League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Just now, Aim Here said:

Dundee United's advocate. I think it's Garry Boreland.

Don't think the SPFL have been up yet either.

I thought it was the SPFL boy, a lot better than coughing man who kicked off for the trio. Stopped for lunch and the Judge mentioned it might not even finish today.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

Dundee United's advocate. I think it's Garry Boreland.

Don't think the SPFL have been up yet either.

I've probably watched too much telly but i thought the people bringing the action presented their case first. I'd have expected the SPFL, DU, Cove and RR just to sit tight and watch the arguments (such as they are) for reversing the decision made or handing out wads of cash...

5 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

so who's doing all the talking just now?

I assumed it was the SPFL guy as it's not the same guy who started it for the promoted ones.

1 minute ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

I've probably watched too much telly but i thought the people bringing the action presented their case first. I'd have expected the SPFL, DU, Cove and RR just to sit tight and watch the arguments (such as they are) for reversing the decision made or handing out wads of cash...

Don't know the exact basis for this hearing, but it could be that it's some sort of motion brought by the respondents, in which case, they push their motion, Hearts replies, and then they reply to Hearts' reply.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Furlough wouldn't have been anywhere close to covering their wages - their wage bill would have been much bigger than even Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen.

Gives the EFL an almighty headache though. Much harder than normal to operate a club in administration (as there is bugger all income), which means there must be a significant risk that they won't complete their fixtures. 

9 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Wigan into administration. I wonder if the Championship restarting has played a part in that (i.e. they had to take players/staff off furlough six weeks ago + costs of testing).

Bargain time few Scots there Marshall,MacLeod and Naismith think Kipre from motherwell tae.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Bargain time few Scots there Marshall,MacLeod and Naismith think Kipre from motherwell tae.

English football, far more so than Scottish, is going to be a complete fire sale.

Suppose that's the perils of having a massive wage bill when you're not a big club, which most of the championship and league 1 has.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Aha, you could be right. I missed the very start.

Kickback seem to think it was the Dundee United guy all the way through, so maybe he got rid of his cough. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

English football, far more so than Scottish, is going to be a complete fire sale.

Suppose that's the perils of having a massive wage bill when you're not a big club, which most of the championship and league 1 has.

If everyone is in the same boat who the f**k will be buying? 

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Furlough wouldn't have been anywhere close to covering their wages - their wage bill would have been much bigger than even Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen.

£19.4m wage bill, from a turnover of just over £11m.

A lot of EFL clubs in a similar position in terms of wages/turnover.

Guest JTS98
5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

The boy on the Price of Football podcast referenced an EFL chairman telling him recently that most Championship clubs down south will be available for a quid in the next few months. Buying a Championship club is almost always a terrible idea, but there's always some mug who thinks he'll make it work. Especially as a lot of them will be being given away.

8 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Gives the EFL an almighty headache though. Much harder than normal to operate a club in administration (as there is bugger all income), which means there must be a significant risk that they won't complete their fixtures. 

At least there is a place for Hearts to apply when we punt them for bringing a court case against the league.

6 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Not everyone released will be lucky enough to get a new club but not every club is in the same boat. The smaller a wage bill of a club just now, the better position they will be in to make moves. For the first time in decades, the market is going to be geared towards clubs rather than players.

For example, you might see clubs up here picking up players for significantly less wages than they normally would have to shell out. Ross County are making good use of this strategy already.

Edited by djchapsticks