League Reconstruction 20/21 season

44 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Haud on. I just have to release a statement with interim results saying a deciding vote has not been received. Then I'll forgot how email spam folders wark and won't think to check it for another 4 hours. In the meantime I'll make a few calls.

Hang on, I have a chance to beat St Mirren 2-0 and avoid the entire issue.

Oh...

1 minute ago, JamesM82 said:

Old enough to remember vaguely having some sympathy for the Hearts / Thistle / Stranraer predicament.

Hearts fans have completely fucked it since they went to court.

So you don't believe you would want your club to do the same, say if Hibs were sitting 2 points behind Celtic at the top of the league with a game in hand, and they called the league?

Just now, Mr. X said:

So you don't believe you would want your club to do the same, say if Hibs were sitting 2 points behind Celtic at the top of the league with a game in hand, and they called the league?

He said Hearts fans. 

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I've never seen Scottish football fans line up behind the SPFL like this just to get some kicks in at one club (well actually 3 bit Thistle and Stranraer seem to be forgotten in this whole thing).

Why do you think that is? Could it be that we're not 'lining up behind the SPFL'? What everyone is doing is accepting that this is the least bad way to end the season - the same as 80% of the SPFL club chairmen.

Nobody much liked Neil Doncaster before this coronavirus hit, but in comparison to the bile, hypocrisy, stupidity, spite, and outright attacks on the rest of Scottish fitba' coming out of the camp that lost the vote, he's coming across as a relatively reasonable, sane, and measured individual. Despite concocting a lengthy dossier on Neil Doncaster's wrongdoings, you guys somehow managed to make make him look good!

Your problem is that you see this as a fight between Hearts and Neil Doncaster. It's not. It's Hearts versus most Scottish football clubs, as well as just the reality of the pandemic. Squeezing enough training to be safe, as well as 8/9 football matches, AND another 2/3 playoffs into 6 weeks, as well as organizing the next season isn't possible, especially since some teams have yet to even recruit players for next season (and when the league was called off, it was unclear that there would even *be* those six weeks). There are a ton of reasons why club chairmen figured the proposal was the best way to end the season, and 'Neil Doncaster hypnotized me into voting for it' was exactly none of them.

Neil Doncaster even took Hearts' side on reconstruction. So did Celtic - but that doesn't fit the absurd fantasy of the Kickback delusioneers so it's completely ignored in favour of some absurd 'They all line up to hate us' story that is based on a distorted view of events, and on ignoring the inconvenient facts (It's hard to squeeze out of you guys the salient, possibly case-ending, fact that Dundeegate wasn't where the Premiership season was ended, that came over a month later, and with the assent of Hearts).

Your way of looking at the world is completely topsy-turvy agenda-driven distortion of the facts. If you ever wonder how flat earthers or antivaxxers or moon hoax conspiracists can believe the nonsense they do, you know now.

I did. I wanted them kicked out entirely. Cheating b*****ds. This whole court thing for me is partly payback for the way the SPFL did everything they could to keep them in the league.
The SPFL didn't even fucking exist in 2012.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

Why do you think that is? Could it be that we're not 'lining up behind the SPFL'? What everyone is doing is accepting that this is the least bad way to end the season - the same as 80% of the SPFL club chairmen.

Nobody much liked Neil Doncaster before this coronavirus hit, but in comparison to the bile, hypocrisy, stupidity, spite, and outright attacks on the rest of Scottish fitba' coming out of the camp that lost the vote, he's coming across as a relatively reasonable, sane, and measured individual. Despite concocting a lengthy dossier on Neil Doncaster's wrongdoings, you guys somehow managed to make make him look good!

Your problem is that you see this as a fight between Hearts and Neil Doncaster. It's not. It's Hearts versus most Scottish football clubs, as well as just the reality of the pandemic. Squeezing enough training to be safe, as well as 8/9 football matches, AND another 2/3 playoffs into 6 weeks, as well as organizing the next season isn't possible, especially since some teams have yet to even recruit players for next season (and when the league was called off, it was unclear that there would even *be* those six weeks). There are a ton of reasons why club chairmen figured the proposal was the best way to end the season, and 'Neil Doncaster hypnotized me into voting for it' was exactly none of them.

Neil Doncaster even took Hearts' side on reconstruction. So did Celtic - but that doesn't fit the absurd fantasy of the Kickback delusioneers so it's completely ignored in favour of some absurd 'They all line up to hate us' story that is based on a distorted view of events, and on ignoring the inconvenient facts (It's hard to squeeze out of you guys the salient, possibly case-ending, fact that Dundeegate wasn't where the Premiership season was ended, that came over a month later, and with the assent of Hearts).

Your way of looking at the world is completely topsy-turvy agenda-driven distortion of the facts. If you ever wonder how flat earthers or antivaxxers or moon hoax conspiracists can believe the nonsense they do, you know now.

That's what's up for debate for me. And Thistle. And the judge so far it seems who said there was a case.

I get that fans of clubs safe in mid table disagree and want to inflict maximum pain on their rivals or just have a laugh at them (unless you're Dundee who votes for their rival to win the title and then votes against reconstruction that would have made winning the Championship easier for them but Dundee must be the sole non self-interested club or something 🤣). But there's no question there were other options less finically damaging to 3 clubs only. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hang on, I have a chance to beat St Mirren 2-0 and avoid the entire issue.

Oh...

And 8 games after that. No question Hearts deserved to be bottom after 30. Deserved to be relegated after 30 though with plenty time to turn things around? Even your new manager disagrees with that one. As I say, 4pt with 8 games to go at the other end of the table would be treated like an exiting title race not a foregone conclusion.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

9 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Doubt it tbh. If Hibs were 2 points behind Celtic’s total with a game in hand when the league was called they’d be champions right now on PPG.

Edited by R.R.FC

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

And 8 games after that. No question Hearts deserved to be bottom after 30. Deserved to be relegated after 30 though with plenty time to turn things around? Even your new manager disagrees with that one. As I say, 4pt with 8 games to go at the other end of the table would be treated like an exiting title race not a foregone conclusion.

Teams in title races win football matches though.

Guest 8GamesToGo
8 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
16 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:
I did. I wanted them kicked out entirely. Cheating b*****ds. This whole court thing for me is partly payback for the way the SPFL did everything they could to keep them in the league.

The SPFL didn't even fucking exist in 2012.

Ok mr pedant. East Fife fan standing up for Rangers and the blazers whatever they called themselves that year. Seen it all now.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Teams in title races win football matches though.

So do teams that start winning to get themselves out of relegation when 4pts behind with a few games to go, like Werder Bremen just did.

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

So do teams that start winning to get themselves out of relegation when 4pts behind with a few games to go, like Werder Bremen just did.

That's true actually, maybe we should have finished the games here too.

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That's true actually, maybe we should have finished the games here too.

Or at least made that the main aim from the start. You’re catching on.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
15 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Doubt it tbh. If Hibs were 2 points behind Celtic’s total with a game in hand when the league was called they’d be champions right now on PPG.

Because that’s what would happen right enough 😆

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Or at least made that the main aim from the start. You’re catching on.

I think I am. Because that way we would have preserved sporting integrity and Hearts would have had a fair shot to save themselves.

Like Werder Bremen did.

Why didn't we consider this?