League Reconstruction 20/21 season

What lobbying did clubs and the SPFL do to get that date moved forward to reflect what other countries have done. Oh none you say because they had already decided way back in  March instead of waiting to see how things panned out like every other country (except the ones that also went to court). Ok, then.
It is simple. The SPFL could have made finishing the league the top priority and acted accordingly, including being prepared to play at a couple of weeks notice and lobbying and keeping in close contact with the gov. They chose not to. We have every right to ask why.
Does JKB have an line of roasters coming over here on a fucking rota system?

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

So how have other leagues managed it? Including in countries much worse hit.

Could it possibly be because there was a will in those countries to play to a finish and not a rush to end the league early? 

No, it’s because Hearts weren’t in any of these leagues....

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Could it possibly be because there was a will in those countries to play to a finish and not a rush to end the league early? 

What countries in Europe have been "much worse hit" by Covid-19 than the UK?

“The Joint Response Group can now confirm that ministers have formally approved full contact training for Scottish Premiership clubs from tomorrow, Monday June 29.

“We would therefore encourage clubs to inform all team staff as soon as possible to facilitate the updated guidance, and clarify that the approval for full contact training is inclusive of all Phase 4 requirements outlined in the Joint Response Group Return to Training protocols reissued on Friday.

“Ministers have underlined that this return to full contact training is subject to observing public health measures, including testing.”

Scotland is unique, as we are the only country controlled by the Scottish government. And they, correctly in my opinion, are being very cautious at reopening everything.

Boris and Co are desperate to open the country, the English premiership was desperate to start again as the amount of money they would be due to payback to sky/bt makes ours look like pocket change. So the government was happy to let them start.

If the SPFL’s rules were correct and the money couldn’t be loaned, then the leagues had to be called to allow clubs to get access to much needed funds.

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, btb said:

What countries in Europe have been "much worse hit" by Covid-19 than the UK?

I was basing it on Scotland, the country we're in.

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

I was basing it on Scotland, the country we're in.

Go argue with Nicola Sturgeon about it then, it's her deciding things.

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

And there it is. As a Falkirk fan, I'm disappointed about how things ended up but it is what it is. If Falkirk had their shit together earlier in the season, they would've been going up instead of Raith. But they didn't and they aren't. Hey ho, them's the breaks.

Let's get some perspective. Hundreds of thousands of people are dying. Many more will. Many others face an uncertain financial future, many businesses will never re-open, or survive long if they do. This is the biggest global tragedy to have happened in any of our lifetimes. And yet we see people who claim to be football fans actively wishing other teams to go out of business, and scheming to try and make that happen. If you're one of them, seriously...take a good long look at yourself. This applies whether you support Falkirk, Hearts, Sevco or anyone else.

Hearts didn't get the job done on the pitch - they're going down. Falkirk didn't get the job done on the pitch - they're staying down. And that's all there is to it.

Werder Bremen didn't get the job done on the pitch. They were going down 4pts behind. Guess what, they played to a finish and got themselves out of it. That's all there is to it. Kind of how football is supposed to work.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Go argue with Nicola Sturgeon about it then, it's her deciding things.

That's my point. It's what the SPFL should have been doing.

10 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Only one I can think of is England, and they had £9.2 million per EPL game on SKY to to cover the cost.

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Scotland is unique, as we are the only country controlled by the Scottish government. And they, correctly in my opinion, are being very cautious at reopening everything.

Boris and Co are desperate to open the country, the English premiership was desperate to start again as the amount of money they would be due to payback to sky/bt makes ours look like pocket change. So the government was happy to let them start.

If the SPFL’s rules were correct and the money couldn’t be loaned, then the leagues had to be called to allow clubs to get access to much needed funds.

I agree 100%. But we're not talking about crowds here. Just closed doors games which are going ahead all over the place. Although I suspect  crowds is what the SPFL have been focusing on. Another thing I disagree with them on. They shouldn't be pushing for crowds the way they are.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, welshbairn said:

Only one I can think of is England, and they had £9.2 million per EPL game on SKY to to cover the cost.

Spain and Italy. Sweden maybe? Over 20 leagues around Europe have been playing for a few weeks now.

@8GamesToGo here is the current situation as per SFA (not SPFL) regarding ALL football. Screenshot_2020-07-07-19-48-09-0986468282.thumb.png.6b4c2e040880310b9b44ff598f79cfca.png

Obviously this may change on Thursday when clubs may get permission to play friendlies and may get the go ahead to start new season on 1st August. As it stands, now Tuesday 7th July we are not allowed by Scot Gov to play football.

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

That's my point. It's what the SPFL should have been doing.

It's what they have been doing. It's been consistently reported that theyve had to fight for training to start, are currently fighting to get friendlies allowed, and have been fighting for months to get the August 1st date agreed.

I understand you have some conspiratorial narrative in your head all built up, but the SPFLs hands are bound by a government who have shown repeatedly they care little for Scottish football.

Guest 8GamesToGo
7 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Wee Nippy will do what she's told 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Most of the population of Scotland disagree. Dundee Utd fan? Ask your new manager if he thinks the way we ended the league was the best option.