League Reconstruction 20/21 season

45 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

One of our undercover Hibees managed to coin the phrase "maroon pound" on Jambos Kickback as a mockery comparing their pathetic actions (tick tock, boycott other clubs, hope they die etc) to Sevco 2012 and their "blue pound".  The Hearts supporters are now widely using this term and it is utterly glorious. 

Someone (Hibby or Jambo I don't know) tried to double that down to "maroon doubloon", but failed to get any traction.   

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Stranraer aren't getting anything. They aren't part of this legal action, so why are folk including them?

Stranraer are named respondents in the legal action. Presumably if relegation/promotion is stopped for the three upper tiers, then League One/Two regulation/promotion would also be halted. The petition document doesn't ask for any compensation for them.

15 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Oh my

926834A5-0D93-403C-B4A9-A36DFEE88647.jpeg

Worst thing that'll happen is that their team will be relegated. Hardly the same thing as seeing your comrades maimed or dead beside you. F****rs need a reality check. Certainly not honouring their memory by making facile comparisons. 

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

On what basis should Hearts get a penny more than the parachute payment?

If they do then any club disadvantaged eg those teams who lost playoffs, could surely put on a similar claim?

I think on the basis that they still had the opportunity to get off bottom spot in the last 8 games.

Nowhere near £8M though.

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I think on the basis that they still had the opportunity to get off bottom spot in the last 8 games.

Going by every metric that simply isn't the case.

Whether that is goals per game, their full season form, their half season form, their last 10 or 6 game form, their record against the other clubs in same position and finally based on the number of games they had won.

It's just not a viable argument, and anyone trotting it out should be told exactly that.

I think the parachute payments are deducted (along with other costs) to arrive at the net amount available as prize money to all the clubs.  So, if there is no parachute for 11th place, it just gets included in the prize money pot. I don’t know whether the SPFL held anything back this year or whether the 11th place parachute will already have been paid out.

The 11th place parachute payment is funded by the SPFL taking a cut of gate money from the play-offs. With no play-offs that money doesn't exist.

Stranraer aren't getting anything. They aren't part of this legal action, so why are folk including them?

If the SFA arbitration (or a court case) ruled that Hearts and Thistle should be compensated then that would set a precedent for Stranraer, and they would likely be awarded a small amount to save them also taking the SPFL to arbitration (or court).

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

It will be the boy @Kernow Hearts recently posting on the Hearts thread, he has just had a bit of a meltdown.

Hes currently claiming that "the other clubs colluded to force Hearts out of business" so he fits the Kickback profile.

You've also got a Hearts fan claiming the season shouldve been postponed and the final 8/10 games all played in July.

1 hour ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Someone (Hibby or Jambo I don't know) tried to double that down to "maroon doubloon", but failed to get any traction.   

If they coupled that with "SPFL piracy" it might take off.

34 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Nowhere near £8M though.

With that logic all the clubs with a chance of a promotion play off spot or automatic promotion would be due compensation, some with a far better chance of promotion than Hearts of avoiding demotion. There would be hardly any clubs left to pay it.

10 minutes ago, Raphael said:

I think P & B as a whole sums up Scottish football for me. I whole heartedly support the utter ripping of my club in the full knowledge that when another club makes an absolute tit of themsleves as they inevitably will, i will be right here with gifs.

giphy.gif

Bravo sir, that's the spirit

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes currently claiming that "the other clubs colluded to force Hearts out of business" so he fits the Kickback profile.

You've also got a Hearts fan claiming the season shouldve been postponed and the final 8/10 games all played in July.

We also have a belief that reconstruction is still on because they can’t afford to pay out10 million in compensation. One or two really are living in a fantasy land.