League Reconstruction 20/21 season

37 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

I'm assuming Dundee Utd are asking for contributions for all three of the clubs named? surely the fees wouldn't be around £150k for each team?

Can arbitration request/tell Hearts/ Partick to pay all legal costs if this goes the SPFLs way? If so then i'm sure the mysterious benefactor will happy to be stumping up the cash for both 'their' teams as well as the other clubs and the SPFL (and associated fines)?...(should it be needed of course)

Yes, the same statement has been put out by all 3 clubs, with cost being shared between them.

Just now, Golden Gordon said:

It's totally disingenuous on English's part about how United should have expected Hearts/Partick to fight back & been aware of the cost of legal fees. This wasn't action that United sought, they were drawn into this when Hearts cited them FFS. 

They should have known that litigation expenses would have been the consequences when they went ahead and <checks notes> won football matches.

3 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

It's totally disingenuous on English's part about how United should have expected Hearts/Partick to fight back & been aware of the cost of legal fees. This wasn't action that United sought, they were drawn into this when Hearts cited them FFS. 

English is a dancing marionette clown with Budge holding his strings.

Just now, Mr. X said:

To me it does. :)

I'm pretty sure the three clubs could be the model of footballing altruism, led by people committed to the ideals of league reconstruction and they'd still be in court, because they were in Hearts way, and there wasn't enough appetite from the Premier clubs to change the league.

8 minutes ago, renton said:

I'm pretty sure the three clubs could be the model of footballing altruism, led by people committed to the ideals of league reconstruction and they'd still be in court, because they were in Hearts way, and there wasn't enough appetite from the Premier clubs to change the league.

Then I would have some sympathy for them.

Slight differences in the three clubs' statements. Guess who's who. :lol:

Having won the Championship by a considerable margin, and invested substantial sums of money in preparing for next season in the Premiership, a decision to overturn the SPFL resolution that was supported by 34 of the 42 member clubs would be ruinous for us and our fans.

Having won League Two by a considerable margin and having already prepared for the required investment to participate in League One, a decision to overturn the SPFL resolution that was supported by 34 of the 42 member clubs would be seriously prejudicial for us and our fans.

Having won League 1 and invested substantial sums of money in preparing for next season in the Championship, a decision to overturn the SPFL Resolution that was supported by 34 of the 42 member clubs would be ruinous for us and our fans.