League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

A full hearing will not automatically mean a delay. An injuction is not automatic.

Shite scaremongering.

And if there is an injuction then there is no threat of eight squillion in compo... and there is no reason a full hearing would not complete before the start date of the league campaign.

You obviously didn’t listen to any of the court hearing. Once again for the hard of hearing.

Judge: 

What happens if Arbitration fails, it then comes back to court and the pursuers win the case but the season has commenced?

Bowlyn QC for Dundee Utd:
“The league would have to be halted''. 

Every which way as they say. 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

I stopped reading at the first point that was blatantly wrong. This was addressed yesterday. If the hearing - either in the Court of Session or in Arbitration - overshoots the league season, and Hearts/Thistle win, then it's just a case of using the alternative remedy in the petition, which is that the SPFL hands over a bunch of cash.

Where are the SPFL getting this cash from? 🤣

4 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

Keep saying it. Full court hearing = likely delay to premiership hearing

Your undermining your advocate's case there, he was arguing the opposite, that going the arbitration route would delay things more. 

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

You obviously didn’t listen to any of the court hearing. Once again for the hard of hearing.

Judge: 

What happens if Arbitration fails, it then comes back to court and the pursuers win the case but the season has commenced?

Bowlyn QC for Dundee Utd:
“The league would have to be halted''. 

Every which way as they say. 👍🏻

You assume Arbitration and a court hearing cannot be complete before the season starts.

There is lots of time. It isn't like there is a trove of evidence to wade through. There is the SPFL rulebook, the SFA articles, the Dundee vote report (LOL) and that is pretty much it.

And Dundee United do not speak for the league hth.

5 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

Where are the SPFL getting this cash from? 🤣

The SPFL has a turnover of £36 million per year. They can afford a one-off £10 million lump sum, although it takes a big bite out of next year's prize money.

Naturally, that's why trying to settle immediately would be stupid (if there's any reason to settle, which there isn't). If the SPFL fold immediately, the settlement sum would be too big. Far better to wait until they get some rulings or indications in their favour.

League Reconstruction simply can't happen at this late date. Fixture lists get published tomorrow or very soon. Either promotion/relegation is halted, or money changes hands, or the petition is binned.

Edited by Aim Here

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

You assume Arbitration and a court hearing cannot be complete before the season starts.

There is lots of time. It isn't like there is a trove of evidence to wade through. There is the SPFL rulebook, the SFA articles, the Dundee vote report (LOL) and that is pretty much it.

And Dundee United do not speak for the league hth.

There’s not lots of time.

Even this has gone into a 3rd day and perhaps even be back Monday now: 

Just now, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

There’s not lots of time.

Even this has gone into a 3rd day and perhaps even be back Monday now: 

If the trio of promoted clubs win their motion it could be done and dusted next week through SFA arbitration, court case would be finished.

From my point of view:

1) Arbitration is the most likely way Hearts will get anything from this process. They really should be hoping for that, not a full court case.

2) If it does go to court there is no chance of an interdict to stop the league from being played. It's simply not within the courts remit to do so. They can rule that the SPFL acted unlawfully - of which there is no evidence of but in the unlikely event that happens it would result in Budge + Co suing for compensation. The court, however, cannot reverse the relegation or force reconstruction.

3) Again if it does go to court, Hearts will find themselves not only at the wrong end of some fairly hefty legal fees, but also a transfer embargo and possible expulsion from the leagues.

As I say, (1) is the only exit strategy that gives them any hope of a "successful" outcome. It was utter folly for successful businesswoman Ann Budge to go down the route of legal action and forced upon her purely by her own hubris and condescension while trying to appease a fanbase which seems to have a very loose grasp of the actual realities facing them.

Edited by Ric

15 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

Can’t back the reconstruction up with facts but what other avenues are there?

Keep saying it. Full court hearing = likely delay to premiership hearing = chance other SPFL member clubs being hit financially every which way. Then there’s fact SPFL organisation balance sheet shows more liabilities than assets. 

Can many afford that post Covid? Not many could afford it ore Covid. 

Facebook? What age are you? 15?

The SPFL is run as a small administrative organisation, not many staff or money. All its money is pretty much the clubs prize money via league and League cup.

Can they afford not to defend it, not monetary wise but reputational?

The SPFL while wanting the motion thrown out, may well welcome a full hearing. May be able to bring up some of Heart's behaviour in all of this as well.

15??? What could possible bring that to mind?Far from it, hence the reason stated your post read like a Facebook post. The kids don't use that. It read low on facts, and high on wish like most Facebook posts.

Edited by Tannadeechee

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The SPFL has a turnover of £36 million per year. They can afford a one-off £10 million lump sum, although it takes a big bite out of next year's prize money.

Naturally, that's why trying to settle immediately would be stupid (if there's any reason to settle, which there isn't). If the SPFL fold immediately, the settlement sum would be too big. Far better to wait until they get some rulings or indications in their favour.

The  dilution of funds was the main reason that many clubs voted against reconstruction. The prize money was given as a reason (in current Covid challenges) to finish season and get monies in.

if it was £10m plus court costs (as I keep saying I don’t think it will ever see the light of day in full court hearing as out of court arbitration likely) then how many clubs likely to go the wall? 

I’ve heard that in next month there may well be at least one club calling in the administrators (brain surgery not required as to who 🤣) .

Your last point very valid. Their defence of “we’d rather the SFA are the arbitrary body” hasn’t gone too well so far I’d suggest: Better lawyers required in future if that’s all they’ve come up with!! 

5 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

I’ve heard that in next month there may well be at least one club calling in the administrators (brain surgery not required as to who 🤣) .

Hearts? They’ve got previous.

7 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

The  dilution of funds was the main reason that many clubs voted against reconstruction. The prize money was given as a reason (in current Covid challenges) to finish season and get monies in.

if it was £10m plus court costs (as I keep saying I don’t think it will ever see the light of day in full court hearing as out of court arbitration likely) then how many clubs likely to go the wall? 

Your last point very valid. Their defence of “we’d rather the SFA are the arbitrary body” hasn’t gone too well so far I’d suggest: Better lawyers required in future if that’s all they’ve come up with!! 

So the SPFL are going to lose but there is going to be out of court arbitration which is what the SPFL proposed.

Who would be the arbitrator in your mind. Not the SFA by chance...