League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, mishtergrolsch said:

Can we relegate Hearts on the basis that their fans seem to be fucking morons?

Probably. It seems like anything goes. Listen, your club just appointed a manager who thinks relegating teams the way the SPFL did is unfair, or so he said while manager of Tranmere. Shouldn't you be trolling him with crying emojis or something?

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The reconstruction group was announced a month before the Premiership season was officially called.

Strange how Dundee changed their vote so as to ensure reconstruction talks could happen if they were already happening.

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

You think the SPFL is doing a tremendous job, and there was nothing dodgy at all about how that resolution went down, that's fine. A judge agreed Hearts and PT have a case and a right to pursue it. I'm ok wth a season or 3 down there. At least we might win a few games.

Even Rangers didn't whine this much when they got demoted 3 divisions. 

1 hour ago, 8GamesToGo said:

There's a case for null and void based on what happens when matches have to be abandoned. If Dundee Utd are 10-0 up against Dundee with 3 minutes to go and the match is abandoned, it's abandoned. D Utd don't just get the 3 points because they would have won anyhow. Obviously most people have a problem with null and void as it is incredibly unfair on teams going for titles and promotion, which is why I support reconstruction. Despite that, the Dutch went down the null and void route and the world still seems to have kept turning for them.

On top of that, in relation to the SPFL's decision making, we do all know the league never would have been ended like that if Rangers were 4 pts behind Celtic in the league title race right? (Seeing as it seems oK to post alternative scenarios). That's a big deal for anyone, like me, who is sick of the league being run for the OF and one reason why I support making life as difficult for the SPFL as possible. I don't actually think D Utd would have to stay down if we win the case by the way. Like magic, reconstruction would happen.

Pretty sure most governing bodies would confirm that the 10-0 win stands and award the three points in that scenario 

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

The English FA were wrong to null and void the majority of non league. The Scottish FA were wrong in not trying to restart, like the English did, or waiting a while. Maybe the overall costs of testing etc was off putting, but maybe the SFA could have helped with costs. Sure BCD was possible somehow. Hope the arbitration finishes the saga.

Well, we can agree on that one.

If ever there was a thread that deserved to be sealed in concrete and dumped in the fucking North Sea, it is this one.......

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Even Rangers didn't whine this much when they got demoted 3 divisions. 

I did. I wanted them kicked out entirely. Cheating b*****ds. This whole court thing for me is partly payback for the way the SPFL did everything they could to keep them in the league.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, MacArab said:

Well, we can agree on that one.

If ever there was a thread that deserved to be sealed in concrete and dumped in the fucking North Sea, it is this one.......

You won't be saying that if the SPFL really have fecked up the way some think and Hearts and PT win and you need reconstruction 😂 You'll be out with a big hook trying to get it back.

Sorry, no. Of course Dundee Utd will just accept it as an unavoidable consequence of a global pandemic.

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I did. I wanted them kicked out entirely. Cheating b*****ds. This whole court thing for me is partly payback for the way the SPFL did everything they could to keep them in the league.

You shouldn't have taken this to the courts then. That sanction is still on the table.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, welshbairn said:

You shouldn't have taken this to the courts then. That sanction is still on the table.

Er, no. Lord Clark specifically pulled the SPFL's QC up on that one. It's not on the table. I believe threatening that again will see us bumped straight to the Court of Session. He even said there's time in the calendar for it apparently.

3 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I was basing it on Scotland, the country we're in.

Were you aye.

Spain and Italy. Sweden maybe? Over 20 leagues around Europe have been playing for a few weeks now.

No idea smart arse. I do know over 20 leagues are playing football right now.

2 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

An d the Danish, Greek, Finnish, Turkish, Russion, English lower leagues Portugeuse, Norwegian, Swedish.. even the fecking US is about to start playing and they're the worst hit of all! 

Skipped past a few pages after endless dross from you and you're still banging on about other countries.

19 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Quite a lot of other countries think football was important enough to restart as soon as they could. Like you, I would prefer to sit in my room drowning in sorrow at something I can't influence, but other people are keen to both treat the pandemic seriously and do some normal things.

In summary you've been told numerous times why football couldn't be played to a finish in June or July, but you're ignoring all that, and refusing to believe Doncaster couldn't have forced the SG into allowing football to finish playing out the season. Which is all fantasy on your part and not actual reality.

Lets be honest though, Budge and Hearts didn't really want the season finished, she's been relieved of all blame for horrendous decision making in getting Hearts, with the 3rd biggest budget in the league, into the position they found themselves, sitting bottom of the league. This has been the best outcome for her, giving the Hearts faithful an evil villain to deflect all blame away from herself, onto the SPFL and Doncaster. And you mugs have all sucked it right up.

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Strange how Dundee changed their vote so as to ensure reconstruction talks could happen if they were already happening.

Deluded nonsense.

A no vote was never the point, approval of the motion was what was asked for and they did so within the time allotted.

28 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

The SPFL could have put a plan together with all the safety protocols. They didn't even attempt to.

This is an outright lie.

30 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

How can I get evidence of the SPFL and government working together to help football start sooner when the SPFL took that option off the table by ending the league as early as they did.

They are working together to start sooner, sadly it could  not be soon enough to complete last season.  That's why the lower leagues were called earlier and then recently all premiership clubs(including Hearts) agreed that the season could not be completed, after the government said there could be no games played before August the 1st. Even that is not certain as of yet. 

Not sure what part is that difficult to understand.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Were you aye.

Skipped past a few pages after endless dross from you and you're still banging on about other countries.

In summary you've been told numerous times why football couldn't be played to a finish in June or July, but you're ignoring all that, and refusing to believe Doncaster couldn't have forced the SG into allowing football to finish playing out the season. Which is all fantasy on your part and not actual reality.

Lets be honest though, Budge and Hearts didn't really want the season finished, she's been relieved of all blame for horrendous decision making in getting Hearts, with the 3rd biggest budget in the league, into the position they found themselves, sitting bottom of the league. This has been the best outcome for her, giving the Hearts faithful an evil villain to deflect all blame away from herself, onto the SPFL and Doncaster. And you mugs have all sucked it right up.

Not sure a fan of a club formed when another club went out of business and that's been in admin twice should be giving out advice.

Anyhow, I though Livvy were on our side. Didn't you first propose the 14-10-10-10 set-up? Quite hurt really.

9 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Probably. It seems like anything goes. Listen, your club just appointed a manager who thinks relegating teams the way the SPFL did is unfair, or so he said while manager of Tranmere. Shouldn't you be trolling him with crying emojis or something?

Lucky we dont listen to managers and instead decide on relegating teams that finish bottom because they've been honking from start to finish.