League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

And certainly has nowhere near the level of influence Doncaster has, I would have thought. 

He's the chief-executive of the SFA, probably the most influential role in Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

The SFA would punt the arbitration out to independent third parties - like the Court of Arbitration for Sport. They don't do this stuff themselves. 'Excusing themselves' is exactly the first thing they do.

If the SFA are involved in it in ay way, there's only one way it will go. 

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

If the SFA are to arbitrate, surely they'll have to excuse themselves from involvement?

I've no idea how it works.

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Maxwell? He's a fucking idiot. No friend of Thistle.

He was at your club for well over a decade, both playing, coaching, then as Managing Director. 

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

And certainly has nowhere near the level of influence Doncaster has, I would have thought. 

Maxwell is higher up the SFA chain, and with Petrie out the picture, will be leading the SFA just now.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The SFA would punt the arbitration out to independent third parties - like the Court of Arbitration for Sport. They don't do this stuff themselves. 'Excusing themselves' is exactly the first thing they do.

Only if they thought the organisation as a whole was incapable of handling it neutrally. An example of that would be the Man City European ban by UEFA. City haven't gone to court, FA or UEFA, they've gone to CAS.

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

If Doncaster had any real influence the clubs would have voted for 14-10-10-10.

Just now, paranoid android said:

Indeed. Also, that's the same way it would go in the Court of Session. Except that you'd have less chance of being hit with a £500,000 fine and expelled from the league for a year if it's the SFA doing the arbitration!

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

They're not involved, apart from facilitating the process. There will be a panel of three. One chosen by each side, and an independent chairman - agreed by the other two - who must be a senior lawyer or judge. It's all in the SFA's Areticle 99.

What influence do folk think Doncaster has?

Also, there surely aren't folk who still think he's the problem and that replacing him would sort things, or at least go a long way towards that?

Given the series of votes held, are folk still that ignorant over everything?

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Also, there surely aren't folk who still think he's the problem and that replacing him would sort things, or at least go a long way towards that?

He seems to have had some influence over John Nelms. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

The problem is that if Neil Doncaster isn't the Arch Evil Bossmonster Overlord of Scottish Fitba', that means that Hearts and Thistle have to see themselves as being opposed to 26-32 club chairmen and the footballing and financial interests of 26-32 SPFL clubs, and that's a fight that you can never win by digging out a single email from a quarantine server or waving a document at the judge and saying 'Aha! Smoking Gun!'.

If it wasn't Neil Doncaster it'd be Peter Lawwell and if it wasn't Peter Lawwell it'd be Rod Petrie. People just aren't used to thinking in terms of organizations actually having conflicting interests.

So far as I understand it, all that's happened is that the Lord Clark has dismissed the suggestion that the matter must go to SFA arbitration?

He hasn't ruled at all on the substance of the claim.

I'd be careful as a Thistle fan, and would recommend Hearts fans were likewise careful, to proclaim victory based on the case not being dismissed outright getting past the most basic of first hurdles necessary to get anything out of this case .

ETA: I'm not dialled in and seeing some conflicting stuff on social media. I know DU/RR/CR motion to dismiss was refused but not clear what else has been decided?

Edited by Ad Lib

Just now, Ad Lib said:

So far as I understand it, all that's happened is that the Lord Clark has dismissed the suggestion that the matter must go to SFA arbitration?

He hasn't ruled at all on the substance of the claim.

I'd be careful as a Thistle fan, and would recommend Hearts fans were likewise careful, to proclaim victory based on getting past the most basic of first hurdles necessary to get anything out of this case.

Shh don't discourage it.