League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Green Day said:

I am ashamed that I engaged with this fuckhead a few pages ago.

Having now had a look at its posts since I started on my scran, its clear he is one of the other dipshit accounts reincarnated.

He is the P&B equivalent of Tennents lager - bitter, weak and gives you a sore head after a few hours.

Engaged? Your first reply to me was to tell me to f**k off. Not a people person then?

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

What the f**k does that have to do with Arbroath? Arbroath weren't in the Championship at that time.

You brought up Arbroath.

15 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I'm asking the question. Did the SPFL push the gov to be able to restart sooner or did they end the league too quickly before we really knew how things might pan out?

We still don't really know how things will pan out, you daft twat 😂

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Coventry Saint said:

We still don't really know how things will pan out, you daft twat 😂

We do know that it's possible to play football in July in countries worst hit than Scotland have ben though. They were able to do that because they didn't;t rush to end the league.

Did every other business just shut down because the Scottish gov said we might be in lockdown until January? "Well they said January so I may as well just close the doors. What's the point." No they planned for different outcomes, which is what the SPFL should have done.

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Engaged? Your first reply to me was to tell me to f**k off. Not a people person then?

I think that I speak for everyone else that your persuasive arguments have convinced us all that you are right on everything you say. Now go away.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I think that I speak for everyone else that your persuasive arguments have convinced us all that you are right on everything you say. Now go away.

Nooo! Let him stay. I like this one.

14 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Amazing Scotland is so unique. 

So, let's get this straight what you are saying is...

Scottish football should have ignored the fact there were clubs begging.for.something to.be done to release cash

On top of that situation Scottish football,.in a.country behind Spain & Italy etc in COVID, should have ignored Government rules and player and staff safety.amd played football.

They should have played football at a time the situation was still being researched.

At a time the public were being told not to travel

At a time non essential shops were ordered to close

At a time hospitals were under emergency footing (7 of my other Half's colleagues contracted it due to as it turns out stupidity of two members of the public)

At a time schools were closed.

While of of this is going on at behest of Government, SPFL should have gone "f**k you" to. Holyrood and carried on regardless?

Edited by Tannadeechee

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, kingjoey said:

Tell your pals to stop replying with their own persuasive arguments then. I came on with a reasonable post asking a specific question around does everyone really believe we could not have played to a finish and calling the league in March was the only and best option? Most think it was, fair enough. I'm just surprised a general Scottish football forum has so much time and respect for Neil Doncaster and co.

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

We do know that it's possible to play football in July in countries worst hit than Scotland have ben though. They were able to do that because they didn't;t rush to end the league.

Did every other business just shut down because the Scottish gov said we might be in lockdown until January? "Well they said January so I may as well just close the doors. What's the point." No they planned for different outcomes, which is what the SPFL should have done.

They shut down because they were.ordered.by government to do so.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

So, let's get this straight what you are saying is...

Scottish football should have ignored the fact there were clubs begging.for.something to.be done to release cash

On top of that situation Scottish football,.in a.country behind Spain & Italy etc in COVID, should have ignored Government rules and player and staff safety.amd played football.

They should have played football at a time the situation was still being researched.

At a time the public were being told not to travel

At a time non essential shops were ordered to close

At a time hospitals were under emergency footing (7 of my other Half's colleagues contracted it due to as it turns out stupidity of two members of the public)

At a time schools were closed.

While of of this is going on at behest of Government, SPFL should have gone "f**k you" to. Holyrood and carried.on regardless?

I said what I said in my first post. I believe we could have finished the league  if we'd kept our options open.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

This, this, absolutely this. The idiots that are still going on about how the season should have been finished on Sportsound in particular, are never brought to task about all of the points that you have made. The only way that the season could have been finished was by having no Scottish representatives in either of the European competitions in season 2020/21.

There was no other alternative.

You've nailed it, by having the Old Firm in Europe, there are no representatives from Scotland (apart from a couple of early rounds)  Back to court with this one, could be a winner this time !  Unfair that they are always drawn against stronger teams and get beaten too. Now we have complaints about next season being just 27  games, how many games do you want to lose then ? Could have been a quiet summer 🔆

19 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Their hands weren't bound in March/April. That's my point. There were other options. 

They didnt decide to end the 19/20 season in March/April.

The top flight was officially ended on the 18th of May.

The Scottish Government at that stage had banned all football "indefinitely", with no timescale on its return.

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Did they mate. Christ thanks for telling me. I was wondering where everyone had been the last few months.

You must have had similar thoughts last season about the shite your diddy managers signed to try and prevent your laughing stock of a club from being relegated.:)