League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

What time are we expecting an outcome on this tomorrow? No idea how these things work.

Mid afternoon?

The only pity is - because its being done remotely via video etc - we dont get to see either Doncaster or Budge throwing a hissy fit on the "courtroom steps" afterward.

9 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Mid afternoon?

The only pity is - because its being done remotely via video etc - we dont get to see either Doncaster or Budge throwing a hissy fit on the "courtroom steps" afterward.

Jambos on JKB appear to be quite confident of a win tomorrow.

I wonder how often over the course of last season, that they had this level of confidence the night before a game.

If their football team was as shit hot as their legal team would appear to be, they wouldn’t be in this mess!! 

I wonder how often over the course of last season, that they had this level of confidence the night before a game.
If their football team was as shit hot as their legal team would appear to be, they wouldn’t be in this mess!! 

We’re they not quite confident before the “final” game of the season against St. Mirren?

That turned out well....

13 minutes ago, MacArab said:

It was only a couple of weeks ago that we had a small influx of supremely confident Hearts fans come onto this thread ready for reconstruction to be pushed through. That went well.

18 minutes ago, MacArab said:

11 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

We’re they not quite confident before the “final” game of the season against St. Mirren?

That turned out well....

You two will be looking for this, I believe...

07F747E6-6ED7-498C-82A6-21B13F847077.jpeg.6fa43d0d51c05a007a5e7d3115f7d868.jpeg

32 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Their idea of a 'win' tomorrow will be 'not getting the case immediately punted to the SFA'. That's an extremely low bar for victory and I wouldn't be too surprised if that happens. It's once the case starts getting looked at on it's merits that the problems start to arise.

15 hours ago, MacArab said:

If I was a Jambo, the thing I would be frothing at the mouth about would be just how fucking shite Hearts were all season.

Take December for example. 8 league games, 3 goals scored, 2 points out of a possible 24.

That’s why Hearts are going down Successful Businesswoman Anne Budge, and whose fault is that?

Yup, that's the truth of the matter, it was a shocking season for Hearts. 

7 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Their idea of a 'win' tomorrow will be 'not getting the case immediately punted to the SFA'. That's an extremely low bar for victory and I wouldn't be too surprised if that happens. It's once the case starts getting looked at on it's merits that the problems start to arise.

Yeah, that’s my concern though.

I’m sure that Successful Businesswoman (and shining light of moral integrity) Anne Budge is not losing a moment’s sleep at the fact that a protracted case, and the uncertainty of the outcome could have a major impact on the recruitment of our new manager, (that she has made it necessary to undertake), and could also lead to our losing out on potential signing targets to other clubs.

Serves us right for winning the majority of our games last season eh?

It will be interesting if this were to be the case and Hearts lose, whether Successful and Annoyed Businessman Mark Ogren would fancy taking Successful Businesswoman Anne Budge back into court to chat over these issues. 

Fingers crossed the judge takes one look at this and asks the Jambo’s legal team why the f**k they are wasting his time with this pish, and we can all get on with preparing for the 1st of August. 

It's unlikely this action would have been instigated if their legal advisers didn't think at the very least it would see it's day in court so to speak so it's highly likely to be committed to a full hearing today I would think. This of course will be treated like winning the league by Hearts fans who will see that as a victory in itself when really it's nothing of the sorts. If thrown out completely then serious questions have to be asked of the competence of all involved.

It's unlikely this action would have been instigated if their legal advisers didn't think at the very least it would see it's day in court so to speak so it's highly likely to be committed to a full hearing today I would think. This of course will be treated like winning the league by Hearts fans who will see that as a victory in itself when really it's nothing of the sorts. If thrown out completely then serious questions have to be asked of the competence of all involved.

It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s thrown out completely/send back to the spfl to deal with today. Hearts will have thrown money at their legal team who aren’t going to turn that down which is why they will have instigated it. The whole thing smacks of desperation last chance saloon for successful business woman Ann Budge.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

It's unlikely this action would have been instigated if their legal advisers didn't think at the very least it would see it's day in court so to speak so it's highly likely to be committed to a full hearing today I would think.

Legal advisers don't necessarily advise on whether a case is winnable, just that there is a basis for the case to be made. They get paid whether it goes to court or not, the only way they don't get paid (edit: paid less) is if they say "Nope, absolutely no chance of going to court" which they're clearly not going to do.

The ruling today is whether it's within the court's remit or whether this should go to arbitration. In many ways SFA/CAS arbitration would suit successful businesswoman Ann Budge because that has the most likely outcome of some compensation - certainly not the millions she's asking for mind. If the case does proceed from here, it is absolutely not in any way signalling that there is a likeliness of it winning, more that there is enough of a legal argument for it to do so. There are countless spurious cases that make it to court, ones which you would look at form the outset as having no chance, but the argument is there.

Edited by Ric

Kickback are getting fired up for the big 6 pointer. Looks like a score draw if the analogy fits, contrary to ShedBoy's analysis. Or both sides lose, which is probably more apposite.

image.thumb.png.faddf55098e2e946f0529d8f64df4032.png

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Kickback are getting fired up for the big 6 pointer. Looks like a score draw if the analogy fits, contrary to ShedBoy's analysis.

image.thumb.png.faddf55098e2e946f0529d8f64df4032.png

Christ almighty, only football fans would compare a tedious and drawn out legal battle over compensation to a world war.

Just now, Ric said:

Anyone trotting out WW1 or 2 analogies, whether it's Covid, Brexit of the fucking Seethelothians relegation 🙄 is clearly someone who is a bit of a dick.

She like that INFURIATES ME. 

The c***s trying to relate covid lockdown to the blitz needed put down. Off to the vets for them. Anyone who relates football to the a war need just set on fire. 

Yup... I've absolutely get triggered by that shit. 

Can't see there being anything other than this getting punted back to the SFA for a 'review'....i still can't see where the actual legal argument is for Hearts given how the SPFL used voting, set up committees (with HMFC as chair) for reconstruction, held more voting and only after all of that did AB decide to do a complete 180 on herself and no go with what the 'football community' deemed to be correct.

If nothing else its a decent watch🙂

9 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

She like that INFURIATES ME. 

The c***s trying to relate covid lockdown to the blitz needed put down. Off to the vets for them. Anyone who relates football to the a war need just set on fire. 

Yup... I've absolutely get triggered by that shit. 

When Queenie, ensconced within her golden palace, without a care in the world and every privilege the 'proles' do not, trotted out hints at the British Blitz spirit, it absolutely ripped my knitting.

Lest me mention Sun back pages of WW2 slogans when "our cousins" down south play the Germans.

Edited by Ric