League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:
15 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:
If we win you’ll need to pretend beat up your pretend legal eagle girlfriend emoji23.png

What a strange thing to say. Sounds like you're projecting your own home life there m9.

You think that moron has a girlfriend ?

Just now, paranoid android said:

Could they not have made some comment on the Scottish Cup situation?

They have.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/sfa-determined-to-finish-scottish-cup-in-front-of-spectators?top

(Finding two dates to finish the 2019/20 Scottish Cup is part of the reason the SPFL guy is complaining about the tightness of the 2020/21 fixture list.)

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

It's fine, though - Neil Doncaster is on the SFA board, so ther'll be no problems there. 

As is Ian Maxwell, so it's hardly fair to claim Hearts and Partick arent represented. 

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Could they not have made some comment on the Scottish Cup situation?

March 

Ian Maxwell, SFA chief executive, said: “Given the fast-moving nature of this unprecedented situation, and the imperative to safeguard public health, we will consider future dates for the cup ties when the situation becomes clearer.

“We are, however, committed to completing the competition at the appropriate time, in front of spectators, and will base any decision on government and UK Medical Officers advice, and the readiness of participants to complete the ties.”

May

We don't know, we want to play them in front of supporters, there's a big financial imperative.

"Depending on what the numbers of supporters are, we want to try and and give it a bit of time to see how that unfolds over the next few months before we make a decision.

"We would look at it, we would look at it. You then start to get fixture challenges, depending on how the season plays out and how the fixture calendar looks at that point.

"We would need to make a decision at some point but we're committed to playing the competition to its completion."

June 

“Ideally we want to play them in front of supporters.

“If it becomes apparent that we are not going to be able to get significant numbers of supporters into stadiums for a period of time then we’re going to have to make a decision on playing matches because the matches are important.

“It’s our flagship event and we want to finish it.

“It’s unknown, if we thought we could wait until later on in the year and that would guarantee us a number of supporters in the stadium then great, everybody would look forward to that. If that’s not going to be the case then I’m sure we will get the games played somehow.”

3 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Even if it goes to arbitration and the SFA side with the SPFL (which i think they would) i cant see Hearts and Thistle getting any more than a slap on the wrists. A lot has happened and the quickest way to get on with things would be to just issue a warning/ suspended action that would allow everyone to get on with things.

Would not be surprised if there is points deduction for bringing the game into disrepute which would be a nightmare for both clubs should they lose the case. 

5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

It's fine, though - Neil Doncaster is on the SFA board, so ther'll be no problems there. 

Doncaster would just recuse himself from any discussions, actions and decisions on the case by the SFA board. Standard procedure when there is a conflict of interest. 

I thought we'd end up with 14 team league solution to avoid relegation, but that sailed so will be interesting to see how this goes. Everyone will claim some sort of victory however! Hard to follow how it went in court in the press stories, but it seemed nobody really got the upper hand or a doing so perhaps the easy option is arbitration. 

Just now, ZingaliMan said:

Would not be surprised if there is points deduction for bringing the game into disrepute which would be a nightmare for both clubs should they lose the case. 

I'd be surprised. This isn't really a matter for in-competition penalties, a points deduction means f**k all to already-relegated teams, and if it's the SFA dishing out the penalty, they don't even run the competition. Also why would it be a vague 'disrepute' charge when the SFA has clauses related to bringing football disputes to court without going via arbitration first (and those penalties for it are fines and/or expulsion)?

3 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I understand the SPFL would want to stop clubs using the courts like this but even though i don't think they should have went down this route it is exceptional circumstances and thats why i reckon a suspended points deduction/ fine would be imposed....if it goes that way 😄

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

If the SFA are to arbitrate, surely they'll have to excuse themselves from involvement?

The SFA would punt the arbitration out to independent third parties - like the Court of Arbitration for Sport. They don't do this stuff themselves. 'Excusing themselves' is exactly the first thing they do.

Edited by Aim Here