League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Does the Wigan situation finally end the argument that there was a possibility the league up here could've been completed? The costs of bringing the players back, testing and playing games with no income (and at least 6 still to go) shows that unless the clubs have seriously rich owners and very small wage bills then there's a good chance this will not end well for quite a few teams

1 minute ago, King_Of_Kings said:

IMG_9916.jpg

Dundee Utd are thieves apparently and have robbed Hearts. No dignity, no shame!!

What a load of absolute bollocks!!

I'd say it's more like...

Hearts have been found to have been shite at their job, incompetent & just not up to standard. Due to circumstances out with anyone's control they were unable to let Hearts finish their probation and they were let go a bit early. They could have turned their performance round but unlikely. Dundee United have been given a job as they proved very good at interview & now Hearts want to stop them being employed.

2 minutes ago, King_Of_Kings said:

I apologise for that screenshot being so big, sent it on my phone then checked the PC and it looked huge!

When editing, or re-editing the post, click (or double click) on the image and it gives you the option to resize it, so you don't have to dick around with Gimp/Photoshop or your image editor of choice  (at least using a proper computer - don't know about phones).

Edited by Aim Here

Guest DAVIDB69
Does the Wigan situation finally end the argument that there was a possibility the league up here could've been completed? The costs of bringing the players back, testing and playing games with no income (and at least 6 still to go) shows that unless the clubs have seriously rich owners and very small wage bills then there's a good chance this will not end well for quite a few teams

It’s only 1 team in 24 , so it doesn’t suggest that could not have been completed up here . Top league could have been finished , maybe not the lower leagues .

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

What a load of absolute bollocks!!

I'd say it's more like...

Hearts have been found to have been shite at their job, incompetent & just not up to standard. Due to circumstances out with anyone's control they were unable to let Hearts finish their probation and they were let go a bit early. They could have turned their performance round but unlikely. Dundee United have been given a job as they proved very good at interview & now Hearts want to stop them being employed.

I suppose that makes sense if you don't understand what probation is.

2 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Did the manager come out and say they where forced to play the games because of the dosh in the prem?

2 minutes ago, King_Of_Kings said:

IMG_9916.jpg

Dundee Utd are thieves apparently and have robbed Hearts. No dignity, no shame!!

How dare Dundee United win more games than any other team in the league!

Still, this means that United have finally done over Hearts, much like their pals across the road. A Dundee Double you could say.

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

When editing, or re-editing the post, click (or double click) on the image and it gives you the option to resize it, so you don't have to dick around with Gimp/Photoshop or your image editor of choice.

Cheers, been here for years and had no idea. I went back and resized it.👍

3 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

The boy on the Price of Football podcast referenced an EFL chairman telling him recently that most Championship clubs down south will be available for a quid in the next few months. Buying a Championship club is almost always a terrible idea, but there's always some mug who thinks he'll make it work. Especially as a lot of them will be being given away.

I wonder what the average cost would be for buying promotion compared to one year's minimum Premier League money? Huge gamble of course.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I wonder what the average cost would be for buying promotion compared to one year's minimum Premier League money? Huge gamble of course.

Aye, that's the temptation.

The podcast discussed something similar to that recently. I think QPR and Fulham were given as the two recent-ish examples of clubs who spent their way up by blowing so much cash that when they went back down they'd still lost money on the whole adventure despite their short-lived Premier League tenures.

13 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

The boy on the Price of Football podcast referenced an EFL chairman telling him recently that most Championship clubs down south will be available for a quid in the next few months. Buying a Championship club is almost always a terrible idea, but there's always some mug who thinks he'll make it work. Especially as a lot of them will be being given away.

Hopefully two Glasgow clubs buy Championship clubs and f**k off down there to the League they always wanted to play in.

The SPFL case is to sist (suspend) the court case while it goes to the SFA for arbitration. I think the trio's case is to throw out the case, and go to arbitration. Could be wrong, can't listen in at the moment.

Just now, welshbairn said:

The SPFL case is to sist (suspend) the court case while it goes to the SFA for arbitration. I think the trio's case is to throw out the case, and go to arbitration. Could be wrong, can't listen in at the moment.

That's pretty much exactly what the SPFL boy said when he started speaking. He's a lot more fluent than the Dundee United guy.