League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure if they can force people to hand over their phones with text messages and whatsapp conversations etc. Seems a bit intrusive in a civil issue.

Would maybe be dependent on whether they are work or personal devices. 

30 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Why should they get any compo? Bear in mind the relegated  Dutch Eredivisie clubs got a pittance from their FA.  No cigar again for Budge. 

Give them a token £1 then fine them £1M for bringing the game into disrepute.

The greetin Herts got £1.12M for being 12th and relegated plus a parachute payment. Hamilton got £1.18M for being 11th. Claims for loss of income for being relegated to the Championship are bollocks as that was where they were always heading and relegation happens to several clubs every season. And paying players 3 times more than their competitors when they were just plain shite is self-inflicted bad management. They deserve f**k all.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure if they can force people to hand over their phones with text messages and whatsapp conversations etc. Seems a bit intrusive in a civil issue.

This is what the Department of Justice in England say about disclosure in civil cases. I can't imagine the Scottish courts' view being much different.

"The purpose of “disclosure” is to make sure that both or all parties know of all documents that have a bearing on the case..

Here, “document” means any form of recorded information, not just writing on paper. It includes, for example, pictures, emails, mobile phone texts, social networking messages or video-clips.

You must disclose all relevant documents

• that you now have or
  • that you have had or
  • that are held by someone else who would be obliged to give them to you or let you inspect them or have copies of them if asked or
  • that were held by such a person

You must disclose documents that are harmful to your case just as much as those that are helpful to it.

You must actively search for disclosable documents that you may have, though you may limit your search to what is reasonable."

5 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I hope the sfa bring Lord Nimmo Smith out the deep freeze. The same arbiter who ruled that defrauding £50m in tax and falsely registering over 60 players constituted "no sporting advantage". 

He wasn't acting as an arbiter.

Just now, NorthBank said:

Give them a token £1 then fine them £1M for bringing the game into disrepute.

The greetin Herts got £1.12M for being 12th and relegated plus a parachute payment. Hamilton got £1.18M for being 11th. Claims for loss of income for being relegated to the Championship are bollocks as that was where they were always heading and relegation happens to several clubs every season. And paying players 3 times more than their competitors when they were just plain shite is self-inflicted bad management. They deserve f**k all.

Btw, I got my wires crossed on the Eredivisie, but it's even worse for Hearts; clubs DENIED promotion by the Dutch league were compensated circa 250k, that's promotion to  a league worth double the Scottish Prem and they get a token amount. According to the cretinous auld soak Deans they should have got 16 mulyin each.  Better call Saul;

7 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Btw, I got my wires crossed on the Eredivisie, but it's even worse for Hearts; clubs DENIED promotion by the Dutch league were compensated circa 250k, that's promotion to  a league worth double the Scottish Prem and they get a token amount. According to the cretinous auld soak Deans they should have got 16 mulyin each.  Better call Saul;

Although a team (Utrecht?) who had reached the Dutch cup final and could therefore have qualified for Europe were compensated for having that chance taken away from them. So if the Dutch ruling was applied to Scotland, Hibs and Hearts would be compensated for the Scottish Cup not being completed on time.

Edited by JamesM82

2 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

This is what the Department of Justice in England say about disclosure in civil cases. I can't imagine the Scottish courts' view being much different.

"The purpose of “disclosure” is to make sure that both or all parties know of all documents that have a bearing on the case..

Here, “document” means any form of recorded information, not just writing on paper. It includes, for example, pictures, emails, mobile phone texts, social networking messages or video-clips.

• that you now have or
  • that you have had or
  • that are held by someone else who would be obliged to give them to you or let you inspect them or have copies of them if asked or

You must disclose documents that are harmful to your case just as much as those that are helpful to it.

You must actively search for disclosable documents that you may have, though you may limit your search to what is reasonable."

I think the only thing you don't need to hand over is conversations between yourself and your lawyers (imagine a criminal case scenario for instance) but anything other at all relating to the case must be handed over.  Of course, we thankfully have the freedom fighters at Sevco to save everyones time with the The Dossier...

4 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

• that you now have or
  • that you have had or

I can get that if you're actively involved in the case, like Nelms or Doncaster, but not if you're some office boy at the SPFL or an Elgin City club secretary or whatever.

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

I think the only thing you don't need to hand over is conversations between yourself and your lawyers (imagine a criminal case scenario for instance) but anything other at all relating to the case must be handed over.  Of course, we thankfully have the freedom fighters at Sevco to save everyones time with the The Dossier...

Don't worry. Peter Lawwell makes sure his lawyer is part of every group chat.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Those Hearts fans on JKB are fucking hoot.

The sort of folk who could get all their teeth knocked out and claim it as a win cos now they'll get to eat more soup.

I read one comment claiming "this is in no way a defeat, we only have to pay 50% of the SPFL's legal costs" :lol: