League Reconstruction 20/21 season

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Are Thistle now directly responsible for 25% of the SPFL's legal costs, or is the mysterious benefactor covering those too?

Partick fans dont seem to care. They're currently celebrating United, Raith, and Cove, not getting their legal fees paid.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

There are some who are putting their heads above the parapet and saying that they've lost or that Budge has been leading them up the garden path - they are immediately shot down and accused of bring Hibees.

They seem to be making great play of there being full disclosure of all documents - if they think there's a smoking gun then they will be seriously disappointed.

I think there are people who genuinely believe there's going to be some email sent from Neil Doncaster to John Nelms promising him X or Y if Dundee change their vote. In reality, even if anything of that nature occurred (and I am doubtful that it did, I just think Nelms is incredibly thick), everything would have been done in such a way as to avoid paper trails (eg phone calls, non-recorded video calls). This is probably the case in most workplaces across the country when it comes to any sort of discussion of clients/customers/colleagues which you wouldn't want to potentially have opened up to FOI/GDPR requests.

1 minute ago, Golden Gordon said:

Interesting that [of reconstruction] was inserted and not a direct quote. 

That's exactly how you're supposed to use square brackets within quotes - they're there to show that this is not a direct quote but is instead added to provide context.

1 minute ago, Golden Gordon said:

Interesting that [of reconstruction] was inserted and not a direct quote. 

And that the SPFL was actively facilitating it.  Doesn't sound like SPFL bias to me.  

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, SEETHING said:
Disappointed to discover that Lord Clark was presumably unaware of the legally insightful postings from St Mirren and Dundee fans (and a St Johnstone fan's Mrs) on Pie and Bovril dot com. 

We said it would got to arbitration you fanny.

Greenie, just for calling him a fanny!!!

Back to basics.

Most folk seem to be proceeding on the basis that arbitration will decide the future of the SPFL. Therefore, this is big.

But my reading is that they'll only be deciding if the clubs were unfairly treated on a procedural basis, in which case it would go back to the SPFL clubs to vote on again.

The ramifications are very different.

Anyone else really know whats going on?

Just now, ArabFC said:

Back to basics.

Most folk seem to be proceeding on the basis that arbitration will decide the future of the SPFL. Therefore, this is big.

But my reading is that they'll only be deciding if the clubs were unfairly treated on a procedural basis, in which case it would go back to the SPFL clubs to vote on again.

The ramifications are very different.

Anyone else really know whats going on?

For the petition put before the Court of Session, Hearts and Thistle didn't ask for a revote - they asked for the relegation to be overturned or, alternatively, ten bajillion dollars.

I don't know whether they will, or have to, put the same thing before the arbitrators, but I don't expect they'll be asking for a revote there, either.

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think there are people who genuinely believe there's going to be some email sent from Neil Doncaster to John Nelms promising him X or Y if Dundee change their vote. In reality, even if anything of that nature occurred (and I am doubtful that it did, I just think Nelms is incredibly thick), everything would have been done in such a way as to avoid paper trails (eg phone calls, non-recorded video calls). This is probably the case in most workplaces across the country when it comes to any sort of discussion of clients/customers/colleagues which you wouldn't want to potentially have opened up to FOI/GDPR requests.

Think the delete button comes before the shredder plus they only keep recordings for a month company policy cheers.