League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Clearly. The question is, and had always been, is it the court's position to consider it?
The motion to dismiss was refused on the basis it would require a debate to determine as opposed to simply being argued at a by order hearing.

If the petition were to proceed then the matter of whether Hearts and Thistle were prohibited from raising proceedings would then be heard in full.

Just now, Ad Lib said:

So far as I understand it, all that's happened is that the Lord Clark has dismissed the suggestion that the matter must go to SFA arbitration?

He hasn't ruled at all on the substance of the claim.

I'd be careful as a Thistle fan, and would recommend Hearts fans were likewise careful, to proclaim victory based on getting past the most basic of first hurdles necessary to get anything out of this case.

I think he can still put it to the SFA.

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

So far as I understand it, all that's happened is that the Lord Clark has dismissed the suggestion that the matter must go to SFA arbitration?

I'd be careful as a Thistle fan, and would recommend Hearts fans were likewise careful, to proclaim victory based on getting past the most basic of first hurdles necessary to get anything out of this case.

Nope

Just now, Ad Lib said:

No, he's dismissed the motion to send it to the SFA and not allow it back to court.

He's sending it to the SFA to arbitrate, with the ability for it to come back to court afterwards.

Per the Record:

BREAKING!

SFA to appoint an arbitration panel to deal with Hearts and Thistle challenge.

Assuming the Record are correct, the SPFL have won what they were arguing for.

Hearts were wanting to go straight to court.

Edited by JamesM82

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

No, he's dismissed the motion to send it to the SFA and not allow it back to court.

He's sending it to the SFA to arbitrate, with the ability for it to come back to court afterwards.

Thanks for clarifying. That makes more sense.

The only thing Lord Clark has done so far is say he cannot legally dismiss the case.

From what I’m hearing I’d say it’s going to court ordered arbitration as detailed in the SFA Articles of Association which have been judged as incorporated in the SPFL rules , and the decision from that will be legally binding. He has acknowledged it is for the tribunal to hear the arguments and make a determination based on the arguments,  not the courts.

This will be concluded at the earliest opportunity, and then we can put this whole sorry saga behind us, and hopefully punish Hearts and Partick Thistle to the fullest extent for the breach of rules for failing to go to arbitration in the first place.

Edited by JimmyMirren

Guest JTS98

More or less 'as you were'.

I'd imagine we'll be told to piss off by the completely independent arbitration process and end up back in court.

43 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Please, please, please, please, PLEASE...be Arbitration. 

If the court rules for Arbitration in c.20 minutes time, it effectively draws a line under this highly embarrassing episode for Scottish Football and stops any further escalation dead in its tracks.  The ongoing result of that outcome would be a shuddering, comprehensive halt to Heart of Midlothian's cries after multiple knock-backs from every perceivable level in the game.   Hopefully at this point, the Scottish Footballing authorities can throw the book at them for bringing the game into severe disrepute and look forward to financial and/or points/league docking as adequate reparation. 

Mon the Judge. 

Smugfest - Page 2 - The General Nonsense Forum - The Pie Shop

Delicious. 

PLEASING (as they like to say).

Victory for the good guys. 

Enjoy the Championship and don't let the door hit you on the way out Hearts.  LOSERS!

Edited by AberdeenHibee

2 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

The motion to dismiss was refused on the basis it would require a debate to determine as opposed to simply being argued at a by order hearing.

If the petition were to proceed then the matter of whether Hearts and Thistle were prohibited from raising proceedings would then be heard in full.

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

So basically the judge decided to not rule on whether the court had standing because the complexities of that would take too much time.

But has basically agreed with the SPFL that the proper people to arbitrate are the SFA and sent the case there.  Just like in France the case will come back to court to be rubberstamped (or to hear Hearts and Thistle greet again when they get nothing)