coming season and the new (improved) Sky contract (guaranteeing less money for all clubs).  It would also have meant that clubs would not have received their prize money.

But you know all of this.

Edited by aDONisSheep