League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I'm just surprised a general Scottish football forum has so much time and respect for Neil Doncaster and co.

This has come up a few times, and it's an important point so I'll choose my words as carefully as I can: believing Doncaster is a dick, and believing the SPFL could have handled lockdown better, are opinions that can co-exist with believing that Hearts should get right the f**k down and that sporting integrity has been upheld. Those beliefs are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I hope that's clear. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, RandomGuy. said:

They didnt decide to end the 19/20 season in March/April.

The top flight was officially ended on the 18th of May.

The Scottish Government at that stage had banned all football "indefinitely", with no timescale on its return.

Officially, yes. Or not given it's being challenged. This is mad. We all know the SPFL decided what they wanted well in advance, didn't explore any other options, and rushed through the decision including some absolutely top notch email weirdness. And we all know why.

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Officially, yes. Or not given it's being challenged. This is mad. We all know the SPFL decided what they wanted well in advance, didn't explore any other options, and rushed through the decision including some absolutely top notch email weirdness. And we all know why.

Why? Tell us, this should be good 

Edited by Bohemian

We could have played out the season. We also could have used care home residents as mascots and replaced Bovril with bat soup at all grounds if that’s everyone wanted. The Government made their decisions for reasons that had f**k all to do with Hearts, Partick Thistle or stoapin ten in eh row.

This argument is as redundant today as it was when Lord Foulkes was getting patched off by the UK Government. Hearts getting relegated is not that important in the grand scheme of things. Get a grip and get doon.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

This has come up a few times, and it's an important point so I'll choose my words as carefully as I can: believing Doncaster is a dick, and believing the SPFL could have handled lockdown better, are opinions that can co-exist with believing that Hearts should get right the f**k down and that sporting integrity has been upheld. Those beliefs are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I hope that's clear. 

Likewise I can believe the same about Doncaster and co and can believe sporting integrity was not upheld, especially in the cases of Thistle and Raith and ending the playoffs. As I say I'm Ok with a season or whatever down in the Championship. I've watched us down there several times since the 80s. It's still football.

I've no idea what you're on about.

There was literally months between football being suspended and the SPFL deciding on what they wanted, with your own club backing the vote to end the season.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Why? Tell us, this should be good 

Read the press coverage as soon as football stopped. What was the headline story every single day involving which club?

Just now, Bohemian said:

Why?

Papist conspiracy - you can tell

Pope F when he heard that Budge had a cunning plan to reconstruct the leagues

32288754_Screenshot2020-07-07at20_27_36.png.f872caab0ea35de38378e6d82d88dc23.png

Pope F when he heard the other teams had told the auld boot to ram it

18756368_Screenshot2020-07-07at20_27_56.png.548d018d0958c605c9dfdd902aee76a3.png

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, MrWorldwideJr said:

So unique that multiple other countries have done exactly the same thing as us.

Which other top flight leagues outwith Belgium, Netherlands and France ended early? And which one of those didn't end up in court over it?

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've no idea what you're on about.

There was literally months between football being suspended and the SPFL deciding on what they wanted, with your own club backing the vote to end the season.

New to Scottish football are you? Anyhow it seems like a good time to stop.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

The English FA were wrong to null and void the majority of non league. The Scottish FA were wrong in not trying to restart, like the English did, or waiting a while. Maybe the overall costs of testing etc was off putting, but maybe the SFA could have helped with costs. Sure BCD was possible somehow. Hope the arbitration finishes the saga.

Is there no end to the fucking clowns from Kickback that come on here post endless shite, make a complete arse of themselves with numerous tear stained posts, then slink off never to be heard of ever again?

It's like Groundhog day.

Great entertainment though.:lol:

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Likewise I can believe the same about Doncaster and co and can believe sporting integrity was not upheld, especially in the cases of Thistle and Raith and ending the playoffs. As I say I'm Ok with a season or whatever down in the Championship. I've watched us down there several times since the 80s. It's still football.

So why are you still squealing about being demoted for being the worst team in the middle of a pandemic? And supporting your club for trying to bankrupt every other team because of it?

6 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

How were the football authorities going to challenge the government.  Jaikets aft, roon the back fur a sqerr go? 

15 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

So, let's get this straight what you are saying is...

Scottish football should have ignored the fact there were clubs begging.for.something to.be done to release cash

On top of that situation Scottish football,.in a.country behind Spain & Italy etc in COVID, should have ignored Government rules and player and staff safety.amd played football.

They should have played football at a time the situation was still being researched.

At a time the public were being told not to travel

At a time non essential shops were ordered to close

At a time hospitals were under emergency footing (7 of my other Half's colleagues contracted it due to as it turns out stupidity of two members of the public)

At a time schools were closed.

While of of this is going on at behest of Government, SPFL should have gone "f**k you" to. Holyrood and carried on regardless?

630512.jpg?b64lines=WWVzLiA=

New to Scottish football are you? Anyhow it seems like a good time to stop.

Aye, stop because you've realised how far in the corner you are.

There was over 3 months between the league being suspended and finally ending, and Hearts voted to end the 19/20 season in May.

You crack on claiming everyone was out to get Hearts by, erm, voting the exact same as them.

Edited by RandomGuy.