League Reconstruction 20/21 season

19 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Aye. But my point is there has to be some bounds to the powers of an SFA appointed arbitration panel.

It's whatever the SFA and/or the members involved agree to.

If you want the legal chapter and verse on this stuff, there is the 2010 Arbitration Act, though it won't be easy reading: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2010/1/contents

I'm wondering what they are, because reading through this thread, all I'm thinking is, this isn't what they'll be arbitrating, they won't have the authority to do that etc etc

Well here, Hearts want compensation and/or halting relegation. SPFL doesn't want to give them that. Both sides (reluctantly in the case of Hearts) agreed to let the arbitrator decide by being part of the SFA.

And maybe I'm wrong, but the whole basis of the cases seems to me to be the Dundee vote, and if it is, if a panel finds in Hearts favour, wouldn't it all just go back to another vote?

You're wrong. The basis of the case isn't wholly the Dundee vote. Hearts fans seem to think it is, because it's the one thing that looks like a smoking gun to folks who think this is Perry Mason. Most of it relates to the notion that Neil Doncaster supposedly misled the clubs about being unable to pay prize money before the league positions were finalized, and also that the decision to relegate Hearts and Thistle were unreasonable. The Dundee vote seems to me to be a bit of a sideshow.

And no, there is no likelihood of another vote. If the court/arbitrator rules for Hearts, either relegation is stopped, or some compensation is awarded (assuming that Hearts doesn't materially change the petition in the new forum). It would be highly unlikely and impractical to order another vote - and certainly not if neither party considers that a viable option.

7 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Could the P&B interlopers get off Kickback I can’t get on. 

They're doing you a favour, not a happy place.

Meanwhile here's a deluded straw grasping summary by @JTS98 's favourite. Enjoy!.

image.thumb.png.9a51cda5b44f86f53f6332982f673d8e.png

There's not a fan of other clubs on here wouldn't have expected their club to have taken the same action if it had happened to them.   There were other options available to the league and none if you can say that this was the fairest.  Does every poster here who is celebrating think that the spfl have handled this well?  

2 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

1. There's not a fan of other clubs on here wouldn't have expected their club to have taken the same action if it had happened to them.   2. There were other options available to the league and none if you can say that this was the fairest.  3. Does every poster here who is celebrating think that the spfl have handled this well?  

1. That's a completely hypothetical question, noone can know but there's a general agreement there wouldn't be the same sense of entitlement.

2. Yes we can. It was the fairest, or certainly no less fair than another options. Only less fair to the teams in question.

3. Not ideally, probably not brilliantly, but that's not really relevant to things being "fair" or not, is it?

8 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

There's not a fan of other clubs on here wouldn't have expected their club to have taken the same action if it had happened to them.   There were other options available to the league and none if you can say that this was the fairest.  Does every poster here who is celebrating think that the spfl have handled this well?  

I wouldn't have wanted my club to take it to court.

The other options were very legally and democratically voted down.

The SPFL have handled this as well as they could by putting each option to a vote. Tell us what they should have done instead.

Edited by DA Baracus

Of course its not fair but given clubs voted against reconstruction there is no other option and in these circumstances there is a degree of sympathy for clubs being relegated.

However, what Hearts and Thistle are doing is trying to save themselves by holding a gun to the rest of Scottish football and Partick Thistle who haven't won a game in 2020 have a brass neck trying to penalise Dundee United 14 point clear in the division.  Hearts also tried to hatch a plan with Rangers and Inverness to null and void the season, again penalising the teams who actually performed well. Budge's false care for Scottish football with reconstruction was seen right through especially by a lot of the smaller clubs if Budge had her way from comments a year before would have been obliterated. One of the many reason goodwill has been in short supply. 

7 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

Honestly, there's 600+ pages of people on this thread roundly dismissing all your points here.

There's no point arguing as it's been done to death, and also you clearly won't be swayed, so shall we just leave it?

6 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

1. That's a completely hypothetical question, noone can know but there's a general agreement there wouldn't be the same sense of entitlement.

2. Yes we can. It was the fairest, or certainly no less fair than another options. Only less fair to the teams in question.

3. Not ideally, probably not brilliantly, but that's not really relevant to things being "fair" or not, is it?

Off course it's relevant to being fair.  There were other options available.   The spfl were too quick of the mark to call the season over.  

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Honestly, there's 600+ pages of people on this thread roundly dismissing all your points here.

There's no point arguing as it's been done to death, and also you clearly won't be swayed, so shall we just leave it?

We better leave it...  I'd have thump cramp by the time I had one person agreeing with any of my points.   You've saved my weekend. 

Off course it's relevant to being fair.  There were other options available.   The spfl were too quick of the mark to call the season over.  

Moron and/or troll found.

1 minute ago, HooseLee said:

I guess that's for the arbitrators to decide old chum, with various committees and democratic decisions having already decided it was fair, and the court telling them to take their childish nonsense elsewhere. Apparently the fans of those clubs who were dugmeat all season and Tom English might not be the best judges of what's fair. But there we go.

3 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

I think you mean the SPFL members were too quick off the mark.  You'll recall there was a vote.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

No you aren't. You know fine well that the season couldn't be finished.

You're going have to take my word on that.  Though I don't think you will due to you just looking for an argument...

You're going have to take my word on that.  Though I don't think you will due to you just looking for an argument...

Ok. Explain the other options, bearing in mind that the season could not be finished.

Also bear in mind that all options would have to be put to a vote.