League Reconstruction 20/21 season

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Long story short; the lawyers knew there wasn’t a serious case but happily took the money being offered. The courts look at the detail for a couple of days, realised it was a lot of nonsense and told them to go and deal with it yourselves.

Somehow a bigger waste of money than hiring Neilson or Craig Gordon’s ghost.

Exactly, this whole legal action has been a massive waste of time and money. Hearts / Thistle would have got arbitration if they had just asked for it in the first place, as Rod Petrie hinted at months ago.

My assumption is that they wanted to go court because they don't want a "fair" outcome (i.e. a small award of cash compensation), they wanted all-out victory (reinstatement or millions).

Edited by JamesM82

We will get out of the relegation places -> They did not get out of the relegation places.

We will beat St Mirren and get out of the bottom of the league -> They did not beat St Mirren and get off bottom spot

The remaining games will be played at a later date -> The remaining games aren't to be played.

The league won't be called -> The league was called.

Hearts won't be relegated -> Hearts were relegated.

Reconstruction #1 will happen -> Reconstruction #1 didn't happen

Reconstruction #2 will happen -> Reconstruction #2 didn't happen

The court will rule that the full case can go ahead -> The court didn't rule the case can go ahead.

Any Hearts fan still arguing any point what so ever is effectively punch drunk after making so many bad predictions, all of which have failed to come to pass.

5 minutes ago, Raphael said:

I'm all for banter mate but you can't seriously believe that? 

Not many Scottish clubs could survive losing £8 million as Hearts are claiming. They seem to have a few sugar daddies to bail them out though, and they'll likely get a few quid compo from the panel.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

We will get out of the relegation places -> They did not get out of the relegation places.

We will beat St Mirren and get out of the bottom of the league -> They did not beat St Mirren and get off bottom spot

The remaining games will be played at a later date -> The remaining games aren't to be played.

The court will rule that the full case can go ahead -> The court didn't rule the case can go ahead.

Any Hearts fan still arguing any point what so ever is effectively punch drunk after making so many bad predictions, all of which have failed to come to pass.

So much hope, so many times, so many hammerings.

Cue the music …………………. "Build Me Up Buttercup" by The Foundations (of Hearts).

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Not many Scottish clubs could survive losing £8 million as Hearts are claiming. They seem to have a few sugar daddies to bail them out though, and they'll likely get a few quid compo from the panel.

Why should they get any compo? Bear in mind the relegated  Dutch Eredivisie clubs got a pittance from their FA.  No cigar again for Budge. 

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

That's eight. In future installments I fully expect to see:

Arbitration will go Hearts way -> Arbitration didn't go Hearts way

The Court of Session will overrule arbitration -> The Court of Session didn't overrule arbitration.

Hearts are going for 10 in a row! Can anyone stop them?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

As a slightly serious point, if Hearts were even anywhere near losing that amount from being relegated then i sincerely hope that the Foundation of Hearts guys who are looking to take over are asking some serious questions of Anne Budge and the board.

The FoH have been amazing at pumping cash in there and if it has been mis-spent or not managed 'correctly' then they may end up getting control of the club in as bad a state as it was when Ann Budge came in (albeit with fan backing).

I'm assuming there was no real relegation contingencies put in place for the business planning...?

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yeah i think we will get some compo out of all this. I completely get fans of other clubs reveling in our misery as i would do the same if roles were reversed but i think we will come straight back up. 

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Kickback is open to everyone again, if anyone fancies a giggle. I know it was restricted to members only earlier on.

Raging that Hearts have to pay half the SPFL's costs.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He cites the Dundee vote as a reason for dismissing the Dundee United dismissal argument (although it's not the main reason).

In the absence of detailed submissions, I cannot reach any concluded view on that matter. It is something which would require to be addressed in a proper legal debate on this issue

He dismissed the Hearts / Thistle argument that the action wasn't a "football dispute".

"I am in no doubt that issues of relegation and promotion, and consequently the compositions of the divisions of the football leagues, arise out of or at the very least are related to “Association Football”."

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

That's eight. In future installments I fully expect to see:

Arbitration will go Hearts way -> Arbitration didn't go Hearts way

The Court of Session will overrule arbitration -> The Court of Session didn't overrule arbitration.

Hearts are going for 10 in a row! Can anyone stop them?

Hearts are not heading for administration ->  :whistle

The good news is, every day is a school day, and we're going to become much more au-fait with how the SFA's arbitration process works.

In my head there are currently a line of arbiters against a wall, waiting for Hearts and the SPFL to pick one each.  Then they get to choose who they want as arbiter referee!

I've got it down pat!  Law is easy! :)

Yours, Rumpole of the Old Aberdeen

aDONis

"If for any reason, difficulties arise with whether the arbitration tribunal is able to deal with the issues in the time available and the parties change their minds and wish the court to deal with, time will be made available for that to happen"

Could Hearts/Thistle come up with a plan to delay the arbitration long enough therefore making it go back to court?...wouldn't put it past them